PDA

View Full Version : NFL week 6, the good the bad and the chargers

gueli
10-17-2010, 08:22 PM
Ok football fans, your take on this weeks games.

#1 - I am glad the fish pulled out the GB game.

the good: we won. somehow.

the bad: sloppy play on all sides of the jets. we staggered but we still won. I do not know how...

the UGLY : toss up- another charger loss or the refs. continues to be a sore point- the refs have been soo bad this entire season...

Go Jets
1 week off
:number1:

Missy_Mouses_Dad
10-18-2010, 07:40 AM
The good: Da Barez lost

The bad: Officiating in general.

the ugly: Packers offensive line.

Ian
10-18-2010, 08:20 AM
The Eagles ...

The Good: Overall a really, really solid game against a much better measuring stick of an opponent. The Falcons had been playing very well all season and, at 4-1, represent one of the better tests the Eagles have had this year. They totally dominated them.

The Bad: Still too many sloppy, lazy penalties and the special teams, while improving, still needs work. But outside of that, it was pretty much a "bad free" week.

The Ugly: The QB situation. There are rumors swirling about where Vick was yesterday, was he at the stadium, wasn't he, if not why wasn't he ... not sure if Vick really wanted to start this week (against his old team, so wouldn't be surprising) and Reid told him no so he was pouting or what.

Either way, despite Reid saying that having two QB's playing well is a good thing, I'm not convinced. I see controversy swirling around this all season long and, knowing Vick, it could create a big distraction if it doesn't go his way.

Pagan
10-18-2010, 09:33 AM
The Good: A nice win in a harsh environment. Yes, the opponent had injuries...but were still a formidable team. Happy to come out with a "W". Can the Dolphins play ALL their games on the road? :razz:

The Bad: Henne needs to figure out exactly how wide a football field is. Too many throws over receiver's heads out of bounds.

The Ugly: The Dallas Cowboys.

Ian
10-18-2010, 09:43 AM
The Ugly: The Dallas Cowboys.I know ... isn't it great! :D

JanetMegan
10-18-2010, 12:03 PM
Well let's see, I have to say I was sorry to have the Falcons lose but in all honesty I was actually happy for Kolb-I think I agree with Ian that having 2 QBs isn't the best thing right now for team morale etc. Cowboys-ugh. I also was surprised with the Bears loss. Looking forward to GB-Minnesota this weekend on Sunday night!

Greenlawler
10-20-2010, 02:04 AM
Titans

The Good: Defnese looked great, but it was the Jags.....Verner looks like the real deal. Titans find a diamond in the rough with a late round draft cornerback pick again!

The Bad: Injury to Vince....While Collins looked good, again it was the Jags. Not sure the Titans can beat the Eagles with him at the helm...of course the Titans usually feast on the NFC.

The Ugly: Chris Johnson in the game just to get his 100 yards? Ridiculous, if he had gotten hurt Fisher would be having to face a firing squad in the press.

Looking good right now. Really the Titans should be 6-0 but that's why they play the games, so I will settle for 4-2. Why everyone is so high on the Steelers baffles me, although with Ben back they are certainly a tough out. But remember the Titans turned the ball over 7 times in their game and still where a hair away from the win. I am also irritated by the Steelers, no offense to any Steel city fans. I have always respected you guys. But the team gets away with so many flagrant cheap shots. Stuff the Titans always pay 15 yards for. Sure they get fined but never penalized. The Browns were this weeks victims of the oversight. Watched the game and it certainly made a big difference in the outcome.

Anyways, not sure the Titans get to the bye at 6-2. They always play the NFC well but with Collins starting that is not a sure win at all. I am actually even more worried about the Bolts in week 8...really no matter how bad SD is right now the Titans do not play well on the left coast. Probably need to just be happy with a 5-3 start, hoping for the split. However if the boys in powder blue can pull off 6-2 at the break then the playoffs may just be a lock. Not putting the ox before the horse though, the schedule gets tougher from here and 4-4 in the last 8 would be an accomplishment. With no dominant AFC teams there will be a glut of teams at 9-7, I just hope the Titans can somehow put together 10 wins. Not fun to scoreboard watch in the last week, especially when the Titans are playing the Colts that week.

gueli
10-21-2010, 02:13 AM
Titans
Looking good right now... Why everyone is so high on the Steelers baffles me, although with Ben back they are certainly a tough out. But remember the Titans turned the ball over 7 times in their game and still where a hair away from the win...

I think without big ben the first 4 games many people were expecting them to be 1 & 3 or worse. The fact that their D stood up, and their offense worked well enough to win has stunned some people

I am also irritated by the Steelers... the team gets away with so many flagrant cheap shots. Stuff the Titans always pay 15 yards for...

the refs are just so inconsistant this year...

Anyways, not sure... I am actually even more worried about the Bolts in week 8...really no matter how bad SD is right now the Titans do not play well on the left coast...if they can pull off 6-2 at the break then the playoffs may just be a lock... With no dominant AFC teams there will be a glut of teams at 9-7, I just hope the Titans can somehow put together 10 wins.

while there are no perfect teams (last years colts, sd,etc)...I find the comment about dominant teams a little off.
at this point in the NFL many teams are 4 & 2. the stronger teams are starting to pull away...
teams like the Patriots, the steelers & tenesse are strong. the ravens can be beat, but it is a tough win. Jets have been lucky (at 5 & 1) and they will be hard to beat- but I honestly believe that there are NO DOMINANT TEAMS IN THE NFL, not just the afc.
But the teams that are good, are starting to pull it together. I think you will see some teams pull away from the pack- there may be many 11 + wins this year
but i see three tiers at this stage-

the 4 & 2 pack (including Jets)
the 3 & 2 or almost even
and the 2 wins and more losses

so I have questions (for anyone who cares to answer)

you have a bunch of 1 & 5 and 2 0 & 5 - who is the worst of the worst ?
of the second tier - who is the best of that group ?
and who is the weakest of the best teams ?

Pagan
10-21-2010, 10:13 AM
you have a bunch of 1 & 5 and 2 0 & 5 - who is the worst of the worst ?
I'd have to say Carolina. They're just awful.

of the second tier - who is the best of that group ?
I'd have to go with the Packers. With all the injuries they have I'm amazed they're 3-3. Once they heal, look out.

and who is the weakest of the best teams ?
Okay read everything before you get mad Guels, but I have to say the Jets and Chicago.

They haven't really impressed me this year. They lost to the Ravens, if Dolphin defenders didn't have a case of the drops would have lost to them, should have lost to the Vikings and should have lost to the Broncos. That being said, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. The bounces are going their way.

Chicago hasn't impressed me either, and I think they start sliding down soon.

Greenlawler
10-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Agree with Pagan on the Panthers and the Packers, however many of the Packer injuries are of the season ending variety and I don't think they are bound to pull off a playoff appearance.

I also agree that Chicago is smoke and mirrors. I don't believe in the Texans or Chiefs either. The Texans lost another starter on defense and I would wager that they don't break .500 the rest of the season. They always struggle against their own division and still have 5 divisional games left.

The Steelers are clearly not the worst of the top tier and while I think they are a legit playoff team, I just don't think they are that good.

I would say rank the AFC as....

Jets, Patriots, Ravens, Titans, Colts, Steelers, Dolphins, Texans, Chiefs

Scar
10-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Worst - Buffalo
Best around .500 - Minnesota
Fraud - Chicago

It will be interesting to revisit this thread at the end of the year.

Greenlawler
10-22-2010, 02:07 AM
Worst - Buffalo
Best around .500 - Minnesota
Fraud - Chicago

It will be interesting to revisit this thread at the end of the year.

Agreed I am certain I will look foolish :blush:

gueli
10-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Okay read everything before you get mad Guels, but I have to say the Jets and Chicago.

They haven't really impressed me this year... The bounces are going their way.

Chicago hasn't impressed me either, and I think they start sliding down soon.

Um why would I get mad ? :D
I asked a serious question and you answered it. :thumbsup:
The Jets have been lucky in some ways. the revis holdout was not one of them. he still has 2-5 weeks before he is playing at last years level. sanchez looked horrible at times vs denver. we got lucky because randy moss was not yet a big part of vikes. the head hits rules change this week will give us time to figure out what to do. sometimes luck is a big part of the game.

with that said-
I think the bills are the worst of the worst. Minnesota has got a lot of upswing, but if favre cant go...
but the giants are maddening to me.
the patriots are putting a serious run together. the worst of the best- chicago

and scar excellent point- we will have to look back- just remind us...:)