PDA

View Full Version : I forgot...

SandmanGStefani24
10-17-2010, 07:12 PM
I am fighting the urge to pack a week early!

So while thinking about packing and not forgetting anything I am getting together a list of things I might forget to pack. So, let's here it...what did you forget on a recent or past trip?

Here are mine :
one trip i was so proud that I packed light but was suprised to find out I had forgotten to pack clothes to sleep in!

The same trip the Mrs forgot that I couldnt carry on large sized sunblock and I had to leave a brand new full bottle of sunblock at the airport.

What about you?

BrerGnat
10-17-2010, 08:17 PM
I forgot my swimsuit cover up once. I made do with one of DH's workout t-shirts, but it wasn't the same. :(

We forgot to pack a bottle opener on our last trip. Had to buy one from the giftshop to open up the beers we kept in the fridge from the club lounge...

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-17-2010, 08:29 PM
one trip i was so proud that I packed light but was suprised to find out I had forgotten to pack clothes to sleep in!

:ditto: I forgot sleepwear on one trip, and then a few trips later, when DH was doing the lion's share of the packing, he forgot my sleepwear :blush:

r4kids
10-18-2010, 12:01 AM
I know it's crazy but I have already started packing our boxes to ship down (40 days away), and I still always forget something. Camera card, phone charger, razors, you name it. And it's always one thing!! I even make lists...... :confused:

SBETigg
10-18-2010, 07:30 AM
I forgot batteries one year when we had a digital camera that took standard AA Batteries. Bought them in the AK (ouch, about three times the regular retail price).

WDWCrazyKaren
10-18-2010, 08:59 AM
I forgot batteries one year when we had a digital camera that took standard AA Batteries. Bought them in the AK (ouch, about three times the regular retail price).

I spent the first two days of a trip once (back in the days of film) taking pictures before I realized I had no film in the camera...:blush:

rubato
10-18-2010, 09:29 AM

I bought those same batteries! Wow, were they expensive! I hadn't forgotten them though. My son left the camera on overnight twice. Went through 6 batteries in 2 days.

I've never forgotten anything, but I bring WAY too much and am going to try to pack lighter this trip. Of course, being able to check 6 bags for free makes it hard for me. I want to bring everything! :)

joonyer
10-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Our first trip I had bought a new pair of reeboks for all the walking I was going to be doing at WDW, and had them broken in just right, but left them at home. We had driven down to WDW, so I made a quick dash over to the Premium Outlet center and bought another pair of good walking shoes, a different style, that turned out to be even more comfortable that the ones I left at home.

PopPhan
10-18-2010, 11:26 AM

I got caught without extra batteries for the digital camera once myself, bought the Ray-O-Vac batteries they sell in the parks (at egregious expense!) and they didn't last 5 days in the parks!! I wasn't even taking that many pics!!

Sorry to say, but I will always have at least one NEW 4-pack of Energizer Lithium batteries in my camera case, before I leave home, from now on!!!!

KAT1811
10-18-2010, 02:58 PM
. . . when DH was doing the lion's share of the packing. . .

I'd be afraid, very afraid if my DH did the packing! :laughing: :hide:

. . . but I bring WAY too much and am going to try to pack lighter this trip. Of course, being able to check 6 bags for free makes it hard for me. I want to bring everything! :)

:ditto: Try being able to check 12 bags for free! There are 6 of us and I always over pack! I am working on my disorder! :blush: We'll see how I do next time!

I can't recall forgetting anything imperative to our trip's success but the two things I never leave home without are my clear over-the-door shoe hanger for toiletries and my mesh laundry hampers. Makes for a much neater room!

Tinksalot
10-18-2010, 03:39 PM
I forgot my toothbrush on our last trip! :secret:

Gator
10-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Didn't pack any hair products on my first trip. Bought a hat as soon as I was at MK. Now it's tradition to buy a hat every trip.

KAT1811
10-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Didn't pack any hair products on my first trip. Bought a hat as soon as I was at MK. Now it's tradition to buy a hat every trip.

OMG! I'd die! :faint: I would have gone straight to the GF spa to restock!

r4kids
10-18-2010, 08:49 PM
I'd be afraid, very afraid if my DH did the packing! :laughing: :hide:

:ditto: Try being able to check 12 bags for free! There are 6 of us and I always over pack! I am working on my disorder! :blush: We'll see how I do next time!

I can't recall forgetting anything imperative to our trip's success but the two things I never leave home without are my clear over-the-door shoe hanger for toiletries and my mesh laundry hampers. Makes for a much neater room!

Ohhh great ideas!! This is perfect for my group of 9 :) I am somewhat OCD about neatness. I swear I think and function better in a clean, organized space!!

kemps@wdw
10-18-2010, 11:52 PM
I forgot to remember that I didn't have to pack as much as I did! :D

dismommy
10-20-2010, 11:41 AM
I always do all the packing for my family of 3 and it's never been an issue, I have a very good memory (my best friend always referred to me as rainman), but since I've been sick this year I've become very forgetful and am terrified I will leave something important home. I now have a 3 page list of things to pack and already have some things in the suitcase. I'm driving myself nuts.

GBBT
10-20-2010, 09:54 PM
My sis(not Smokster653) packs a month early for any vacation:secret:.We usually wait a couple of days before!:D

PETE FROM NYC
10-21-2010, 04:27 PM
I don't remember forgetting anything of great importance.
BUT, my sister once left her cash home on the dresser.
Thank God for ATMs.