PDA

View Full Version : DD's Pop Century Trip Day 2 - 10/08

BigRedDad
10-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Today we head to Epcot for the F&W Festival. We get to the park shortly after opening. We learned that 8:15AM at the bus stop gets you to the parks after 9AM opening. No big deal.

Mom, her friend, and DD mosey on through the park to Nemo while my sister and I head to Soarin for FPs. We go through stand-by and get on in about 15 minutes. We meet up with the others and Nemo is down. They did Turtle Talk with Crush and my DD was chosen to ask a question. Of all the questions to ask, she asked Crush why her dog Charley bites if you pinch him. I was not there, but the story is everyone was cracking up.

My sister and I head over to TT and MS while the others do the Character Meet and Greet. We walk on to TT and MS, enjoy the Fountain show, and meet back up at the characters as they get to the final one. I get questioned by Security because I started taking pictures of my DD with Goofy. At first I didn't know why, but quickly understand after they explained. They have a policy of not allowing people to take pictures of other people's children. It was no hassle at all. I was surprised and respect the policy.

We make our way out to the F&WF. It is almost noon, so we try our first flight of beers at 15 Beers for 15 Years. We each shared a flight (about 9 oz of beer total each). We make a dreaded mistake by heading left around World Showcase. We learned quickly that the sun was baking in our face the rest of the day. Lesson: head to the right and go counter clockwise. We hit every country and get our passport stamps. DD does Kidcot at most countries and enjoys that. I am a finicky eater and did not try much of anything. The others share some dishes and we had very modest drinks around the world. I can say that the Africa pavilion had something that smelled so awful I got the dry heaves from the smell. I couldn't imagine eating whatever it was.

We watch Sugar Ray at the American Pavilion. They put on a great concert and was very interactive with the audience. We continue on our way and watch Mo Rockin. We work our way to the UK to get a table for Illuminations. I was shocked that all tables were already occupied at 7PM. We get a table with 2 chairs. About 30 minutes later another group gets up from a table and we get the 2 additional chairs we need while people waiting complain. Too bad, we were there already and they offered us the chairs well before leaving. DD and I sit for a bite and drink. Mom, friend, and sister watch the Beatles cover. Eventually, 9PM comes and Illuminations is incredible as always.

We get to the bus stop at about 9:45PM and the first bus for PC comes at 10:15PM. Very weird delay, but not too big of a deal. Once the first bus came, 4 others are there in no time. We get back to Pop Century and in bed about 11PM.

The day was a blast except for our poor decision to go clockwise. We did so much that in hindsight, we would have been better off taking 2 days to do it.

faline
10-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Your daughter's question for Crush was pretty funny! You never know what kids are thinking about or will say!

Illuminations is a lovely end to a very full day!

RedSoxFan
10-17-2010, 01:22 PM
Great day. Your daughter's question to Crush had me laughing out loud. :mickey:

WDWCrazyKaren
10-18-2010, 09:08 AM
But did Crush answer the question? Why DOES Charley bite her if she pinches him? :cool:

Sounds like a great day. We'll steer clear of Africa...:sick:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the report

KylesMom
10-18-2010, 03:41 PM
They did Turtle Talk with Crush and my DD was chosen to ask a question. Of all the questions to ask, she asked Crush why her dog Charley bites if you pinch him. I was not there, but the story is everyone was cracking up. Boy, I bet you were sorry you missed that one!

All in all, a good day at Epcot. Glad you were able to enjoy Illuminations! :mickey:

pdrlkr
10-23-2010, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: