PDA

View Full Version : Elligible for Florida Residency Discounts?

Jen C.
10-16-2010, 11:41 PM
I am currently a part of two seperate unrevoccable living trusts. As part of those trusts, I am officially owner to 1/3 of a property in Palmetto, Florida, as well as 1/3 of a property in Port St. Lucie, Florida. My name is on the deeds, as well as the homeowners insurance, etc. The utilities and such are listed in the names of the trusts to which I am a beneficiary of. The tax bills on one property come listed in our original names, the tax bills on the other property come listed to the trust.

Am I elligible for Florida Residency discounts?

iluvdizney2
10-17-2010, 07:00 AM
I was told I needed my florida license. I currently have my own place in my own name plus local checking/savings accounts and bills with this address, but none of it mattered unless I had my license.

Melanie
10-17-2010, 08:08 AM
This is what is required to purchase Florida resident tickets per disneyworld.com:

Florida Resident Tickets:

Proof of a Florida residential address is required. For each adult ticket purchased, you may provide any of the following:

•Florida driver's license
•Florida state-issued ID card (must have a Florida address)
•Florida-based military ID

The persons who will use the Florida Resident adult tickets must be present at the time of ticket pick up. If you do not have one of the IDs indicated above, then for each adult ticket purchased you must provide one of the following dated within the last two months and evidencing a Florida residential address together with a corresponding picture ID (passport, driver's license, state identification card):

•Monthly mortgage statement
•Florida vehicle registration or title
•Homeowner's insurance policy or bill
•Automobile insurance policy or bill
•Utility bill
•Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statement
•Mail from a Federal, State, County or City government agency

greengeen
10-17-2010, 10:25 AM
If you don't live here, you're not a resident. It's really simple.

Jen C.
10-17-2010, 10:42 AM
If you don't live here, you're not a resident. It's really simple.

Not actually. ;) According to the post above yours by Melanie, I would qualify, as I have the utilty bills, tax bills, etc., in my name, within the 2 month time frame. I appreciate the desire to simplify, however!!

Thank you.

Daisy'sMom
10-17-2010, 11:37 AM
So you want the Fl resident discount but you don't live here? The bills have to be sent to the FL address with your name on it.

Jen C.
10-17-2010, 12:24 PM
So you want the Fl resident discount but you don't live here? The bills have to be sent to the FL address with your name on it.

They in fact, are. I do not live there, year round, but I am responsible and pay all of the monies to upkeep two properties as though I do. Trust me, I would gladly give up the little bit of money I might save from a discount, and be able to sell the $1 million dollars worth of properties there!! ;) That I know for sure! :thumbsup: Just curious if the thousands I pay to "own" two homes there, would yield me any perks.

Daisy'sMom
10-17-2010, 12:40 PM
Well then, try it. The most they can say is no, right? I wonder though, if you used a discount for a hotel and gave them your license, if they would say no to resident deal? I'd call and ask, or better yet, write to them. If the response you get is in your favor, be sure to bring a copy with you. :mickey:

Tinksalot
10-17-2010, 12:57 PM
I checked into this because we also own 2 homes in Orlando that we rent out. You have to obtain a Florida ID with 2 pieces of proof of residence, ie: bank account, utility bills with your name and address on them etc. Alot of people will do this when they might have a home up north that they live in during the summer and in winter the "snow birds" go to Florida.