PDA

View Full Version : Balloons in room for bday?

disneymomma2010
10-16-2010, 11:21 AM
We are going to disney to celebrate my twin sons' bday and we are checking in on their bday, this friday. :party: I have heard that sometime the resorts will have some balloons in the room for people's bday but not always. Is it likely that they will do it or should i make a request? Im not sure how it works

VWL Mom
10-16-2010, 11:56 AM
We were there at the end of June for my son's birthday. No balloons in our room but there was a card with a character photo and autographs.

Strmchsr
10-16-2010, 01:49 PM
We've been there several times for my kids bdays. We had balloons once a couple of years ago. Mostly it's the signed card, which is still very nice. So, I don't think they are doing balloons anymore. Definitely don't expect it, but do make sure their birthday is noted on your reservation.

bopeepfan
10-16-2010, 04:51 PM
I was there in September and we were celebrating my cousins Bday. He didn't get a card or balloons. What he did get in the room though was a towel cake. Hehe. It was cute.

chrim
10-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Well, if you are willing to pay for the service, the Disney florists can/will send balloons to your room. You can contact them at
407-827-3505 or
www.DisneyFlorist.com

One note: balloons will not be delivered to the Animal Kingdom Lodge or Villas (they worry about them getting out the balcony doors, into the savannas and eaten by an animal).

It looks like it would be about $60. They have bouquets themed to Mickey, Buzz Lightyear, and Bolt (also Pooh, Tink, Hanna Montana and High School Musical). :party:

LisaMarie
10-17-2010, 11:56 PM
My sister and I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn January 2009 for her birthday. We did make sure that her birthday was noted on the reservation. I wasn't sure whether the hotel would do anything so I ordered the Winnie the Pooh balloon package from Disney florists to be delivered to our room. On her birthday, we got back to our room after a day in the parks to find not only the balloons I ordered but three latex heliun balloons and a card signed by all of the major characters from the hotel. I don"t know whether she would have gotten them if the hotel hadn"t been reminded by my balloon order. My sister also got a specially decorated table and a cupcake when we had her birthday breakfast at the Crystal Palace.

Mickey'sGirl
10-18-2010, 09:07 AM
In May, we checked into OKW on my son's 12th birthday. He was wished a very sincere "Happy Birthday!" and given a button, but he did not receive any special gifts. We moved to the Contemporary at the end of the week to celebrate my 41st birthday, and I was given a card in my room, and a button. All were very nice gestures, but not over the top.

I would suggest ordering something for the room if you want to ensure a "surprise" for your boys.

I hope you have a fabulous holiday! :party:

Gator
10-18-2010, 03:28 PM
As long as your not at one of the Animal Kingdom Lodge resorts, you can do balloons. They are not allowed at AKL because they can pop and become quite the digestive problems for the animals on the savanahs.

Tinkerfreak
10-18-2010, 08:13 PM
As long as your not at one of the Animal Kingdom Lodge resorts, you can do balloons. They are not allowed at AKL because they can pop and become quite the digestive problems for the animals on the savanahs.

I was just going to say this. We have stayed here several times and a couple of times we have seen someone coming into the lobby with a balloon and the cm always have them kept at the bell services desk. They would tell them that the balloons could hurt the animals so they are not allowed.

mainemajor
10-18-2010, 10:09 PM
DW got balloons AND a signed card on her 49th bday

TheRustyScupper
10-18-2010, 11:04 PM
1) Just ask the front desk for balloons (not at AKV or AKL).
2) They will blow them up and have the Front Desk Runner deliver.
3) Do not try to schedule a time for delivery.

disneymomma2010
10-19-2010, 12:06 PM
1) Just ask the front desk for balloons (not at AKV or AKL).
2) They will blow them up and have the Front Desk Runner deliver.
3) Do not try to schedule a time for delivery.

thanks i will do that!