PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Kids Nite Out

lynnek
10-15-2010, 10:53 PM
We will be in WDW in less than a month for the first time. Very excited!! We have booked a Kids Nite Out sitter for our three kids--minimum 4 hours, we requested at 7:30 because of early dinner ressies at O'Hana. What recommendations do you have? Remember, we will have already eaten. Also, it is a Tuesday night, same night as the Mickey Christmas party at Magic Kingdom. This trip is a reward for 15 yrs of marriage--O.K. a celebration!! I was thinking Jelly Rolls, but thought I'd check with everyone here, since we've never been before. We are staying at CBR. Thanks for your help!

Joannelet
10-16-2010, 07:36 AM
K, here is what I would do if I had no kids in toe. I would go into Epcot (future world) and stroll hand in hand enjoying the countries. Maybe even stopping in some to enjoy a drink :)
Then I would head to Jellyrolls later. It is a dueling piano bar. Have you ever been to one? It is not quiet by any means but it is A LOT OF FUN. The audience gets up for a couple of songs and does the dances. Everyone joins into sing for certain songs. It is great.
I would try to do something romantic before heading over there though. Epcot-world showcase- is a great place to slooooooow down and unwind a little. Maybe take in a ride or 2 just by yourselves. :)

Oh and don't forget to get your anniversary pins and wear them that night!! :)

lynnek
10-17-2010, 06:47 AM
I like the idea of going to Epcot first! With the ages of the children right now, my husband and I will not be going on a ride together, so this would be a good opportunity. Could do test track--he would think I was driving--can't stand my driving:) The World Showcase, then Jelly Rolls--like the sound of that place. Logistically,is it reasonable to fit in? We have rented a car, but would prefer to use Disney Transportation that night in case of adult beverage consumption.

faline
10-17-2010, 11:21 AM
It ending your evening at Jelly Rolls and if the nearby parks have closed before you head back to your resort, you'd have to bus to Downtown Disney and transfer from there. You might want to conider taking a cab from Boardwalk to your resort.