PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Babe's 2 Trips in 2 Weeks Part 11

Beach Club Babe
10-15-2010, 08:22 PM
I am so sorry once again in finishing these reports. Lost internet service again!

When I last left off, I was about to begin adventures in cell phone hunting.

I place a call to the front desk, who then connect me to Lost & Found. I am placed on hold for nearly 20 minutes. I probably should have hung up and called back, but who knows when I would have some time to devote to this again. I explain the entire story including that it was lost either on Spaceship Earth or somewhere in Animal Kingdom. I am placed on hold for another 5-10 minutes while the woman researches if anything remotely matches what I have told her. When she returns, she needs a more detailed description of the phone and then I am once again on hold. She returns much quicker this time and I am told that she has 3 phones matching this description, all lost on the same day, and all at Epcot. The only way she can be certain one of them is Ashleigh's is to give her the serial number. Sorry, I don't happen to know that off the top of my head, so I must hang up and call AT&T. I am able to get the serial number from them and since I do not have direct number for lost & found, I call front desk and ask them to re-connect me. Shockingly, I am placed on hold. I get a different person this time, and I must recant the entire story once again. Then he tells me, "oh yeah," June mentioned you would be calling. He will get June on the phone, if I will hold for just a minute. When June returns, she verifies that indeed, one of the 3 does belong to Ashleigh. She will put in today's basket and I can pick it up if I can make it there before they close. All I need to do is truck the fam over there. We bus over to MK, then monorail over to TTC and walk to Lost & Found. While I go in, I instruct Ron to get pic of the kids in front with the Pluto Topiary, as we visit so often!

In a matter of seconds, I have the phone and we walk back to the monorail and board the Epcot line. Once in Epcot, we cannot really agree on a fast food location for a quick dinner, so we head to World Showcase and begin in Mexico. We see Donald Duck out greeting in his sombrero, so we stop for a quick pic and move onto Norway and ride Maelstrom. Afterward, Emily is insistent on watching the movie, something she's never done, and something we haven't done since our first trip. She proclaims it incredibly boring and never wants to see that again!

We are still discussing our dining options and decide that the only thing everyone is agreeable to is the Liberty Inn. Not much to say here. It is not my first choice but it gets the job done and we are on our way. Moving on to Japan, the guys grab some Kirin and Emily begins to make her mask. She continues on to Morocco and France for more mask making. She will continue her mask making at a later time. She wants to ride something now, so I suggest that she and her brother try Mission: Space, which they do. Illuminations will be starting in a few minutes and since we do not a have a viewing spot, we decide to head back to CSR before the crowds.

Thursday, August 26th

We have no particular plan for our morning activities, so we sleep in just a little and then head for Downtown Disney. It is so much easier to navigate when the crowds are so much lighter than at night. For some reason, I'm not sure why, I have decided that I would like to try out Design-A-Tee and get shirts for the whole fam, cheesy, maybe. We decide on red t-shirts for the larger members of the family, and since they didn't have red for the littler ones, Emily and Hallie get pink. We choose a distressed classic Mickey for our character and add our names and 2010 annual family trip, yes I included Ashleigh, though technically not with us now, she was on our first leg. Our shirts would be ready in an hour and a half, so we meandered around and made some purchases and actually remembered to use my AP discount. We were all hungry, as we didn't really eat anything for breakfast, so we grabbed lunch at our usual spot, Earl of Sandwich which was delicious as always. Our shirts were now ready, so we picked them up and back to the resort we went to drop them off.

Dinner would be at Nine Dragons tonight, so back to Epcot we went. I will continue shortly, barring anymore computer problems!

DizNee143
10-15-2010, 08:58 PM
though a bit time consuming..but not nearly as bad as i thought it would be..im so glad you were able to get/find her phone!! although i cant believe they expect you to know the serial number!! couldnt give a few names and there phone # to verify..lol or something..anyways again..glad it was found! sounds like another nice day after that!:mickey:

RedSoxFan
10-15-2010, 09:05 PM
WOW --- can't believe you were able to find the phone. Great day once you were done with that ordeal.:mickey:

vizsla
10-16-2010, 05:42 AM
Thanks for the report.

T-Belle
10-16-2010, 07:13 AM
What luck finding the phone!!!

faline
10-16-2010, 11:52 AM
How wonderful you were able to locate and retrieve the phone! I'll bet Ashleigh was happy to get it back!

Other than the tip to Lost and Found, sounds like a couple of fairly relaxed days. How did the tees come out?

Beach Club Babe
10-16-2010, 07:22 PM
How wonderful you were able to locate and retrieve the phone! I'll bet Ashleigh was happy to get it back!

Other than the tip to Lost and Found, sounds like a couple of fairly relaxed days. How did the tees come out?

I love how the t's came out!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Yea! Found the cellphone

KylesMom
10-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Hey, I think matching family shirts are cool! They make great pictures, even though a few family members might grumble while getting dressed :D.

I think you have more of a success rate at lost & found than the average guest, Heather! Congrats on finding Ashleigh's phone! :mickey:

pdrlkr
10-23-2010, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: