PDA

View Full Version : CM Appreciation

eeyorepoohfan
10-15-2010, 01:39 PM
There are so many great CMs at WDW and I wonder if any of you do anything to say thanks? When my DH and I went to WDW last year, I always made sure to tell all of our bus drivers hello/good morning/good afternoon when we got on the bus. And always said thank you/have a great day/have a great night when we got off the bus. I am a big advocate of using your manners at all times, and being on vacation is not exception for me. I try to make sure I greet and thank all CMs at rides, counter service, etc. Is there anything special that any of you do for CMs on your trip? My DH and I are going this December and want to know if there is anything else we can do to show our appreciation to CMs who help make our trip even more magical? :cloud9:Thanks in advance!

faline
10-15-2010, 01:42 PM
A couple of folks have reported making small cards of thanks that they handed out to cast members who were particularly helpful or nice. Others have reported creating envelopes in which to leave tips for mousekeeping staff.

MushuGrl
10-15-2010, 02:19 PM
I saw an awesome one once with the Maleficent dragon on it. I said "My butt was dragon, and you helped me out."

BrerGnat
10-15-2010, 03:56 PM
I find that simply using the CM's name when interacting goes a LONG way! My husband is especially good at noticing where the CMs are from, and then asking a question about where they are from, or making a personal connection from his own experience in any places he has been to/has a story from.

CM's really enjoy talking about their own lives.

One time, at WCC, on one of our "girls trips", our waitress (a gal named "Big Red") actually sat down at our table towards the end of our meal (it was close to 10:30, and there were barely any diners even left in the place...we were lingering) and talked to us about her daughter, granddaughter, etc. It was really neat...like visiting with a fun aunt. :thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
10-15-2010, 09:43 PM
I've seen some threads on here before about people making business thank you cards to pass out to CM's and that sort of thing but I find that a thank you can go a long way. I always make it a point to thank the bus drivers, mousekeepers, food service workers, ride CM's, etc. - anyone that does anything for me - even the people who keep the restrooms clean. :mickey:
I always make envelopes to put my mousekeeping tips in - I usually put Disney stickers or something on them.

In my dreams
10-16-2010, 12:45 PM
I think interacting with the CM's is one of the best experiences at WDW.
They all make my vacation worthwhile, and a Good Morning, Hello, Thank You go a long way.

LVT
10-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Nice ideas. I like including all CM's. I feel like a player in a great production and appreciate the parts each play. WDW is a dream vacation each time.

TheRustyScupper
10-16-2010, 08:42 PM
There are so many great CMs at WDW and I wonder if any of you do anything to say thanks?

1) Small gifts are always appreciated
. . . 1966 Corvette Roadster
. . . 4-night stay at Four Seasons
. . . 7-night Carnival Cruise
2) Just don't be too ostentatious.

WDW&MK
10-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Anyone know how to give CM recognition once you are home from your trip? Is there someone I can email? There was a particular server at Boatwrights that I think was excellent as well as our server at WCC. I would love to make sure they get recognition. We did mention to the supv on duty at Boatwrights that he was excellent, but would like to make sure it gets to someone that might be able to give proper recognition. :thumbsup:
Thanks!!

mudpuppysmom
10-18-2010, 10:33 PM
We have had outstanding CM's while on vacation and told supervisers about them so they get an "atta boy/girl" but we've also had one CM who really went out of his way one trip several years ago....His name was Jason and he worked in the Fantastic Plastic works (the former place where you could build a robot on the computer, race them and then make one to take home). We had gone thru the race and since this was our last day we were running late to get to the airport. My son basically threw himself on the ground and cried b/c we didn't have time to build a robot (he always took like 40 minutes to get one just right) and Jason came over and asked what was wrong -- he asked DS, not me! When he found out we had to leave to go home he told us to "wait right here, I'll be back in a second!" He took off like a wild man and when he returned about a minute later he had an ENTIRE BAG FULL of robot parts for us to take home! My son had quite a time on the plane on the way home and also sharing with his friends at school the next day (I sent in a bunch of parts so each kid in his class could build a robot and take it home). I later wrote a very nice letter to guest services about Jason and even got a return response about our experience.

Once again, Kudos to Jason and all the CM's who make our trips so fabulous and memorable!

kemps@wdw
10-18-2010, 11:51 PM
I ALWAYS says "Thank you" to transportation CMs. "Manners Matter". Daily Mousekeeping tips are a given, and a simple Thank you to anyone who helps you in some way doesn't cost a dime. But this year, I decided to go a little further. I have these gold coins imprinted with a "Above and Beyond" message on one side, and "You are Extrordinary" on the other. And I gave these out to some very deserving CMs. One for a CM in each park. And I didn't have to look far to find a worthy recipient! So...THANK YOU to all CMs "on stage" and behind the scenes! You are what makes our journeys "magical".

Gator
10-19-2010, 12:01 AM
I always try and start a conversation with CMs that are standing near us in a parade or with the waitress staff. Drives my wife crazy sometimes, but I like talking to someone who's connected to the Magic. As long as there not rude (few and far between), there usually pretty intersting to talk to.

eeyorepoohfan
10-22-2010, 12:38 PM
1) Small gifts are always appreciated
. . . 1966 Corvette Roadster
. . . 4-night stay at Four Seasons
. . . 7-night Carnival Cruise
2) Just don't be too ostentatious.

:rotfl: Maybe after I win the lottery! ;)

Thank you everyone for the great ideas so far! I love seeing the thought put into showing your appreciation! Keep the ideas coming, I want to be prepared for our December trip!! I need to remember to write down the names of the great CMs so I can be sure to write a letter of appreciation or drop a note to them before leaving WDW!

ToraTory
10-25-2010, 02:41 PM
First I'd like to say that I love this question, what a thoughtful person you are :mickey:

I agree with one of the above posters that completing the comment card is an excellent way to go. My daughter is a WDW bus driver and she receives feedback when a guest completes a card about her. It really does get noticed and appreciated.

She also gets a kick out it when someone from her home state notices her name tag, so if you see a cast member from your state give them a shout out :) If anyone sees Cassie from Maryland give her a hug for me j/k.

Thanks again for thinking about the cast members I really think that's awesome! -- tory

Checkers
10-25-2010, 05:09 PM
:mickey:I am at WDW right now and I can't tell you the number of CMs that have been unbelievably helpful and kind to me. You see, this is the first time I have had to use an ECV because of a broken ankle and I have been very apprehensive about specifically using Disney transportation. Well, the monorail CMs as well as the bus driver last evening from the MK really helped me conquer these fears. I do plan on writing a letter when we get home about the value of these CMs. I also want to state that I have met so many really nice fellow visitors as well who went out of their way to assist me. I plan on "paying it forward" without a doubt!

eeyorepoohfan
10-28-2010, 12:25 PM
First I'd like to say that I love this question, what a thoughtful person you are :mickey:

I agree with one of the above posters that completing the comment card is an excellent way to go. My daughter is a WDW bus driver and she receives feedback when a guest completes a card about her. It really does get noticed and appreciated.

She also gets a kick out it when someone from her home state notices her name tag, so if you see a cast member from your state give them a shout out :) If anyone sees Cassie from Maryland give her a hug for me j/k.

Thanks again for thinking about the cast members I really think that's awesome! -- tory

I will keep an eye out for your daughter in December!!!!

I'm loving all of these ideas and am getting really excited for our December trip! Looking forward to the amazing CMs that we always come across!

Thank you everyone for your ideas, keep them coming. And also thank you to all of you who do show your appreciation to the CMs, I know I would appreciate it if I worked at my happy place!

ryca1dreams
11-06-2010, 10:49 AM
I try to notice name tags too. I once bought a water or something in Liberty Square. The CM was a young girl from China (dressed in the colonial American costume) who didn't look like she was having a good day. So I just said 'Thank You' in Chinese and she smiled real big. I thought that was cute.

But, overall, just being courteous and kind is good - no matter what language.

Disney Hungarian
11-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Years ago, I was at the Tomorrow land terrace (yes, it used to be open). I had just purchased a coffee and was headed to a table. My hip decides to give out on me and I drop like a rock. Spilling my coffee all over me and a few other guests (I felt very bad about that, but they were the ones that helped me up off the ground and told me not to worry about it). As I was walking back to the counter to get some napkins to dry off with, a CM was coming towards me with a fresh cup of coffee and a handful of napkins. I offered to pay for the coffee, but they would have none of that. I made sure to get his name off his name tag. I then took my coffee to City Hall. I went to the counter and told them all about what had just happened. I was told by the CM at City Hall that any time a Guest takes the time to compliment a CM at any Guest Services that it goes on that CM's permanent record and it is a very big deal. I have had several other encounters with CMs over the years and I always take the time to go to Guest Services and tell them about it.:mickey:

eeyorepoohfan
12-22-2010, 07:59 PM
If anyone sees Cassie from Maryland give her a hug for me j/k.

I was looking for your daughter on our trip. Wouldn't you know it, we had all male drivers until our last bus ride of the trip. And it wasn't Cassie. But I did keep her in the back of my mind!