PDA

View Full Version : Dole Whips

CosmicRay
10-15-2010, 12:02 PM
:tink: Where can I find Dole Whips? And do they have different flavors? :tink:

SBETigg
10-15-2010, 12:34 PM
As far as the Dole Whip flavors, they do have chocolate and vanilla as well as the pineapple, but nothing special with the chocolate and vanilla-- it's regular soft serve ice cream. The pineapple Dole Whip is the one most people rave about and crave. You can get them at Aloha Island in the MK(Adventureland) and at the Polynesian resort in Captain Cook's.

CosmicRay
10-15-2010, 12:51 PM
:cowgirl::cowboy: Thank you! I've heard about the pineapple, we will have to try them in January! :cowgirl::cowboy:

Sylvia
10-15-2010, 02:16 PM
Aloha Isle should also still have the pineapple spears. Best treat at the MK - Pineapple Dole Whip and a Juicy Pineapple Spear!!!!

I've also had a Dole Whip at the Poly, but I prefer the MK - I think it's the atmosphere.

Disneyfirsttimer
10-15-2010, 02:35 PM
My favorite is the Pineapple Dole Whip Float :cloud9:.

clausjo
10-15-2010, 02:42 PM
My son had his first dole whip a couple of weeks ago when we were there and he's hooked. He even pointed out to me that it's a snack on the dining plan for the next time we're using it. :mickey:

seanyred
10-15-2010, 04:45 PM
they also have a orange citrus flavor. My DW loves it says it tastes like a dreamcicle. I prefer the original pineapple

bostonsam
10-15-2010, 05:43 PM
As far as the Dole Whip flavors, they do have chocolate and vanilla as well as the pineapple, but nothing special with the chocolate and vanilla-- it's regular soft serve ice cream. The pineapple Dole Whip is the one most people rave about and crave. You can get them at Aloha Island in the MK(Adventureland) and at the Polynesian resort in Captain Cook's.

had the vanilla:yes::thumbsup:

Gator
10-15-2010, 07:31 PM
My favorite thing from the Aloha Isle is the Pineapple Float. It's pineapple juice with the vanilla soft serve in it. It's awesome.

Belster
10-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Ok this post just made me crave one...lol. I will be there in 6 days to have one....cannot wait!

Sylvia
10-16-2010, 12:10 AM
they also have a orange citrus flavor. My DW loves it says it tastes like a dreamcicle.

I always choose the pineapple :papple:, but I may have to try the orange citrus too. I loved dreamsicles as a kid!:tasty:

Looks like there'll be at least 3 stops at Aloha Isle on my next trip.:blush:

Kairi_7378
10-16-2010, 10:08 AM
They used to have root beer floats at Aloha Aisle for those in your party that aren't into pineapple.

LudwigVonDrake
10-17-2010, 05:17 PM
I love me some Dole Whip :tasty:

brivers222
10-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Had my first one on Thursday.... Mmmmmmm

Insanity Clause
10-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Thank you to you that posted this. Now, with the mention of Dole Whips I feel like my trip is growing close. I have been craving a Dole Whip for 18 months now....it is one of my favorite things there at MK. I just hope it isn't too cold for one in December, though for a Dole Whip I think I will chance it.

brivers222
10-19-2010, 09:19 PM
does this help wet the taste buds?

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2449802780084639932ccxZOD

or how about this??

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2507775910084639932PCCFad

Mmmm love them

BrerGnat
10-20-2010, 02:09 PM
For the record, these are NOT ice cream. They are NON DAIRY. So, a bit different than the soft serve ice cream served elsewhere at WDW.

My favorite is pineapple/vanilla swirl. SO good. :thumbsup:

Goofy4TheWorld
10-21-2010, 09:31 AM
http://family.webshots.com/photo/2507775910084639932PCCFad

Mmmm love them

OKAY! I just got back and I looked at the same menu as linked above. When everyone says try a Dole Whip, what specifically do you order from the menu? I am not sue if I ordered the right thing.

Dole Whip soft serve, Soft-serve swirl, Pineapple float, and with any one of those three choices you choose Pineapple, Vanilla, or Orange????

I was expecting to say give me a Dole Whip, but instead had a menu with more choices than a 1040 tax form.

Is there an "official" Dole Whip or is what I have been reading about for 3+ years a term to describe pretty much ANY of the options on this menu???

I asked this because I ordered "Dole Whip Soft Serve" and when asked what flavor (which I was not expecting) I just shrugged and said "Pineapple???"

If that what a Dole Whip is, I was let down quite a bit from all the hype....

brivers222
10-21-2010, 09:49 AM
OKAY! I just got back and I looked at the same menu as linked above. When everyone says try a Dole Whip, what specifically do you order from the menu? I am not sue if I ordered the right thing.

Dole Whip soft serve, Soft-serve swirl, Pineapple float, and with any one of those three choices you choose Pineapple, Vanilla, or Orange????

I was expecting to say give me a Dole Whip, but instead had a menu with more choices than a 1040 tax form.

Is there an "official" Dole Whip or is what I have been reading about for 3+ years a term to describe pretty much ANY of the options on this menu???

I asked this because I ordered "Dole Whip Soft Serve" and when asked what flavor (which I was not expecting) I just shrugged and said "Pineapple???"

If that what a Dole Whip is, I was let down quite a bit from all the hype....

Hmm yeah so did I actually. I am guessing the Floats is what we should have ordered! Although the machine for Dole Whips in at Captain Cooks appears to just be a soft serve thingy... maybe we did order right?

I wanted to go back to try the orange (as i love creamcicles) but instead I always found spending my money on mickey ears was the way to go!

Goofy4TheWorld
10-21-2010, 10:41 AM
I am guessing the Floats is what we should have ordered! Although the machine for Dole Whips in at Captain Cooks appears to just be a soft serve thingy... maybe we did order right?

I wanted to go back to try the orange (as i love creamcicles) but instead I always found spending my money on mickey ears was the way to go!

As soon as the CM handed me what I ordered, I too thought that maybe the float was what I should have ordered instead.

Thinking about trying to order a Dole Whip reminds me of the Soup Nazi episode on Seinfield, you better know what you want before you get there (which I still don't)!

I am going to give it one more try, but I agree that a Mickey Bar is much easier to order and suits me just fine. :thumbsup:

brivers222
10-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Thinking about trying to order a Dole Whip reminds me of the Soup Nazi episode on Seinfield, you better know what you want before you get there (which I still don't)!

Perfect analogy!

I am going to give it one more try, but I agree that a Mickey Bar is much easier to order and suits me just fine. :thumbsup:
That decision is pretty much black and white to me :mickey:

tnpoohbear
10-21-2010, 03:28 PM
I am not an ice cream lover - but I always get a vanilla dole whip - they are wonderful!!! Located in Adventure Land.