PDA

View Full Version : Easy Breakfasts at The Parks

HannahMontana
10-15-2010, 10:43 AM
Looking for easy breakfast ideas at each of the parks. Don't mind quick sit downs, just not looking for long drawn out character breakfasts. We always get there and grab the first thing we see and it is always rather disappointing. We are staying at The Dolphin and I wasn't too impressed with their morning offerings.

We are less than a month away!
:mickey:

faline
10-15-2010, 11:15 AM
At the Magic Kingdom, I like the Main Street Bakery. In Epcot, you can try the food offerings at the Land Pavilion (and while there can snag a fast pass for Soarin). At Disney Studios, Starring Rolls Bakery is good. Nothing comes to mind for me at Animal Kingdom.

cajunprincess
10-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Another vote for the Main Street Bakery. I make it a "must" on every trip!!!

emmatink
10-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Pizzafari has a great breakfast pizza in Animal Kingdom. We also love Main Street Bakery and The Land.

SBETigg
10-15-2010, 12:30 PM
We rarely eat breakfast in the parks because you lose some valuable ride time when lines are lower. Have you tried some nearby resorts pre-park opening? Yacht and Beach Club and Boardwalk must have some great options within easy distance. I haven't found much for breakfast at parks that I couldn't get as good or better at my own resort, as far as quick service options.

Granny Jill A
10-15-2010, 01:22 PM
We always eat something in the room or grab cereal at the food court. Nothing too sugary because that bombs everyone's blood sugar and makes us cranky :D. I've been bringing those little boxes of Cheerios and some paper bowls with me the last couple of trips. I buy some milk and a banana, and presto.... breakfast is done. Cheap, too!

megustamex
10-15-2010, 02:41 PM
You can also get pastries and coffee at the Kusafiri Coffee window at Tusker House in AK (and grab a fastpass for Safari while you're there). You can also pick up fruit at the big cart in front of the Safari ride. They have lots of tables at the Dawa Bar next door where you can eat, and I think the entertainment (African drummers/dancers) comes into the bar around 10am most mornings. It's a fun, easy breakfast spot.

HannahMontana
10-16-2010, 08:22 AM
Thanks all, I really appreciate your expertise! Will definitely hit up The Main Street Bakery, The Land, Pizzafari and Starring Rolls. Just the suggestions I needed. We are going the week before Thanksgiving so the parks aren't busy enough that I feel guilty having breakfast while there are rides to be ridden!

HannahMontana
10-16-2010, 08:38 AM
oh and Kusafiri Coffee too!

OogieBoogieMan
10-16-2010, 04:08 PM
I like to hit the Land pavilion for breakfast in Epcot. I don't think many people realize it is serving breakfast and there is a wide variety of hot and cold food and it is quick. You can grab a fastpass and some food at the same time!

PETE FROM NYC
10-17-2010, 06:25 PM
I like to hit the Land pavilion for breakfast in Epcot. I don't think many people realize it is serving breakfast and there is a wide variety of hot and cold food and it is quick. You can grab a fastpass and some food at the same time!

Its my impression that the Land does not open til 11AM. Too late for breakfast.

OogieBoogieMan
10-17-2010, 06:52 PM
The Land is open at 9, like the rest of FutureWorld, at least it was the last few times we there.

SBETigg
10-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Sunshine Seasons in the land does a nice breakfast, and changes over to lunch at about 10:45.

A Big Kid
10-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Not much of a choice in my estimation: either an overpriced character meal or a less than satisfying counter service with little or no choice.

Before 9-11, there were a lot of choices - my favorite being Tony's- then they were closed because of the lower crowd levels. They never reopened for breakfast.

KAT1811
10-18-2010, 01:47 PM
At the Magic Kingdom, I like the Main Street Bakery. In Epcot, you can try the food offerings at the Land Pavilion (and while there can snag a fast pass for Soarin). At Disney Studios, Starring Rolls Bakery is good. Nothing comes to mind for me at Animal Kingdom.

:ditto: That's our breakfast tour in a nutshell! :thumbsup: Like a PP said I don't like wasting valuable tour time eating. :blush: When we eat in the Land we usually have half of the party ride while the other half eats breakfast and then trade off. That works best for us since we have babies that are to small for Soarin'. DHS it's wolf down breakfast and we're off. AK we eat at the resort first. MK we usually eat first or grab something very quick at MSB.

We always eat something in the room or grab cereal at the food court. Nothing too sugary because that bombs everyone's blood sugar and makes us cranky :D. I've been bringing those little boxes of Cheerios and some paper bowls with me the last couple of trips. I buy some milk and a banana, and presto.... breakfast is done. Cheap, too!

We were so spoiled last year with a 2BR at OKW. We ate great breakfasts while everyone was getting ready. By the time everyone was ready to go everyone had eaten (in shifts). Next time, Garden Grocer delivery and breakfast in the room. Like Granny JillA, a quick bowl of cereal, some yogurt, a banana and we're ready to go.

Mitzie
10-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Haven't been there yet...(8 days!!!!) but Boardwalk bakery also offers breakfast items and I think there is a coffee cart on the boardwalk as well. Both are close to Swan/Dolphin.

Suz36
10-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Joe's coffee stand on the Boardwalk also has some baked goods you can grab and go. The yogurt parfait at the Boardwalk Bakery was yummy!

lynnek
10-22-2010, 07:54 AM
...Another fun treat is to get a pastry or quiche in France the night before...

Ron, I like this idea!!!! I have an early appt at the Spa while the rest of my family is breakfasting. Having a piece of quiche before we leave the room will be perfect!!