PDA

View Full Version : New Canada Movie?

Jack Skellington
10-14-2010, 02:54 PM
I remember reading a while back that there was a new Canada movie. Is this true?

I confess that I tried searching the threads, but I didn't turn anything useful up. And so, I am asking the collective brain that is intercot.

JS:mickey:

sainter
10-14-2010, 03:30 PM
I am not going to be a lot of help regarding details, but it is true, the movie is new. I hadn't been to the old one in a long time, prior to seeing the new one in 2009 but I believe there are a some clips of the old one in it. Martin Short is the narrator and I thought it was informative, beautiful and entertaining!

AndyMan
10-14-2010, 03:47 PM
I am not going to be a lot of help regarding details, but it is true, the movie is new. I hadn't been to the old one in a long time, prior to seeing the new one in 2009 but I believe there are a some clips of the old one in it. Martin Short is the narrator and I thought it was informative, beautiful and entertaining!

A new movie debuted in 2009? I did not hear anything about it. Wouldn't they have promoted that there was a new movie?

Scar
10-14-2010, 03:56 PM
A new movie debuted in 2009? I did not hear anything about it. Wouldn't they have promoted that there was a new movie?It was 2007, so not totally new.

cather74
10-14-2010, 06:02 PM
It was great! My sister and I sang along with the song at the top of our lungs! We even made up our own french......strangely....no one noticed.:dance:

Daisy'sMom
10-14-2010, 06:15 PM
We have had a long standing joke about Canada. Years ago, when we were living in CT, everytime DH and I would go to WDW, we would forget to go to Canada. One year about a week after we were home, I received a post card of Canada with a message from DH telling me we forgot to go to the movie in Canada.
This continued for years. Last year we were there with our nieces and they begged to go to Canada. They loved Canada and call us all the time asking for items from Canada.
Thanks for bringing back a memory for us.:mickey:

faline
10-14-2010, 06:24 PM
The movie is not entirely new - more refreshed, than new. There are still many scenes from the prior version but the new incorporates Martin Short and some comedy.

ILoveLegos
10-14-2010, 06:43 PM
In the revised edition, the Canada song (Canada, My Canada) is now sung by the winner of Canada's version of American Idol. It's not not a man/woman duet anymore - sadly. I miss their odd "French accents" - the new version is more heartfelt and probably better pronounced - but doen't touch my "ear" like the original version did. Glad I've got the original on my Ipod!

HoosierDisneyFan
10-14-2010, 09:05 PM
I like the addition of Martin Short (especially his old hockey footage!!).

MagicalGuest
10-15-2010, 08:29 AM
I think this is one of the better movies in World Showcase. Martin Short is a riot. The comedy incorporated into the revised film helped to hold even my kids' interest.

KylesMom
10-15-2010, 11:43 AM
We saw the movie for the first time this summer - and were pleasantly surprised and entertained by the show. It's something that we'll definitely see again in the future. :mickey:

PlutoPlanet
10-15-2010, 12:10 PM
The new Canada movie is indeed an improvement.

DunkieKong
10-16-2010, 11:27 PM
I can't stand martin short, but he is actually pretty funny in this movie. I think it is a total improvement on the old film.

sainter
10-18-2010, 12:34 AM
A new movie debuted in 2009? I did not hear anything about it. Wouldn't they have promoted that there was a new movie?

Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound as though the movie was new in 2009. It was 2009 when I saw it for the first time. It was new to me then.

NYCJoshua
10-19-2010, 06:17 PM
There are a couple of things that I miss from the original movie:

I miss the original Canada, My Canada song.

I miss the woman saying Montreal like a person from Quebec. I was annoyed with Martin Short's anglicized version of it.

Laughin' place
10-20-2010, 09:45 PM
Many knocked the original song as dated and 80's-ish (as tho that were a BAD thing).
I prefer the original songs, it is one if my Disney favorites.

Horizon One
10-22-2010, 12:55 PM
I used to avoid the Canada pavillion because I didn't enjoy the movie at all. The last two times I have been there I have stayed for the movie.
It is a better movie than before and was a better representation of Canada than the other one was.
Martin Short makes the movie much more entertaining.:mickey:

Jack Skellington
10-25-2010, 02:26 PM
We watched it and really enjoyed the new movie. Martin Short really did a good job.

It is an improvement in many ways.

I still like the old one as well.

JS:mickey:

disneymom2000
11-01-2010, 09:51 PM
I am excited about seeing this new movie. I can't wait for them to upgrade the movie in the France pavalion now.

Gator
11-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Well, old or new, my wife just can't handle the circle vision. She starts getting sick with seconds of watching that film.

PinKy
11-03-2010, 02:32 PM
:thumbsup:

Another thumbs up for the new movie! Or the "refreshed" movie - or whatever we're calling it. I really like the addition of Martin Short and it does seem much more "modern". As for the song - its good - I mean, I dunno - they change up the songs around WDW regularly to fit the times and well - American (or I should say Canadian in this case) Idol certainly fits the times! :-D DH actually put the older Canadian song on our Ipod playlist when both of our children were born (baby #3 has not yet arrived) to try to distract me from the stress. We just find it hysterical to imagine them singing for some reason. LOL

GoBlueLacheta
11-04-2010, 05:41 PM
I heard it's littered with igloos :secret: