PDA

View Full Version : Is Disney a Hot Zone?

Insanity Clause
10-14-2010, 01:00 PM
Hi, my husband and I have the iTouch which is like the iphone but without the phone. Anyway, there is a real time Disney app we can get for the itouch but it will only work for us if Disney has wifi. The app lets you know wait times in lines and things like that. Does anyone know if Disney is hot?

Ian
10-14-2010, 01:17 PM
No wifi is available in the theme parks.

SBETigg
10-14-2010, 03:47 PM
If it's any consolation, I find the app to be fairly unreliable, with wait times often being way off.

SorcererJim
10-14-2010, 05:20 PM
If it's any consolation, I find the app to be fairly unreliable, with wait times often being way off.

Do you find it off of what is POSTED on the sign, or your actual experience in line? dont forget the sign is reactionary... how long it DID take to go through the line (you know, those little red cards you are asked to bring to the front). :mickey:

SBETigg
10-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Do you find it off of what is POSTED on the sign, or your actual experience in line? dont forget the sign is reactionary... how long it DID take to go through the line (you know, those little red cards you are asked to bring to the front). :mickey:

Jim, I found it off on both counts. It's hard to nail wait time down for an app like that because what is on the sign or on the app is often not the actual line experience-- wait times are always in flux. But in general, the app was off on all counts about 50 % of the time. It even seemed like maybe people were sending in egregiously wrong information deliberately to influence wait times one way or another. They were off enough to be suspect on many occasions. Halfway through the trip, we stopped relying on the app and ended up much happier for it. The app is a great idea, but unfortunately just does not hold up in execution according to my findings.