PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans -tips/suggestions?

minnie-mouse
10-14-2010, 10:50 AM
What can everyone tell me about staying at Port Orleans? Any tips or suggestions for someone staying there with small children?

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-14-2010, 12:04 PM
PO Riverside and PO French Quarter are with in walking distance of each other, probably a 10-15 minute leisurely stroll, or less. As both pool areas are somewhat themed differently, don't be afraid to use both pool area, the kids might like that.

My favorite "perk" for being at Port Orleans (doesn't matter which of the two resorts) is the boat ride to/from PO to Downtown Disney. It's very relaxing, scenic and a nice alternative to always taking the buses. I think it's about a 20-25 ride one way.

Beignets of course are a must at the French Quarter.

I think, at least at Riverside, they have cane pole fishing you can rent and do, or do surrey bikes or event rent boats. So there are plenty of resort options that you can do whether you are staying at POR or POFQ.

We'll be at POR end of November, can hardly wait for check in.:thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
10-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Get a building close to the main area....for those you may have to pay for a "preferred" room, but it's WELL worth it !! (not sure if they are charging for that yet) The boat to DtD is very fun and a relaxing float. Depending on Riverside or FQ you'll have a vast array of pool selections ... it's the best mod at Disney, so have fun !! :thumbsup:

Hull-onian
10-14-2010, 01:29 PM
We stay in building Five if we can get it. We try for the first floor poolside. It saves the most walking. It is close to the lobby, food court, and busses. There is a short cut to the busses. Upon exiting the resort, if you on the right hand side of the food court, there is a cut through, and it saves a lot of extra walking. It is a small resort, that is why we like it. Have fun on your trip.....