PDA

View Full Version : Enough Already Trip Report Day 11

Cinderelley
10-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Cast of Characters
Me, 39 & Disney World Lover
Dave, 34 & a now well-educated newbie

Oct 9.

We were up early. We stashed our luggage with bell services. They even put the schoolbread in the refrigerator for us. :D

We had an 8:15 reservation for breakfast with Pooh. First Piglet came by. He snuck up on Dave who had his back to him. It was pretty funny. Then Tigger bounced by, and Pooh came looking for some honey. As Pooh left, Dave quietly said "Eeyore was always my favorite." I hadn't told him that Eeyore was the last character to come by. Lol. Once Eeyore got to our table, Dave's "tough guy" demeanor changed and he leaned in for a hug. :D Kristin was our waitress at Crystal Palace, and she was excellent. :thumbsup: As we were paying, she asked to make sure that we had gotten to see all the characters.

With full tummies, we were able to conquer the Spanish Maine. Then Dave looked for plunder in the gift shop to take back to his family and friends. We found our laughing place, and wet behinds, before heading on the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!
Dave declined another ride on Space Mountain, so we squared off to beat Emperor Zurg. Dave won this time. We did some shopping on Main Street, where I picked up a Mickey hat for a friend's son back home and unsuccessfully tried to find a Tshirt for another friend. She had seen a particular one on the internet, but I was unable to find it throughout the trip even though a few cast members tried to help me.

We had an hour left to kill before we needed to head back for our magical express bus. So, I asked Dave if he was up for another round on Big Thunder. "Are you?" was his reply. As if he had to ask. :silly: On our way, we fought off the pirates once again. When we arrived at Big Thunder, the cast member said "Welcome back." It was a nice touch that she remembered us. Dave dragged me out of the park kicking and screaming like a 4 year old. Well, not really, but that is what I felt like I wanted to do.

We got to Port Orleans around noon. Our DME pick up was for 12:30. I went into the gift shop and bought a shirt with the $50 gift card I got for going to the dvc presentation. Dave went to the food court and got two pepperoni pizza for us to eat on the way home. We still had plenty of dining credits left over. I was done first, so I obtained our bags and waited for the dme bus out front. Dave arrived just as the bus was boarding.

It was a Mears bus, and the driver said that Disney was so busy that weekend, they had to bring in extra buses. We didn't get the goodbye video, since it wasn't a normal bus. The driver was hilarious though and made the long ride seem short. Our flight was on time the whole way and much smoother than the flight out there. Yay! It was nice to have one last piece of Disney when we ate our pizzas, but it was also great to be home when we got there.

Cinderelley
10-13-2010, 10:42 PM
Cast of Characters
Me, 39 & Disney World Lover
Dave, 34 & a now well-educated newbie

I've brought many friends with me for their first trip to Walt Disney World, and it has always been fun. This time was a whole lot different though. My other friends were part of the nursing staff at work and think like I do. Dave is an engineer at work, and his mind works a lot different. He noticed things that none of us had even thought to look at. When we were on the Great Movie Ride in the Wizard of Oz scene, he said "They need to finish this ceiling." He noticed the empty buildings of Pleasure Island and even that one of the cars was missing in the store where you build your own rc car. (One of the circles was empty). He knew why our car didn't spin on our first ride on Primeval Whirl and adjusted the seating so that it did on our second ride. He became the master hidden mickey finder once I showed him the first one and explained the ways they kept the animals at Animal Kingdom separated to me. I had always thought the different tours might ruin the magic for me, but it was fun to have him explain to me how everything was working.

We have a new program at work called the Starfish Initiative. It is designed to provide better customer service to our patients. Dave had multiple comments on how great the cast members were with helping people and acknowledging their special celebrations. At one point he wondered if our CEO had come to DisneyWorld and gotten the idea. Lol. I did notice better customer service than our last visit - whether it was because it was better, he had his birthday pin on or because he was pointing it out, I don't know.

Port Orleans was a beautiful resort. For me Pop Century still beats it though. It is all the little details that did it. I haven't had to deal with spiders at Pop Century. I liked having the extra trash cans in the room and the notepad on the table to jot things down on at Pop Century. Additionally, I really love having just one bus stop for the whole resort. I really like Pop Century's food court better than Animal Kingdom Lodge's food court. I am inclined to think that Pop Century will always be my preferred resort, but Port Orleans Riverside is a close second. The French Quarter food court kind've freaked me out with those giant masks staring down at you. I went there to get beignets once. I couldn't eat with them watching me.

I will definitely be skipping the Luau from now on. I will probably have to go back to Hoop Dee Doo again though, since it is quite popular with the gang. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party will be getting a rest too. The Haunted Carriage ride was more enjoyable, and our driver told us they would be moving it to a different place next year making it all new to me if I do it again. Other continued must dos are the Fantasmic Dinner Package and following Intercot's guide on which day to go to which park. :thumbsup:

While I was gone, my best friend from high school informed me that her 2 year old daughter was hospitalized with new onset diabetes. Additionally, my daughter has to have a procedure done on her heart which will keep us from our December trip that I had planned for this year. So, I am planning on taking my friend and her family along with us in Dec, 2011. They have never gone to Walt Disney World before and are very excited. A new party (MVMCP), a new resort (I am contemplating Old Key West, Coronado Springs or All Star Music), a new planning buddy (Jacqui, my friend from high school) and new adventures to plan with a 3 year old (Abby) along will keep me thinking Disney until then. :number1:

retiredfigment
10-14-2010, 07:06 AM
Cinderella - Thank you so much for your wonderful postings. Leaving tomorrow for our magical trip and over the last few days of reading you have made me feel as if I am already there! You should write books!! One question though. When I opened the first posting I was hesitant since it was titled 'enough already'. I thought it might be a negative posting. Yours were anything but. Why enough already? I certainly wished there was more to read everyday;)

VWL Mom
10-14-2010, 07:31 AM
I was wondering what "enough already" meant too. I thought you were done with Disney but see you are already planning your return trip. :confused:

I have enjoyed all your posts, thanks for sharing your trip with us. :mickey:

Sending some pixie dust that all goes well for your daughter and your friend's daughter.
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

RedSoxFan
10-14-2010, 07:57 AM
You got a lot done on your last morning. I enjoyed your trip reports. Great vacation. Best wishes to your daughter and friend's daughter.:mickey:

faline
10-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Thanks for taking us along on your trip. I've enjoyed reading your reports! :mickey:

Joannelet
10-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Your reports have been nothing but GREAT and left me wanting more! :)
What a great last day!
You are a great writer!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the reports...we actually enjoyed the All Stars Resorts more than Pop, also we enjoyed Coronado Springs but it has multiple bus stops too

KylesMom
10-14-2010, 02:00 PM
What a wonderful Disney travel companion Dave made for you! Your trip reports were great, Cinderelly - thanks for taking the time to share your memories with us. Have fun planning the 12/11 trip - what a special time with friends & family! :mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the recap! Loved reading your reports. :thumbsup:

Suz36
10-14-2010, 02:16 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I've really enjoyed reading your reports!

2MuchWDFun
10-14-2010, 03:02 PM
Really enjoyed your trip reports...I also appreciated how you appreciated Dave's perspective. It's nice to see WDW through other people's eyes.

Thanks again,
Nancy

Cinderelley
10-15-2010, 12:22 AM
I was wondering what "enough already" meant too. I thought you were done with Disney but see you are already planning your return trip. :confused:

I have enjoyed all your posts, thanks for sharing your trip with us. :mickey:

Sending some pixie dust that all goes well for your daughter and your friend's daughter.
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Sorry. The "enough already" part was explained in my pre-trip report. It has been a very stressful year. I had had enough stress, so we went on vacation.

Cinderelley
10-15-2010, 12:22 AM
Cinderella - Thank you so much for your wonderful postings. Leaving tomorrow for our magical trip and over the last few days of reading you have made me feel as if I am already there! You should write books!! One question though. When I opened the first posting I was hesitant since it was titled 'enough already'. I thought it might be a negative posting. Yours were anything but. Why enough already? I certainly wished there was more to read everyday;)

I hope you have a great trip!

Cinderelley
10-15-2010, 12:26 AM
Thanks to everyone for reading my trip report, the compliments, and the well wishes for our daughters. I always have fun writing the trip reports. I'll be sure to do one again next year. ;)

darthmacho
10-18-2010, 03:57 PM
I agree that you wrote well, and achieved a unique perspective with your report. Glad you had a great time, and I'm sorry about your need to change your December plans. Hope to hear about another one of your trips very soon.

Good luck, and I'm glad you enjoyed POR, even if it did not turn out to be as good for you as Pop. I know how you feel, since I'll always be partial to Wilderness Lodge.

Good luck and added well wishes for the children. :mickey:

Cinderelley
10-19-2010, 05:24 AM
I agree that you wrote well, and achieved a unique perspective with your report. Glad you had a great time, and I'm sorry about your need to change your December plans. Hope to hear about another one of your trips very soon.

Good luck, and I'm glad you enjoyed POR, even if it did not turn out to be as good for you as Pop. I know how you feel, since I'll always be partial to Wilderness Lodge.

Good luck and added well wishes for the children. :mickey:

I still need to stay at Wilderness Lodge. Any recommendations on a good area/room?

DizNee143
10-19-2010, 12:09 PM
your last few hours in the world seemed very enjoyable..you guys did manage to squeeze a good amount in before you had to say goodbye..
thank you for sharing your trip with us..i really enjoyed reading about it..:mickey:

A Mouse Fan
10-19-2010, 03:41 PM
I really enjoyed reading your trip reports! Sounds like you turned him into a real Disney addict (good job :thumbsup:).
Thank you for sharing your trip with us! I leave in 8 days for WDW and can't wait!

Mousefever
10-20-2010, 04:16 AM
The French Quarter food court kind've freaked me out with those giant masks staring down at you. I went there to get beignets once. I couldn't eat with them watching me.

That's too funny! I've really enjoyed reading your reports. I'm so glad that Dave enjoyed his trip with you! I bet he'd love the Imagineering Field Guides to MK, Epcot, DHS, and AK. Christmas present perhaps? Thanks for sharing!

Amy

pdrlkr
10-23-2010, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: