PDA

View Full Version : The Fantasyland remodel.

bopeepfan
10-13-2010, 07:38 PM
Does anyone know when the fantasy remodel will be done? I was just in Disney in September and saw pictures od the diffrent ideas and it got me excited to see it when it it done.

Strmchsr
10-13-2010, 08:36 PM
First they have to figure out where they're actually going to do since they've done away with Pixie Hollow and changed some of the other original concepts. The first phase will be done 2012, but the second phase is completely up in the air right now, both in terms of what they'll do and when it'll be done.

Emsparents
10-13-2010, 09:08 PM
We just got back from WDW and in riding the Dumbo ride, you can see over the fences and get a pretty good look at the work that is being done. Not sure what changes they have made to the original plans, but they have a lot of work left to do.

Kenny1113
10-13-2010, 09:31 PM
While there I saw posters on the walls for a beauty and beast resturaunt and a little mermaid themed resturaunt (I think I remember that correctly). A CM had told us about princesses meet and greet tents as well.

Not sure if this is old news, it was new to me. (I have boys, not really into the princess thing) :blush:

Strmchsr
10-14-2010, 08:40 AM
While there I saw posters on the walls for a beauty and beast resturaunt and a little mermaid themed resturaunt (I think I remember that correctly)

Yeah, it was all announced over a year ago now. It's a Beauty and the Beast restaurant and a Little Mermaid ride (which looks pretty good, not just a "girly" thing). We know those things are coming and it seems that ToonTown will be redone as a Dumbo's circus area, but other than that, we don't know what they'll end up doing.

Scar
10-14-2010, 10:13 AM
We just got back from WDW and in riding the Dumbo ride, you can see over the fences and get a pretty good look at the work that is being done.Hmm... I had pretty much expected to never ride Dumbo in my life, but now you have me thinking.

Strmchsr
10-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Hmm... I had pretty much expected to never ride Dumbo in my life, but now you have me thinking.

Well, Jeff, if you really want to see it without waiting in line for Dumbo, you can always do a search for "Fantasyland Expansion update". There are several folks who do ride Dumbo then post the pics on a weekly basis.

Scar
10-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Thanks Brother. I love watching work. Doing it on the other hand... not so much.:D

Gator
10-14-2010, 12:05 PM
I hope some of it is cleaned up and updated by my trip in late January. As long as they keep Goofy's Barnstormer operational until I leave, my kids will be happy.

Strmchsr
10-14-2010, 01:21 PM
I hope some of it is cleaned up and updated by my trip in late January. As long as they keep Goofy's Barnstormer operational until I leave, my kids will be happy.

There's no announcement on when ToonTown will go down. Rumors keep saying every month, but nothing confirmed yet. However, I would have your kids prepared that Barnstormer might not be there and then just be happy if it is. The latest rumors have ToonTown down early in January, but that's definitely not confirmed.

Kenny1113
10-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Yeah, it was all announced over a year ago now. It's a Beauty and the Beast restaurant and a Little Mermaid ride (which looks pretty good, not just a "girly" thing). We know those things are coming and it seems that ToonTown will be redone as a Dumbo's circus area, but other than that, we don't know what they'll end up doing.

Thanks for the clarification, I figured I was out of the loop.
Yep still too girly for my DSs. Much to my dismay, They call Ariel (in regards to philharmagic) the "girl with red hair and green fish tail". We own her movie! :mickey:

Strmchsr
10-14-2010, 05:32 PM
Yep still too girly for my DSs.

The whole reason the FLE is up in the air right now is the new guy in charge of WDW also thought the new plans were "two girly" and we wanted to use the money to appeal to a wider demographic. Having 2 sons as well, I'm glad to hear that, but I'm ready for an official announcement as to what they'll do instead of just rumors.