PDA

View Full Version : We have dining reservations but

sydzach
10-13-2010, 12:36 PM
My wife's sister, her husband and their son do not. My wife is hoping that one of our dinner's, they can join us at the same restaurant at the same time. I am thinking, not very likely and have tried to tell her that but wondering what you all have to say. We will be at the parks November 20-24th, although the other party will be leaving I believe on the 22nd or 23rd. SO, what is the deal with walk ups getting seated or do you have to make a reservation to have a shot-or maybe it depends on the restaurant?? Any feedback would be helpful. We are a party of 5-MIL and then my family of 4. Of course the other party is 3.

whitney37354
10-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Even if they could get a walk-up, they might be seated across the restaurant from you. If you want to sit together, you would need to be on one reservation together. Even then, they tell you that you might be seated at different tables. I would assume that those tables would be next to each other, but I'm not sure.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-13-2010, 12:55 PM
If you want to eat together, you need to make 1 big ADR for everyone.

Even if you're on the DDP, and they aren't, you can be together for the ADR, and then let the server know how you're paying.

Any other way is just too risky. Even if there is room as a walk-up, there is no guarantee that the tables will even be close together.

MOJoe
10-13-2010, 01:04 PM
I may be way off base, but since you are a party of 5, it may not be a big problem adding 3 more to your group. I would try changing a reservation first, and if that didn't work, then just show up and ask if getting a table for 8 would be possible. Some places can accomodate 8 just as easily as 5, (the Biergarden for example), so it also depends on which restaurant you decide on. Doesn't hurt to try. Good Luck.

Strmchsr
10-13-2010, 01:10 PM
I may be way off base, but since you are a party of 5, it may not be a big problem adding 3 more to your group.

It actually is a big deal, at least at the popular places. They have very strict regulations (fire code) on how many guests they can have in at one time so the chances of walking up and adding someone at those places is pretty slim. Especially at that time of the year. Some places that aren't as popular it might be possible, but still not likely for such a large party.

Ms. Mode
10-13-2010, 01:14 PM
I agree that it is a big deal with the number off people on an ADR, however, you should call (after Thursday cause the systems down) and try to get it changed. Who knows, you might get lucky. :mickey:

Gator
10-13-2010, 03:26 PM
I had that same thing happen on my last trip and this upcoming trip. I had to call/go online and rebook my reservation for more people. I did it far enough in advance that I was able to get the same places, but with a little less convenient time.

That may not be possible in your case. If being together is a lot more important than where you eat, go online and see what's available for those days and book it for the larger group. Otherwise, don't count on being there at the same time, much less the same table.

diz_girl
10-13-2010, 04:39 PM
There's no free dining that week, so that can work in your favor. But it's Thanksgiving week, which doesn't.

Try adding the 3 to your existing reservation first. If you do this over the phone, make sure that the CM does NOT cancel your existing reservation before trying to add the 3. Get the reservation for 8 first, then cancel your reservation for 5.

Also, does it matter where you eat? A great restaurant that usually has open tables is the GF Cafe. The Christmas decordations maybe up by then, so you can enjoy them too. Marrakesh in Morroco in EPCOT WS also usually has space. The food is good and the bellydancer and band make for a unique dining experience.

Carolanne
10-13-2010, 05:45 PM
Try adding the 3 to your existing reservation first. If you do this over the phone, make sure that the CM does NOT cancel your existing reservation before trying to add the 3. Get the reservation for 8 first, then cancel your reservation for 5.

This is exactly what I was going to say. Definitely try to get the ADR for 8 first, and if successful then cancel the ADR for 5. Good luck!

Jared
10-13-2010, 06:17 PM
In my experience, Disney tries to accommodate unannounced dinner guests, but I never needed to add more than one extra person. Going from a party of five to eight requires significant finagling, and I would not expect to sit together, especially at a popular destination.

Perhaps start looking for available reservations for eight? I have secured great ADRs much closer to my trip than in your situation!