PDA

View Full Version : Adding person to reservation

clausjo
10-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Hi, everyone! I've scheduled a trip for this February for me and my DD to take our first ever mommy and me trip to the World. :woohoo: As we are moving from Ft. Lauderdale to Denver in a few weeks, this will be my first time ever flying to Disney and I'm really excited about it. Because we don't know my husband's new work schedule yet, there's a chance he may need to work while we're gone in the evenings and/or over the weekend. If he does need to work and I end up needing to take my son along, how difficult is it to add him to our reservations? We're annual passholders so tickets aren't an issue, but the dining plan is. Thanks everyone!

Strmchsr
10-13-2010, 10:30 AM
If you're talking about adding your son instead of your husband, it's not a big deal on dining reservations. As long as you have the same number of people it's fine. Not sure about the room and DDP tickets, though, transferring from your DH to DS. I feel like it should be no big deal, but not positive.

clausjo
10-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear :blush:. I would need to add my son to a reservation that is just me and my daughter, so we'd be going from 2 people to 3 on everything. Husband isn't going at all and, if all works as planned, neither will son.

Strmchsr
10-13-2010, 10:56 AM
I see what you're asking now. I think you would have to add him at least 10 days in advance to be able to get the DDP. I don't know the ends and outs of adding the DDP with an AP, though. I know the DDP only comes with the MYW package, so you might have a different scenario. Maybe contact Magical Journeys to see if they can give you some definitive information.

On your ADRs, if there's even a possibility of having 3, make your ADR for 3. It's much easier to have 3 and show up with 2 than it is to have 2 and show up with 3. The latter scenario might make it where you can't get in if the place is full. Due to fire code, they can't add folks onto an ADR unless they don't have a full restaurant.

Gator
10-13-2010, 03:29 PM
As far as ADRs go, I'd go ahead and book for three people on each reservation. If he comes, you're in good shape. If he doesn't, the restaurant now has an open seat that they may be able to use for walk ups.

Jared
10-13-2010, 06:26 PM
As far as ADRs go, I'd go ahead and book for three people on each reservation. If he comes, you're in good shape. If he doesn't, the restaurant now has an open seat that they may be able to use for walk ups.
I agree. It's usually easier for the podium to subtract a diner than add. Two-tops are rare at most Disney restaurants, so parties of two often sit at larger tables.

phlo8810
10-13-2010, 07:47 PM
I have the same problem. We need to change from a party of 8 to 9 for six of our adr's. We only got 2. Problem is when I called to add her on instead of just changing the party size they search for a table of the new size. So they look for a table of 9 then if it's there they cancel your original party. If it's not available your out of luck. However the CM did say to just show up with her and they will not turn us away but may have to wait a little longer. Still baffles me that they can't add 1 child to an existing reservation.

Strmchsr
10-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Still baffles me that they can't add 1 child to an existing reservation.

It goes to the "what if everyone did it" principle. If 1 group shows up and tries to add 1 person, no big deal. But if 15 groups show up and try to do that, you have a problem. And how do you decide which to allow and which not to? You can't. So, they actually do sometimes turn people away at the busiest places (like Chef Mickey's and Le Cellier) because they are at fire code limits and can't add another person. The CM who said they "won't" turn you away is incorrect. Most of the time they don't, but I've seen it happen.

RedSoxFan
10-13-2010, 08:46 PM
I had to change all my ADR's from 3 to 4 people as we are taking our niece. The CM said I could not show up with an extra person because of the fire code. I managed to change all my ADR's on line. Some of the times were different as well as restaurants. Even managed to get LeCellier (DH wants to eat there). So it all worked out fine in the end!!

phlo8810
10-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Never thought about fire codes. I can understand them turning us away or making us wait longer because of that. The thing that I don't get is 1 or 2 months beforehand if I call and try to add the one person they can't just change the table size. I mean these are adr's that r made 6 months ahead of thine because they are so popular there's no way that they will find us a table this close to the trip.

KAT1811
10-18-2010, 02:26 PM
On your ADRs, if there's even a possibility of having 3, make your ADR for 3. It's much easier to have 3 and show up with 2 than it is to have 2 and show up with 3. The latter scenario might make it where you can't get in if the place is full. Due to fire code, they can't add folks onto an ADR unless they don't have a full restaurant.
:ditto:

On our last trip my grandparents decided to join us last minute. We went from a party of 10 to a party of 12. When I called a few of the restaurants couldn't find anything searching the system for a whole new party of 12 (I still think it's crazy that they cannot modify an ADR) We decided to take a chance fully aware that we may be turned away and willing to eat elsewhere if need be. When we checked in we were fine. 'Ohana had no trouble fitting us in. I cannot recall the other restaurant.

#1donaldfan
10-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Don't worry at all about it.....my sister had ressies for dinner every single night for her family, our mother decided to join her (last minute) on the trip and took our DD with her (DD got two trips within a month of each other)....anyway she had the ressies, didn't change them and when they showed up for dinner each night, the two add ons were no problem at all....the trip was in August !! :mickey:

elmjimmlm
10-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Don't worry at all about it.....my sister had ressies for dinner every single night for her family, our mother decided to join her (last minute) on the trip and took our DD with her (DD got two trips within a month of each other)....anyway she had the ressies, didn't change them and when they showed up for dinner each night, the two add ons were no problem at all....the trip was in August !! :mickey:

Yes, I am the sister!

I had no problem getting them in all week...We had Coral Reef, Yak and Yeti, Boma and Tonys...No problem and no wait getting our table...I am just glad that it worked out so well...:thumbsup:

clausjo
10-21-2010, 05:08 PM
I was able to change all of our ADRs to 3 people just in case. I'd hate to end up not being able to eat where we want because we have my son with us. Once again, thanks for all the great advice! :rocks: