PDA

View Full Version : Enough Already Trip Report Day 9

Cinderelley
10-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Cast of Characters -
Me, 39 & Walt Disney World Lover
Dave, 34 - First visit

Oct. 7

We started off the day with a dvc presentation. I had been thinking about buying into dvc since our last trip and wanted some more information. Although it was tempting, it just wasn't what I was wanted. They dropped us off at Animal Kingdom Lodge at my request. My best friend from high school's 2 year old daughter developed diabetes while I was on vacation, and I wanted to bring them to Walt Disney World next year. I was thinking about staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge with them. I have visited there before, but never stayed there. We were hungry, so we dropped into the food court. There was only one line that went on forever. :( During our DVC presentation, the cast member had asked me where my favorite place to stay was. Her jaw dropped to the floor when I told her Pop Century. It was pretty funny. While standing in line to get our food, I told Dave that this long of a line with only one station open would never happen at Pop Century.

We hopped a bus to Downtown Disney and did some shopping. At one point Dave declared that he was all shopped out, so I promptly took him into another store. :D Then we hopped the correct boat back to Port Orleans. Back at the hotel room, we took a nap. We woke up late afternoon and got ready for DHS.

From day one of our very first trip to Disney World, I have followed Intercot's advice, especially regarding which parks to visit on which day. This was the first time I have ever deviated from that and was I ever shocked. We arrived at DHS around 5:30 pm, and there was a huge influx of people with us. We headed to Tattoine Traders (the reason Dave wanted to come back) where he bought a Boba Fett mask and a StormTrooper penny bank.

Once again we wandered the Streets of America looking for a Photopass Photographer but none could be found. Dave pointed out that a lot of areas were roped off. I assumed it was due to the Christmas lights that they were putting up.
Dave once again stomped me on Toy Story Midway Mania, and we headed back to the Art of Animation to see if Jafar was there. He wasn't, but we took the "what character are you?" quiz. I was Tinkerbell, and he was Jafar. I guess I had plenty of pictures taken with Jafar after all. Lol.
went to eat near Tower of Terror and found the regular line for Fantasmic. (I had always used the Fantasmic Dinner Package suggested by intercot.) :eek: Dave started calling it the Masstasmic. The wait time for Tower of Terror was 80 mins and Rockin Roller Coaster was 70 mins. We decided to go back to Toy Story Midway Mania. He beat me again, but not as badly. I was making progress. :thumbsup:
We spent a little time playing the "What do you want to do? I don't know. What do you want to do game?". We decided to go check the line for the second Fantasmic and found that the first show was getting out. We swam upstream for a while just to see that the line for the second show wasn't any better.
Dave used the restroom by Tower of Terror, and I noticed the AED on the wall by the restroom. Being an ER nurse, I could appreciate how that could come in handy right in that area. We decided to skip the Masstasmic, so the only thing left to do was Dave's final reservation in the 5th dimension.
I decided that I would give Tower of Terror a try. (Medical warning - I have consulted with my doctor about what I can and can't do, and he said I could try it and see how I do. I have just never wanted to deal with the possible consequences after riding it, so I never have. Make sure you consult with your doctor before riding it.) I am also afraid of heights, but Dave was awesome with me during the ride. I am glad I did it once, but that will be the only time.
We picked up a waffle cone ice cream by Rockin' Rollercoaster after I rested for a bit, and Dave went to pick up a couple of Tshirts that I liked in the Planet Hollywood store. Afterwards, we sat on a bench people watching. The bench was right across from Villains in Vogue, and Dave could not resist the lure of an Iron Man mask.
After his purchase, we headed out to the bus stop to beat the Masstasmic rush. We got there just in time as we could see Sorcerer Mickey triumphant on top of the mountain with the fireworks shooting out.
We went to sleep dreaming of the Food and Wine Festival the next day.

paulsheri
10-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Keeping us informed

faline
10-12-2010, 07:05 PM
I take it you decided against becoming a DVC owner?

You covered quite a lot of ground on this day.

RedSoxFan
10-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Great day. I loved how Dave was shopped out and you took him to another store. HAHA:mickey:

Joannelet
10-12-2010, 09:18 PM
That must have been sooo funny to see the DVC cast member's face when you said Pop Century.... :)
Glad you were okay riding ToT!!!

pdrlkr
10-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Cinderelley
10-13-2010, 05:39 AM
I take it you decided against becoming a DVC owner?

You covered quite a lot of ground on this day.

I did decide DVC wasn't for me. I didn't like how Disney limited you to only 500 exchange choices, and I wouldn't be able to use the points at Pop Century - which I love.

Great day. I loved how Dave was shopped out and you took him to another store. HAHA:mickey:

Even though I didn't have anything else to buy, I really couldn't resist. :D

That must have been sooo funny to see the DVC cast member's face when you said Pop Century.... :)
Glad you were okay riding ToT!!!

It was. She said "I see you've stayed at the Fort Wilderness Cabins, Pop Century, the Polynesian, and you're staying at Port Orleans now. Which one was your favorite?"
She really wasn't expecting "Pop Century".

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the report... I can't wait to hear about the food and wine fest!

Thanks for telling us about the Fantasmic line! I have to now plan better for Fantasmic on Monday!

Suz36
10-13-2010, 07:47 PM
How did you manage 2 rides on TSMM that late in the day? Especially if ToT and RNRC were sporting such long waits! Congrats on conquering ToT!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-14-2010, 12:10 PM
sounds like a good day

KylesMom
10-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Yes, DHS sure can get crazy on evenings when they show Fantasmic! I'm glad you made the most of your day & were still able to hit a few attractions before you headed out. Congrats on trying ToT - at least you now know what it's all about! :mickey:

darthmacho
10-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Wow! I've never gone to DHS for a second visit on any trip, but next time I'm hoping to go at least two days.

My DW won't ride ToT anymore either, and I'm not sure if DD2 will next time either. I consider you very brave for trying. :mickey:

DizNee143
10-19-2010, 11:59 AM
what a busy day!! you guys definitely did a decent amount of shopping! :mickey: