PDA

View Full Version : Enough Already Trip Report Day 8

Cinderelley
10-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Cast of Characters -
Me, 39 & Walt Disney World Lover
Dave, 34 - First visit

Oct. 6

I woke up this morning to Dave's announcement that he wanted to go back to DHS on Thurs. Hmm, time to rearrange some plans. We got up and hit Animal Kingdom today instead of doing it later. It meant I would once again miss AK evening EMH, but there's always next trip.

We were up and out of the room by 11:00. We set out on a safari, but it was cut short by some poachers. Dave and I giggled all the way through the safari as we remembered that all animals weigh 500 lbs and jump 45 feet in the air. We got to see baby giraffes, a baby elephant and baby warthogs!!! I was so excited. They were so cute that I wanted one of each one. Dave told me no each time though :( We were actually pretty lucky that our safari was cut a couple of weeks short, since we were starving.
We split a lunch at Pizzafari and headed to find out how tough it was to be a bug. We were almost attacked by the black widows, but we escaped to the pangani forest trail. Dave was fascinated with the gorillas. After watching them for about 15 mins., we hopped the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch. In the affection section, Dave became best friends with a goat named Willis. They were inseperable until we went inside to see what the vets were doing. After petting the snake, we headed to Dinoland. We survived the end of the world twice - once on Primeval Whirl and then again on Dinosaur. The dino institute time machine brought us back in time to park closing, so we out to the line for Port Orleans.

We grabbed our luau tickets and got to the luau about 15 mins before it started. I enjoyed the salad and pineapple, but the rest of the food was awful. They had changed the show a little bit too since the last time I had seen it. Overall, I found it very disappointing. Dave didn't like it too much either.

KylesMom
10-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Nice job of switching your days around to accommodate the newbie. Great day at AK - you guys did a lot of different stuff today.

Bummer about the Luau - from the responses here on INTERCOT, it's a real hit or miss. We were rained out a few years ago, so we've yet to try it. I'm sorry it was such a disappointment for you! :(

faline
10-12-2010, 07:08 PM
I wasn't terribly impressed the last time we did the luau but figured it might have been changed a bit since we were there on a very rainy night.

Fun time at Animal Kingdom! Those gorillas certainly are fascinating!

RedSoxFan
10-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Nice day at AK. :mickey:

Joannelet
10-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Good day at Animal Kingdom! :) Sorry the luau wasn't that great. I did it once and I thought it was so-so.

pdrlkr
10-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-13-2010, 03:37 PM
:thumbsup: for staying flexible!

We won't be doing the Luau again either! Gimme Ohana's over the Luau any day of the week and twice on sundays

Suz36
10-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Sorry you had to miss AK EMH - that's on my to-do list as well. But it was nice of you to be flexible!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Sorry about the Luau, I've heard some negative things lately sounds like change needs to be made

darthmacho
10-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Bummer about the Luau, especially since you're paying through the nose for it.

Change of plans? How dare he? :mickey:

I wish we had seen the baby warthogs! I LOVE bacon! :secret:

Cinderelley
10-19-2010, 05:19 AM
I wish we had seen the baby warthogs! I LOVE bacon! :secret:

I don't know if I should be :eek: or :laughing:.

DizNee143
10-19-2010, 11:09 AM
anothier nice day at AK..
ive been to the luau a few times now and im soo not a fan of it either..thank god the last 2 times i went i didnt pay for it! lol