PDA

View Full Version : Dinner Dress Code

jsdt
10-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Going on our first cruise in less than a week - a 3 night one. Finding conflicting information on dress code at dinner. Are guys required to wear a sport coat for one dinner? Also with regard to the pirate night - do you bring your own pirate gear or I assume you can purchase some on the ship. Any general thoughts on dining attire would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ed
10-12-2010, 08:53 AM
There is no requirement for sport coats for the gents. The only place I've seen it mentioned in DCL's literature and website is that a sport coat is "suggested" when dining at Palo, although dress shirts are adequate.

There is an optional "formal night" on the longer cruises, but again it is not a requirement.

I have always worn a nice pair of slacks and polo shirt to dinner; on the formal nights and at Palo I usually wear a suit and tie. But that's my personal choice.

The main thing is that they don't want guests coming to dinner in ratty jeans, tank tops, swimwear and that type of thing.

TammiMcMan
10-17-2010, 12:11 PM
3 night is strictly cruise casual in their rotational restaurants, so no need to worry about a suit jacket.

They used to give out pirate bandana's, not sure if they still do this. If you want to dress up more prirate like, then you'll probably want to bring things from home. You won't find much available on the ship.

baldburke
10-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Are nice jeans with a collared shirt acceptable for the guys?

Donald A
10-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Are nice jeans with a collared shirt acceptable for the guys?

Should be fine but I am not sure about Palo (ie, jeans)

Ed
10-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Should be fine but I am not sure about Palo (ie, jeans)

I have seen folks wearing jeans turned away from Palo. :nono:

TammiMcMan
10-19-2010, 05:26 PM
You won't be turned away from rotational dining with jeans, but DCL's description of cruise casual is more along the lines of docker type pants for men. Honestly, we all found it a nice opportunity to get a little dressed up and be part of the old world cruising theme that Disney tries to create.