PDA

View Full Version : BC Quick Service Dining

missymouseworld
10-11-2010, 07:32 PM
This is the first time staying at the Beach Club and my family was wondering what options are there for Quick Service Breakfast dining?

They are all use to staying at the POR and getting our breakfast at Riverside Mill Food Court for their bagels, waffles, eggs, fruit, COFFEE, etc.

I was looking online at the dining options at the Beach Club and wasn't sure if there was something similar there?

Disney Hungarian
10-11-2010, 08:24 PM
The CS options are very limited at BC. You have the market place and one outdoor venue by the pool. Just a short walk away is the Ale and Compass at the YC. That is were I took mom to get a bagel in the mornings. It is less crowded than the market place and was able to take her in the wheelchair.

Tinkerfreak
10-11-2010, 08:26 PM
If you walk around the boardwalk there is the Boarwalk Bakery that has some yummy stuff.

Mousemates
10-12-2010, 08:50 AM
My one complaint about the BC/YC is the lack of choices to sit down and eat a quick breakfast (without doing the whole breakfast buffet thing)...the market place is crowded and has limited options, and its a long (pleasant, but time-consuming) walk over to the boardwalk/swan/dolphin...so when we are at the BC/YC we usually either go to the Captains Grill (i think thats the name) at the Yacht club(thou this a pretty expensive option since its hard to get out without spending at least $15 a head), do breakfast in the room (i.e. cereal/granola bars) or in the parks.

Mousemates
10-12-2010, 08:57 AM
My one complaint about the BC/YC is the lack of choices to sit down and eat a quick breakfast (without doing the whole breakfast buffet thing)...the market place is crowded and has limited options, and its a long (pleasant, but time-consuming) walk over to the boardwalk/swan/dolphin...so when we are at the BC/yc we usually either go to the captains club at the YC (kind of pricey for everyday use), do breakfast in the room (i.e. cereal/granola bars) or in the parks.

missymouseworld
10-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks for information...I was afraid they wouldn't have a quick option that was convenient. Quite a few people have told me this, which is disappointing. We are not BIG breakfast people anyway, but I would like to be able to grab a bagel, fruit, cereal, coffee and not have it be a hassle to start the day. Does the Marketplace have a place to sit and eat or do you have to take it to your room?

MOJoe
10-12-2010, 02:55 PM
There are a few; very few, tables in the Marketplace. There are also some places to sit in the Solarium, which is right across the hall. I found having breakfast by the pool to be very nice, but watch out for hungry ducks.

BrerGnat
10-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Thanks for information...I was afraid they wouldn't have a quick option that was convenient. Quite a few people have told me this, which is disappointing. We are not BIG breakfast people anyway, but I would like to be able to grab a bagel, fruit, cereal, coffee and not have it be a hassle to start the day. Does the Marketplace have a place to sit and eat or do you have to take it to your room?

If you can get by on cereal, fruit, bagels, and coffee, you'll be fine at BC. The marketplace stocks quite a good selection of pantry items. You can easily buy a couple large boxes of cereal and some half gallons of milk to keep in your room. Eating in room is easy. We just use the glassware in the room as a "cereal bowl", or one time, we all bought a cheap plastic kid's bowl in the gift shop and used those all week. Plastic spoons, napkins, etc. are easy to get. They sell entire loaves of bread, packs of english muffins, bagels, etc. It's like a mini supermarket. In terms of fruit, they have fresh whole fruit as well as cut up fruit in the refrigerators (melons, strawberries, etc.). There is a coffee maker in every room. And, I find the coffee maker coffee to be much better than the Nescafe that you have to pay for.

If a couple of days, you get a hankering for a "hot" breakfast, there is Captain's Grill, which offers either a buffet (cheap, compared to Cape May) or a la carte dining.

missymouseworld
10-12-2010, 06:34 PM
If a couple of days, you get a hankering for a "hot" breakfast, there is Captain's Grill, which offers either a buffet (cheap, compared to Cape May) or a la carte dining.

I already have an ADR for one day at Captains Grille and one day at the Cape May Cafe for the breakfast buffet. The other days, we will be quick dining and it sounds like we will be good with what they have there.

However, I did see on Intercot under Info Central that Beaches and Cream has a breakfast menu from 7-11 am....is that true?