PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of online check in??

lawgirl
10-11-2010, 03:44 PM
I keep seeing the link for online check-in for the resorts. What are the benefits, other than saving some time? Do you get to request rooms when you check in online?

When do they assign rooms for those who check-in early? Do you have any chance of getting a better room this way?

Strmchsr
10-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Time is the only real benefit for online check-in. You cannot request specific rooms or areas other than near transportation, etc when doing online check-in. Specific rooms/buildings have to be requested on your reservation.

At first I thought doing online check-in might be better because the first time our room was ready at 8 am when we arrived. However, the second time we arrived at 8 our room wasn't ready until 3 pm, so no real advantage there, either.

Basically, online-check in saves you having to give all of your info to the CM and wait for them to punch it in. You should only have to walk up to the counter, take your folder, and head to you room. One bit of advice - if a specific room is important to you, or you think you might have changes/questions PLEASE don't use the online-check-in line. Use the regular line. They usually have fewer CMs working the online line because it's suppose to be give your folder and go, so when someone wants to make changes or ask questions that line backs up in a hurry.

greengeen
10-11-2010, 05:22 PM
No benefit to the guest. It just makes things easier for Disney.

Mousemates
10-11-2010, 09:16 PM
a bit quicker check-in is the only benefit I know of.

lawgirl
10-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Thanks everyone. I think we'll stick to the regular check-in.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-12-2010, 01:46 PM
We will too.

Last year we used online checkin for the Treehouse Villas and we got our requested villa. But, we had no need to wait in the regular checkin line.

This year however, we were on a waitlist to get our 2nd studio upgraded to a Savannah view. Unfortunately, we were unable to get it. So, we will try for our "waitlist" room when we check in.

AND WE'RE CHECKING IN ON SUNDAY!!! :cloud9:

Gator
10-12-2010, 03:44 PM
I was wondering about this myself. I'm thinking I should check-in online and then when I get to the lobby head, for the regular line if it's short.

Goofy4TheWorld
10-16-2010, 04:27 PM
I was wondering about this myself. I'm thinking I should check-in online and then when I get to the lobby head, for the regular line if it's short.

This is exactly what you should do.

When I checked into Pop this week, there was a family of 7 at the online check-in desk actually making a walk-in reservation! I stepped over to the regular line and let them hand me my folder. The guy at the regular desk apologized for the delay, saying they were not allow to turn people down if the come to the online desk, even if the have not checked in online.

The online desk actually waived me to the desk when I check into the Contemporary, even though I was not checked in online. Having the online desk is pointless, just pick the shortest line and go with it.

KAT1811
10-18-2010, 10:01 AM
a bit quicker check-in is the only benefit I know of.

As a family of 6 fast is good! Just give me my room key and I'm off. So long as the room in on property I'm not picky!!!