PDA

View Full Version : Our Summer Celebration, All Good Things...

darthmacho
10-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Date: August 24, 2010
Location: Port Orleans Riverside/Downtown Dinsey/Orlando International Airport/Home

The Cast:
DM: Me, Darth Macho, Celebrating Our 12th Anniversary. (Belatedly)
DW: Dear Wife, The Queen, Celebrating Our 12th Anniversary. (Belatedly)
DD1: Princess, 9yo, Celebrating 1st Visit (That she'll remember. She was just 2yo on her actual first visit.)
DD2: Princess, 6yo, Celebrating 1st Visit (She was born mysteriously 9 months after our last visit…)

Our Last Night

When I left off last time, it we were returning from our last hurrah in the Magic Kingdom, and
it was setting in that our trip was about to end. We were all very tired after nine days of fun and excitement, but I don't know if in our hearts we really were ready to leave for home the next day.

The kids wanted to swim in the pool one last time, so DW took them, and I decided to drown my sorrows at the pool par, only to find that it was already closed! I know it was a Monday, but why do they have to close the bar so darned early? It was only 8pm!

Instead, I opted to visit the River Roost, where I partook in a couple of "Captain" themed mixed drinks, lol, which were great. I would have stayed longer, but I didn't want my kids to see me staggering around WDW, so I limited myself to two. :marg:

I gathered the kids and we had one last snack at Riverside Mill before retiring to the room to pack for our departure.

We stayed up later than usual, but soon we drifted off to sleep.

The Last Day

I don't have a lot to say about our last day. It was overcast and raining the whole day, almost like the clouds were as meloncholoy as we were over our departure. On the bright side, it was considerably cooler, and not oppressive.

We got up, finished packing, and brought all of our luggage to the airport check-in, which was the last time we saw it until Boston. Everything went smoothly with check-out.

We spent the afternoon at Downtown Disney, and of course we had to take the bus because once again the boats weren't running due to lightning. We shopped for last minute souveniers, shirts, and pins.We had lunch at Earl of Sandwich, which was crowded, of course, because it had started to rain more heavily just after we entered. It was a decent place to eat, but the kids were a little fussy over the menu.

We got to see inside T-Rex, and decided we might try that next time. Looks really cool. I got a cute little Lego board game for the kids at the Lego store, and spent a good amount of time in World of Disney. It was a nice day, not too exciting, and a good way to end the trip.

We got to take the boat back, which was nice, and soon it was time to get on Magical Express. Everything went smoothly with this as well.

Our flight would wind up being delayed for over two hours due to inclement weather in Boston, and we got home well after midnight, but we endured it well, and had lots of memories in our head to mull over during our wait.

We got to our house around 1am and headed right off to bed. Unpacking could wait. At least most of our clothes were already clean!

I guess that's it! I apologize that it took so long to write this, but thanks to my need to include lots of details, it was difficult to find the necessary time to write it all. Thanks to everyone that followed allong and commented. :thumbsup:

It was a great trip, my favorite ever thanks to my two little princesses. I know they really appreciated all of it, and they were very good. I asked them if after all of my hype, it was as good as I had said, or better, and they emphatically stated "Better!", I knew that all the money spent was worth it. :mickey:

lynnek
10-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Thanks so much for your trip report! I really enjoyed reading it and gained quite a few useful points from the details you put in. You mentioned that you had wished you had booked the BBB for your daughter--mine is 10, kinda not so into the princess thing, but after reading your report, I went ahead and booked it. I think after seeing everyone there "done up", she will want to as well. She is out currently, looking for a Halloween costume to be a Geisha, so she could then use it for Disney as well. I found your observations very useful for a newbie!! Thanks again!

faline
10-11-2010, 12:57 PM
You and your family created some wonderful memories on your trip! Thanks for taking the time to share such terrific reports with us! :thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
10-11-2010, 08:09 PM
I really enjoyed all your trip reports. Such a nice magical vacation with your family.:mickey:

Melanie
10-11-2010, 08:18 PM
I asked them if after all of my hype, it was as good as I had said, or better, and they emphatically stated "Better!", I knew that all the money spent was worth it. :mickey:

Awwww! And that's what it's all about. :mickey:

Thanks for reporting Darth. I enjoyed your reports! Hopefully you'll stick around the boards even if your next trip is a few years away. ;)