PDA

View Full Version : grocery run using taxi service

dizne4me
10-11-2010, 06:18 AM
I was wondering if anyone has used a taxi service to make a grocery store run. I'm thinking I'll be leaving the store with about 5-6 bags of groceries.

Strmchsr
10-11-2010, 07:49 AM
I haven't but it's certainly possible. There's always plenty of taxis in front of the resorts. That said, you might come off a lot cheaper to use a grocery delivery service. There are 2-3 that deliver to the resorts.

hannahandkalebmom
10-11-2010, 08:32 AM
We used Garden Grocer in January and it worked out great. We told them what time we were getting to the resort and it was waitng for us when we checked in. The resort also kept our cold items in a refrigerator until we could get into our room.

princessjojo
10-11-2010, 08:54 AM
I haven't but it's certainly possible. There's always plenty of taxis in front of the resorts. That said, you might come off a lot cheaper to use a grocery delivery service. There are 2-3 that deliver to the resorts.
Do you know who other than Garden Grocer deliver? I've looked at their grocery list and there are some items/brands we would like or prefer that aren't listed.

Strmchsr
10-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Do you know who other than Garden Grocer deliver? I've looked at their grocery list and there are some items/brands we would like or prefer that aren't listed.

WeGoShop and Netgrocer are two, though I think Netgrocer only does non-perishable items. Goodings will also deliver with a $50 minimum.

DisneyDINK
10-11-2010, 09:57 AM
WeGoShop and Netgrocer are two, though I think Netgrocer only does non-perishable items. Goodings will also deliver with a $50 minimum.

I was just on the WeGoShop site and it is a bit confusing. It says they serve Disney World, but you can only order online if you are a local resident or a vacationer staying OUTSIDE of the Disney World Resorts. Do they not deliver on property? Maybe you have to phone in those orders? Anyone know?

I was going to try GardenGrocer this January, but if someone else had a larger selection I might try them. It looks like WeGoShop just goes to stores and does your shopping as opposed to another service with its own facilities.

I'll bet there's another thread somewhere that goes into this more thoroughly.

Strmchsr
10-11-2010, 02:39 PM
It looks like WeGoShop just goes to stores and does your shopping as opposed to another service with its own facilities.

That is correct. You give them the list and they doing the shopping for you. I thought they delivered to the Disney resorts, but I guess you would need to call and check with them.

CleveRocks
10-12-2010, 08:52 AM
I've gotten delivery three times from Gooding's. It's an independent local supermarket that also delivers. The website looks like it has only a limited selsection of items, but you can call them for anything else ... they deliver anything and everything they stock on their shelves except alcohol.

It will be cheaper to pay a grocery delivery fee thhan it will be to pay for a round-trip taxi. Plus, you don't have to use up any of your precious vacation time doing the shopping.

Mogie
10-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Yes we used it. It was 2 years ago, and if I remember correctly for an extra $10 we were able to stop on the way from the airport. We had a time limit...I want to say it was 20-30 min or so. Whatever it was it was more than enough time and was no bother to the driver. He even had the trunk open and ready and helped load the car.

BugeyedMuggy
10-14-2010, 09:47 AM
If you take a taxi won't they charge you while your in the store also. I would think that could get quite pricey.

KAT1811
10-18-2010, 03:45 PM
We used Garden Grocer in January and it worked out great. We told them what time we were getting to the resort and it was waitng for us when we checked in. The resort also kept our cold items in a refrigerator until we could get into our room.

We loved Garden Grocer. They were fabulous! All of our groceries were kept cold until we arrived and then bell services brought them right up. Great service. Is there any way you can compromise on some of the brand names you are looking for?