PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Recommendations Between Houston And WDW.

CinderAriel
10-11-2010, 01:23 AM
I'm looking for recommendations of hotels to stay when making the drive from the Houston area. We are thinking that we will stop somewhere between Pensacola and Tallahassee, depending on how tired we all are and how the kids are behaving. We prefer a room with inside corridors, a pool, clean, safe, and affordable. Any recommendations, or places to avoid, based on your experiences?

Thank you!

buzznwoodysmom
10-11-2010, 09:18 AM
In the past we have found Hampton Inns to be great. Always clean rooms and lobby, nice free breakfast in the lobby, and many have really nice pools and hot tubs.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-11-2010, 09:47 AM
I agree, we've had a number of great stays at Hampton Inn...and DH likes their free hot breakfast.

Mousemates
10-11-2010, 09:14 PM
it might help to know the areas you plan on stopping if you are wanting answers more specific than just a chain...however, if its simply a chain you want Hamptons do generally turn out to be a good stay...as do Holiday Inn Express(s) (thou in our limited experiences they do tend to be a bit more expensive).

CinderAriel
10-12-2010, 02:12 AM
We have a plan A and plan B for when/where we will stop on our way to DW. Plan A is in Pensacola. If we are able and can go a little further, we will stay in Tallahassee for the night (plan B). I was wandering if anyone traveling through these cities had recommendations on where they have stayed in the past. I'm also looking for advice on any experiences of where NOT to stay due to bad experiences.

I appreciate all of your responses, thank you.

A Big Kid
10-12-2010, 05:46 AM
We drive from Houston sometimes. It is a very long drive to be sure. We usually make it as far as Tallahassee. That still leaves about a 6 hour drive to Orlando. If we make plans to drive farther than Tallahassee, we usually just end up driving straight through.

At any rate, there are several mid to upper mid range Chain hotels on I-10 in Tallahassee with good restaurant choices. JUST BE SURE YOU DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING IN YOUR CAR AT NIGHT TO ATTRACT THIEVES. While I've never had anything stolen, I've seen many families making police reports in the morning as we were checking out.

eandrsmom
10-12-2010, 07:14 AM
We had reservations at the Residence Inn in Tallahassee last May. After a LONG drive in the rain, we finally reached the hotel, only to find out that they had overbooked. They told us that they had reserved us complimentary rooms at the Hampton Inn across the street. We were a bit apprehensive, because a few years before, we stayed at an older Hampton in Tallahassee, and it was run down and dirty. I have to say that we were pleasantly surprised with the Hampton we were directed to. It was new, clean, and had a wonderful breakfast. In fact, I think that the Residence Inn has lost our business because we were so impressed. Just be sure that if you go with Hampton, book the one on Thomasville Road.

grumpypima
11-12-2010, 10:34 PM
You can try Crestview, Florida...an hour down the road from P'cola and another two hours to Tallahassee.