PDA

View Full Version : Enough Already Trip Report Day 4

Cinderelley
10-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Cast of Characters -
Me, 39 & Walt Disney World Lover
Dave, 33 - First visit

Oct. 2

We got to Epcot around 1. After getting our pictures taken by the photopass photographer, we went on Spaceship Earth. Dave made me videotape the video at the end cuz he made a funny face on it not knowing what it would be for. Then we travelled to Mars. Dave was on team orange. I went with team green. While he was waiting for me in the gift shop, he rediscovered the pins - the muppet set to be exact - and a pin maniac was born. We went outside and while Dave attached his new pins to his hat, I got my first Mickey bar. I was in heaven.
After his pins were securely fastened with locking backs, we did 0 - 60 on test track. They need to make Dodge a sponsor, so there's a Challenger at the end of the ride. :number1:
We learned all about Energy from Ellen and Bill Nye. At the beginning, the CMs didn't make it sound very good with all their dire warnings about needing to stand up in the middle of the rooma nd the ride lasting 37 mins. We still managed to win at Jeopardy and made it to our dinner reservations at the Rose and Crown.

We were seated by the water in about 15 mins. I was so excited when I saw potato and leek soup on the menu. I had been so disappointed when the Ireland menu didn't have it again for the Food and Wine Festival this year. It was as good as I remembered it. :tasty:

After dinner, we wandered around the madhouse that was World Showcase. I have never seen it so crowded or so drunken. Eventually we made it to Norway and schoolbread!!! I bought one for then and one to eat while watching Illuminations. Then we rode Maelstrom and the 3 Caballeros. I fell asleep on the 3 Caballeros.
Dave woke me up and we sat in a little alcove between Mexico and Norway in order to eat the schoolbread. While we were there, we watched a security guard deal with a drunken guy trying to smoke in the wrong spot. I wouldn't want their job.
I really wanted Dave to see Illuminations, but I was completely exhausted. He dragged me back to the hotel room where I was out before my head hit the pillow.

2MuchWDFun
10-11-2010, 08:51 AM
Ahh-sorry you missed Illuminations. Hopefully you'll get a chance to see it (although it looks like you'll be back in December)!

Sometimes our crazy travel schedules finally catch up with us and we just need to sleep.

Suz36
10-11-2010, 12:50 PM
It's a shame that people weren't behaving themselves. We didn't witness any drunken behavior at F&W when we were there, but we did see a totally wasted guy being led through the Boardwalk Inn courtyard.

faline
10-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Guess what you really needed at the end of this day was a good night's sleep! Hopefully, you wake up refreshed and ready to enjoy the parks!

pdrlkr
10-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Can't wait to try SchoolBread for the first time a week from today!:thumbsup:

darthmacho
10-18-2010, 04:12 PM
Ah! I found the entry I had missed. Glad to read your reports. Well done.

Also glad to hear about the pin interest. I was oddly entranced myself. Whomever invented the idea was a genious.

I was surprised to hear about the Epcot drunkenness. I have never encountered this, and hope I never do. :-o

Cinderelley
10-19-2010, 05:16 AM
Ah! I found the entry I had missed. Glad to read your reports. Well done.

Also glad to hear about the pin interest. I was oddly entranced myself. Whomever invented the idea was a genious.

I was surprised to hear about the Epcot drunkenness. I have never encountered this, and hope I never do. :-o

Apparently some of the Epcot drunkennes had hit me when I was numbering my days.

DizNee143
10-19-2010, 10:56 AM
sounds like a good time was had at epcot! :mickey:
sorry you guys miss illuminations though..thats my absolute favorite!