PDA

View Full Version : Just back from seven nights at POP!

samanthastanky
10-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Hello! So just back last night from seven nights at POP. This is at least my tenth time staying there, and I think I'm a bit POPped out. I was there with my DH, my BIL and his girlfriend. With no kids, I think that next time we may opt for a more "adult" resort. We had a walk around CSR and will most likely stay there next year.

This is the first time that I've stayed at POP since the refurb. We were in seventies preferred. About a minute walk to Classic Hall. They did a great job on the new rooms! The TV was the first thing I noticed. The flatscreen with HD did the trick! The beds seemed a lot better too. We were put in a handicapped accessible room, and I loved the fact that there was a handheld shower in it. Petals is a pricey but fun place to have a drink after the parks, and the chocolate chip cookies in the food court area were as perfect as ever!

My complaints were the same as in years past. The towels that they have in the room are too small even to dry my hair, and are too thin to be of any use. The beds may be comfortable, but the bedspread and blankets are worthless. The symphony of flushing toilets is still there! Hopefully they will get a handle on that with the "Art of Animation" resort.

So overall, another great stay at POP! If anyone has any questions let me know! :mickey:

bostonsam
10-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Oh sorry to hear....that makes me feel great about our upcoming trip!?
We can be noisy ppl ourselves(and its vacation=lookout;))so tend to not let a whole lot bother me...I mean bright side,you're really only in the room to sleep and shower??Can't wait to see The Resort and i just know my kids are going to love it there:cloud9:

BluewaterBrad
10-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Oh the symphony!! I know it well!!:mickey::mickey:

faline
10-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Sounds like it was a good trip!

kminton
10-10-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm glad to hear we weren't the only ones that heard the symphony of toilets. We were in the 60's preferred. I had thought about the towels after we got home - needed a fluffy towel fix when I got home.
The beds were comfortable; but we only slept with the sheet anyway because we couldn't get the room as cool as we like it.

How did the buses compare in comparison with your past experiences? I thought there needed to be more buses serving the resort.

I missed the in-room refrigerator for Cokes and water. And left-overs from dinner.

Kerri

samanthastanky
10-10-2010, 09:15 PM
I do agree with the fridge! I wish that all hotel rooms came with them. Even just to have a few cold waters around.

We only took the bus a few times to the parks (we always rent a car). They seemed okay to me. But one morning we waited about 25 minutes to go to Hollywood Studios which I was not thrilled about.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-10-2010, 09:37 PM
We stayed in Pop last time, I think we are in the minority in that we like the All Stars better

Kenny1113
10-10-2010, 10:43 PM
...we couldn't get the room as cool as we like it.

I agree DH is having the same problem. We just walked in and it says "71" but I usually freeze at 71 and I'm fine. We've adjusted. Other wise we r having a great time. We have not had a problem with the buses at all.
Btw I am hearing the symphony at the moment.however the first time I ever heard the symphony at wdw was at POFQ.

Kathy Jetson
10-11-2010, 04:22 PM
It looks like with the new dressers that you don't get hardly any storage. Is there enough room to put away cloths for 2 adults and 2 children for a week or will we be living out of suitcases? :confused: Thank you for any help.

samanthastanky
10-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Oh yeah- you'll be totally fine. There's a dresser, a closet, a shelf above the closet, and a lot of room underneath. My husband and I were away for two weeks (in your gorgeous state for the week before!) and had tons of luggage. We had lots of space to spare. Have fun! :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
10-11-2010, 08:32 PM
Glad you had a great time :wave:

Mousemates
10-11-2010, 09:08 PM
glad you had a good stay...and to hear they have upgraded the TV's in the values.

Granny Jill A
10-12-2010, 04:09 PM
You stayed at my favorite value resort. I love POP because it's fun yet cheap. My main complaint is no privacy curtain between the room and the sink area. I sort of get used to the Symphony of Flushing that wakes me up every morning :D.

I think you'll enjoy upgrading to a more adult resort.

Daisy'sMom
10-12-2010, 06:36 PM
That symphony plays at CBR, CSR, and POFQ. At least when we used to stay there. So hearing it at POP is no different for us. Wait, I take that back. The difference is, I'm able to splurge on that Disney Dooney instead of my hotel bill. :mickey:

samanthastanky
10-12-2010, 07:26 PM
My main complaint is no privacy curtain between the room and the sink area.

Actually with the upgrade there is a privacy curtain! There's also a row of four coat hooks right outside. :mickey:

Kathy Jetson
10-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Oh yeah- you'll be totally fine. There's a dresser, a closet, a shelf above the closet, and a lot of room underneath. My husband and I were away for two weeks (in your gorgeous state for the week before!) and had tons of luggage. We had lots of space to spare. Have fun! :mickey:

Thank you for the help!:mickey:

ginny57
10-13-2010, 11:46 AM
I just came home from POP last night. I actually liked the towels....I want something to dry me off and some thick towels are not very absorbant. These were fine for me....and my hair. The beds and sheets were fine too. Room was plenty cool and I actually ended up grabbing an extra blanket.

As for the toilets, I've stayed in plenty of hotels with the same issue so maybe I'm just used to it.

I don't really do values as a rule but, for the price, it was just what I would expect.

Granny Jill A
10-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Actually with the upgrade there is a privacy curtain! There's also a row of four coat hooks right outside. :mickey:

Really? Oh happy day. And coat hooks? I'm amazed. Now I'll have someplace to hang my wet poncho.

Thanks for the info.

JerseyDad
10-15-2010, 09:46 AM
I just came home from POP last night. I actually liked the towels....I want something to dry me off and some thick towels are not very absorbant. These were fine for me....and my hair. The beds and sheets were fine too. Room was plenty cool and I actually ended up grabbing an extra blanket.

As for the toilets, I've stayed in plenty of hotels with the same issue so maybe I'm just used to it. I don't really do values as a rule but, for the price, it was just what I would expect.

.....pretty much standard operating procedure now regarding toilets. With the 1.6 gpf (gallons per flush) regulations in effect....they're all the pressure-assist flush type...and they are anything but quiet.

....FYI...I love POP....the people that work there pretty much saved my vacation when we were there at the beginning of Sept

Ms. Mode
10-19-2010, 01:50 PM

As for the toilets, I've stayed in plenty of hotels with the same issue so maybe I'm just used to it.

I don't really do values as a rule but, for the price, it was just what I would expect.

Ditto:mickey: