PDA

View Full Version : La Hacienda

Disney Hungarian
10-10-2010, 02:52 PM
I just returned from a trip to DW. I took mom to the new La Hacienda restaurant to dine and watch the fireworks. I was told by Hector (mgr) to get there at 8pm. I must say the food was good. We had the Del Mar. A shrimp, Mahi Mahi and Scallop plate for 2. $49.95. But the view of Illuminations stole the show. I highly recommend catching the show if possible from the comfort of the dining room.

2MuchWDFun
10-10-2010, 04:15 PM
How wonderful--we have ADR's for 8pm at La Hacienda on 12/20; Illuminations is scheduled for 9:30. Do you think it will take an hour and a half to eat dinner (we'll be having appetizers through dessert--and coffee)? Do all the tables have a good view?

Thanks for your insights.

Nancy

Disney Hungarian
10-10-2010, 04:28 PM
How wonderful--we have ADR's for 8pm at La Hacienda on 12/20; Illuminations is scheduled for 9:30. Do you think it will take an hour and a half to eat dinner (we'll be having appetizers through dessert--and coffee)? Do all the tables have a good view?

Nancy

Hi Nancy,
No I do not think it will take an hour and a half. But I can give you some pointers to "camp out" at a table. Take time to order your drinks. Then order an App. Take more time before ordering your entre. I sometimes wait till the app is delivered to the table to order the main course. Just play it by ear. Also if you are not ready to vacate the table, just don't pay the bill.:mickey:

As for the view. I was 4 tables away from the window. At the beginning of Illuminations, the lights were turned off and the other diners gathered around the empty tables and in the aisles to watch. I bet the waiter have a prob with this, yet no one was asked to move.

Since they weren't able to take reservations till the 16th of October. The restaurant thinned out around 9pm. I don't know if that will be the case when you dine. You may want to request a window seat.

Good luck and enjoy:mickey:

Disney Hungarian
10-10-2010, 06:29 PM

Nancy

I forgot to add that you should adjust your tip accordingly for "camping at a table" since you are cutting into the waiter's table turnovers and their income. I usually tip 25% for a meal and a half time and 30% for a 2 hour meal.

2MuchWDFun
10-10-2010, 07:30 PM
I forgot to add that you should adjust your tip accordingly for "camping at a table" since you are cutting into the waiter's table turnovers and their income. I usually tip 25% for a meal and a half time and 30% for a 2 hour meal.

Definitely will add to the tip. Thanks for all your other suggestions--I will keep checking to see if I can get an ADR for 8:30. This will be our first night of our vacation, what a wonderful way to kick it off!

Disney Hungarian
10-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Definitely will add to the tip. Thanks for all your other suggestions--I will keep checking to see if I can get an ADR for 8:30. This will be our first night of our vacation, what a wonderful way to kick it off!
Awesome! I know you will enjoy Illuminations in the restaurant. If you see Hector, tell him the "princess" and her son highly recommended his restaurant.:mickey: