PDA

View Full Version : Close call on tram last night

dnickels
10-10-2010, 02:02 PM
I was taking the tram from the TTC out to the Grumpy section of the parking lot last night and we had a bit of a close call. The tram had already unloaded everyone at Mickey, Pluto and Goofy and was making its way over to the 'Dwarf' section of the parking lot along the outer part of the parking lot near the speedway. Just as we were about to make the left hand turn and head for the Grumpy section, a Disney security truck that was crossing the parking lot was approaching and apparently not paying attention because he tried to pull right in front of the tram. I was sitting about mid-tram so I'm watching and see the tram driver stand on the brakes, the front of the tram sinks down due to the force from the brakes and he lays on the horn and the security driver finally realizes what he's doing and stops and backs up. When we went past him he was just about 5 feet from the tram so we just missed a collision by a few feet.

I can picture a lost tourist somehow doing that but surprised to see a security guy not paying attention. No harm, no foul at least. Anyone else have any close calls with wayward drivers in the parking lots?

Daisy'sMom
10-10-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm so glad that no one was hurt. That could have been a huge disaster.

Polynesian Dweller
10-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Whew. Never experienced something like that on the trams. Glad the accident was avoided. Shows how you always have to be attentive every second when driving a vehicle.

DisneyNut6777
10-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Lots of :pixie: for the driver of the tram. A hearty thanks also. Nice to know you are in good hands. Looking forward to arriving in the world in5 days (:party:) I truly have always enjoyed the tram ride to the TTC. Never had a bad experience though. That's good. I got smacked with a baby carrige once while on the tram, but that wasn't the tram operators fault.:D

faline
10-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Glad the accident was averted!

Kenny1113
10-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Wow! Good thing someone was looking out! Was it just me or was the park CROWDED yesterday ?

Imagineer1981
10-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Thank goodness I didn't wake up to that headline today...disney can't afford anymore transportation accidents

TheRustyScupper
10-11-2010, 04:58 PM
1) New E-ticket ride?
2) Tram-of-Terror?

Scar
10-11-2010, 05:53 PM
I thought the trams operated in lanes that were seperated from the parking lots by concrete pylons. :confused:

vws_and_disney
10-11-2010, 06:08 PM
:rotfl:I would totally ride that! All joking aside im glad that no one was hurt and that all danger was averted.
1) New E-ticket ride?
2) Tram-of-Terror?

cer
10-11-2010, 06:10 PM
So glad that everything turned out ok. How scary.

Renfairwedding
10-11-2010, 07:42 PM
1) New E-ticket ride?
2) Tram-of-Terror?

Is that with or without doors????

dnickels
10-11-2010, 07:55 PM
1) New E-ticket ride?
2) Tram-of-Terror?

I think this was their version of a soft opening.

Scar - My understanding is that the concrete pylons can be moved in places. Saturday night we got to the end of the parking lot where the tram normally makes a U-turn, circles back, passes the tunnel/AAA parking/handicap parking and then heads back out. In this case though we got to the end, made a left out of the tram-only lane, and traveled along the outer portion of the parking lot before re-entering the tram only lanes. I'm guessing that when the outer parking lot isn't full they just use this as a faster way to get from one side to the other.

MyDisneyworld
10-12-2010, 09:19 AM
I got smacked with a baby carrige once while on the tram, but that wasn't the tram operators fault.:D

I agree, the closest call I have had is with people rushing to get on so they don't have to wait for the next one.

Granny Jill A
10-12-2010, 04:01 PM
"I was taking the tram from the TTC out to the Grumpy section of the parking lot......"

Did anyone else smile when they read this line, or am I just weird? :blush:

I can totally understand having a "brain vacation" behind the wheel, which is what I think happened in this case.

Glad no one was injured, though.

brownie
10-14-2010, 12:08 PM
I thought the trams operated in lanes that were seperated from the parking lots by concrete pylons. :confused:

That's only to keep the tourists out!

brivers222
10-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Just as we were about to make the left hand turn and head for the Grumpy section, a Disney security truck that was crossing the parking lot was approaching and apparently not paying attention because he tried to pull right in front of the tram.

OMG!!! you actually saw one!!!! I waited 10 days to see a white security truck and never saw a glimpse of one :( I have heard many great fabled stories of these Security Trucks by the tram operators... how they risk life and limb to save motorists stuck in the parking lots.... but i never got to see one myself

glad no one was hurt tho when they did make an appearance

r4kids
10-18-2010, 09:12 PM
[QUOTE=Granny Jill A;2109615]"I was taking the tram from the TTC out to the Grumpy section of the parking lot......"

Did anyone else smile when they read this line, or am I just weird? :blush:

I can totally understand having a "brain vacation" behind the wheel, which is what I think happened in this case.

Glad no one was injured, though.[/QUO

Hahahahah thanks too funny!!