PDA

View Full Version : Les Chef de France - Reviews

TinkerbellsMom
10-10-2010, 01:52 PM
We're eating at Les Chef de France for the Candlelight Dinner Package. I'd love to here your thoughts on the restaurant as I haven't seen any reviews lately.

Thanks,
Tinks Mom

dmallan
10-10-2010, 04:17 PM
We ate at Chefs de France last week and had a great meal! Both DH and I ordered the filet and it was delicious. Our server was very attentive and pleasant. I would definitely recommend it to others.

The one thing I might find to complain about is the seating is quite close together, although not as bad as Le Cellier where it was almost necessary to introduce ourselves to the people at the next table since they were so close to us!

Have a great meal!

faline
10-10-2010, 04:20 PM
We ate there over the summer. Several years back, we ate at this location as part of our Candlelight Processional package and I was not impressed. Perhaps we hit it on an off night. August was our first return visit since then.

We each had the offered three course meal and it was delicious! One of the best meals of our trip! We were certainly put this on our list for a return trip in the near future!

disneydear
10-11-2010, 01:50 PM
We will be eating there tomorrow night. Will try to write a review when we return.:mickey:

Stu29573
10-11-2010, 02:30 PM
We ate there on our last trip. We sat by the windows and saw Illuminations while we dined. Absolutely wonderful food and atmosphere. Needless to say we will be back there. Actually, we have ADR's for November 18th!

brivers222
10-19-2010, 09:44 PM
We just ate there last Sunday night... Amazing as always!

We make this a must do ressie for every trip. I think our next one we will do Lunch and Dinner there to get the full menu options!

I had the Steak and my fiancee had the Mac and Cheese.... Best food we had on site and we had about 20 ADRs in the course of our 10days lol

Ian
10-20-2010, 10:53 AM
If you listen to the INTERCOT Insider Live podcast series (shameless plug), you'll know that I listed Chefs as my favorite restaurant on Disney property.

I would crawl through a field of broken glass on my knees while under fire from Al Qaeda terrorists for their tuna with the olive tamponade.

:tasty:

Evil Genius
10-20-2010, 11:06 AM
It is our favorite World Showcase resturant!

Love their Lobster Bisque and always order the Plat de Cote de Boeuf au Cabarnet avec pates - which is Beef short ribs braised in Cabernet with pasta, pearl onions and mushrooms

Just outstanding!

SBETigg
10-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Plat de Cote de Boeuf au Cabarnet avec pates - which is Beef short ribs braised in Cabernet with pasta, pearl onions and mushrooms

Just outstanding!

I had this for lunch when I was there in July. Delicious. But I liked my friend's Crepe au poulet Basquaise (large crepe filled with grilled chicken, spinach, roasted sweet peppers and onions) even better. I would have been happy with the nice crusty baguette and wine. We had a wonderful meal, great service and we were seated in a spot with a great view of people passing by in World Showcase. Chefs de France has had its ups and downs through the years, but I think things are looking up there lately.

buzznwoodysmom
10-20-2010, 11:22 AM
We tried Les Chefs this past June mainly because we wanted to try something new and our boys were hoping to see Remi. It turned out to be one of the best meals of the trip. We had lunch, so I can't comment on dinner, but we ordered one of the three course meals and everything was excellent. We'll be back for sure.

Evil Genius
10-20-2010, 11:29 AM
We're a large group so we're always seated in the glassed in dining area which provides some incredible views of the park!

disneydear
10-20-2010, 03:45 PM
DH and I just ate there on 10.12. We had the 3 course meal and everything was wonderful along with great service. We even had a surprise visit by Remy. This is definitely one of our new favorites and we will definitely dine there again.

brivers222
10-22-2010, 10:20 AM
DH and I just ate there on 10.12. We had the 3 course meal and everything was wonderful along with great service. We even had a surprise visit by Remy. This is definitely one of our new favorites and we will definitely dine there again.

We had 8:50pm ressie so we missed him... We both had the 3 course meal very yummy, well worth the $$'s associated with it!

Myself: French Onion Soup, Steak, Creme puff

My fiance: Cheese Sampler, Mac/Cheese, Sorbet.

Insanity Clause
10-22-2010, 04:06 PM
We ate there when we went in April '09. I thought that it was very good. The food is rich though so plan accordingly for the rest of the day, basically don't eat much till you get there. The Creme Brule for dessert was to die for. At one point the waitress brings Ratautille around under a covered dish and Remy starts to talk to you. It was a lot of fun. I think you will enjoy it!

wdw dude
10-22-2010, 04:31 PM
I've eaten at Chefs de France many times and it's been excellent for the most part. Just one time a few years ago it could have been better.

:mickey:

big blue and hairy
10-22-2010, 05:02 PM
If you listen to the INTERCOT Insider Live podcast series (shameless plug), you'll know that I listed Chefs as my favorite restaurant on Disney property. Yeah, that was pretty shameless...;)

I would crawl through a field of broken glass on my knees while under fire from Al Qaeda terrorists for their tuna with the olive tamponade.

:tasty:Alright, I've told you at least 8 million times, don't exaggerate! :D

Oh yeah, the review, it is terrific, you won't be dissapointed.

:sulley:

TinkerbellsMom
10-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Yeah, that was pretty shameless...;)

Alright, I've told you at least 8 million times, don't exaggerate! :D

Oh yeah, the review, it is terrific, you won't be dissapointed.

:sulley:

You guys are way too much!! Thanks to you all for the reviews...we can't wait to go!!