PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Must Have Snacks At WDW?

DisneyPrincess21
10-09-2010, 11:47 PM
I am getting ready for my upcoming trip to WDW in 52 days! And I was thinking about my favorite snacks that I can't miss at WDW, and the new ones I want to try.

My favs,
Chocolate dipped Mickey rice crispy treats
Chip and Dales spicy Mickey mix
Popcorn in the special buckets (I don't know why but popcorn actually taste better at Disney :blush:)

There are some popular items I haven't tried yet, that I hope to get the chance to try such as-
Dole whips
School bread
Cinnamon roll from MK Bakery
Homemade ice cream cookie
Mickey ice cream bars

So what are you favorite must have snacks while at Disney?

Renfairwedding
10-09-2010, 11:58 PM
Most any thing but Dole Whips. I just don't get all the hype :confused:

Mousemates
10-10-2010, 12:15 AM
dole whips

chocolate covered coconut mickey heads

Corn Dog nuggets from Caseys

We have also been known to stop by Kona just for an order of sticky wings

Gator
10-10-2010, 12:17 AM
Pineapple/Vanilla Float.

Every.
Single.
Time.

Twinsowner
10-10-2010, 01:06 AM
Rice Cream in Norway for me!

Tinkerfreak
10-10-2010, 08:00 AM

I have to admit dole whips are not my favorite thing either. My DD has to have one every trip but not me.

I have to have:
-Mickey icecream bar
-rice crispy treat
-zebra domes from AKL
-I agree popcorn tastes better in the Disney buckets

We also always bring home the different flavored disney mints and a big box of the mickey shaped coconut patties and chip and dale pretzels.

FloridaTeacher
10-10-2010, 08:29 AM
Ice cream cone on Main Street & just about any yummy pastry from the bakery.:blush:

Ropachs
10-10-2010, 09:22 AM
55 days for us! I completely agree with you in regard to the popcorn, smells and tastes better in the world! And for the extra dollar or so, the bucket is a cheap souvenier.

On our last trip I finally tried a rice krispie treat, this time I'll get one dipped in chocolate. We are SUPER adventurous as you can see. ;)

2MuchWDFun
10-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Here's my list of snack items I will enjoy during our upcoming December trip:

A cupcake from Starring Rolls (DHS). Specifically, the Butterfinger cupcake!

There were a lot of items that looked great at the new caramel store in Germany at the WS. I love caramel more than chocolate...so I'll be in caramel heaven.

I will definitely get a dole whip float--pineappley goodness!

Plus, an order of the hot cinnamon sugared almonds in the paper cone-love 'em!

caryrae
10-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Always some treat at the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop in DtD. One time we got some ice cream and sat at an outside table and it just started pouring. It was kinda fun watching everyone run for cover and by the time we were done the rain stopped.

exvagirl
10-10-2010, 10:50 AM
22 days for me! I absolutely LOVE the chocolate dipped bananas with the peanuts all over it. yummmm. :)

eam
10-10-2010, 10:51 AM
There were a lot of items that looked great at the new caramel store in Germany at the WS. I love caramel more than chocolate...so I'll be in caramel heaven.

Ditto.

Didn't all of those items look awesome?! I can hardly wait-only 2 more weeks. I will also be getting one of those wonderful cupcakes from the food court at POP and WL. The ones with the frosting an inch high - sinful. You have to be careful though, as the frosting is different at each food court. It's so sad to know that.

eam
10-10-2010, 11:01 AM
One more thing. The strawberry crepes by the France pavilion at WS. I love those.

And I forgot to ask. What is the difference between a Dole whip and a citrus swirl from the Sunshine Tree Terrace (still called that?)? I use to always enjoy a citrus swirl, but they have changed something about it and they are not as good now. So I thought if the Dole whips were similar, I would try one. Please advise.

Love this thread, but it sure makes me hungry.

LudwigVonDrake
10-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Funnel cake from Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square :tasty:

bostonsam
10-10-2010, 11:19 AM

that's what I say about biegnets(sp?)lol but dole whip(s) are pretty good however I enjoyed a snowcone I had in Epcot

rubato
10-10-2010, 12:08 PM
The ice cream cookie sandwich on Main St! It's a whole meal! :thumbsup:

Hull-onian
10-10-2010, 05:08 PM
A Mickey bar:bar:

Funforall
10-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Citrus swirl and churros

faline
10-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Mickey ice cream bar for me! :bar::bar::bar::bar:

DisneyPrincess21
10-10-2010, 07:12 PM
-I agree popcorn tastes better in the Disney buckets

55 days for us! I completely agree with you in regard to the popcorn, smells and tastes better in the world! And for the extra dollar or so, the bucket is a cheap souvenier.
I have been collecting the popcorn buckets for the last few years. I don't know what it is, but popcorn sure does taste better in WDW!

Here's my list of snack items I will enjoy during our upcoming December trip:

A cupcake from Starring Rolls (DHS). Specifically, the Butterfinger cupcake

I have to try that cupcake. I want to get it on the way back to the hotel for our mid day break, that way I can enjoy it there. Did you hear about this cupcake on the "Food Blog" They have tons of great snack ideas. :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
10-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Minnie's Bake Shop Chocolate Chip Supreme Cookie.

It's heaven in a package. If you can find them freshly baked, even better! I think they have them at the Writer's Stop in DHS. :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Chocolate and caramel pecan patties from Main St. candy store....yummy

Brooklynos
10-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Dole Whips, Funnel Cake, Rice Crispy treat, Egg Rolls, Anything from France or Norway's pastry shop, Pretzel from Germany.

Great thread!!!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-11-2010, 01:09 PM
The ice cream cookie sandwich on Main St! It's a whole meal! :thumbsup:

Oh man, you are so correct. We found these by accident. We stayed until closing after the parade and fireworks and we had a snack credit that we each needed to use. So we went into the Main Street Bakery and saw these and got two. Should have just gotten one they are so big and filling. By far one of the best tasting treats on property and incredible for snack credit value.

edhunter28
10-12-2010, 01:46 PM
my must haves are:
root beer float
Giant ice cream cookie
a jawbreaker for the ride home
and several boxes of the main street cofectionary's assorted (not to mention addictive) fudge

DisneyPrincess21
10-12-2010, 03:28 PM
and several boxes of the main street cofectionary's assorted (not to mention addictive) fudge

That is for sure on my must try list for this December. I have heard tons of recommendations about the how delicious the fudge is.

Suz36
10-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Dole whips, Mickey ice cream bar, churros, Chip and Dale pretzels, corn dog nuggets, ice cream cookie sandwiches...I could go on and on!

I'm planning on trying the waffles at Sleepy Hollow next trip, and maybe a cupcake from somewhere.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-14-2010, 09:14 AM
That is for sure on my must try list for this December. I have heard tons of recommendations about the how delicious the fudge is.

I got the mint chocolate fudge one trip and IT WAS :cloud9:

dumbodoughboy
10-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Good thread!
DH and I are on our way to see Mickey and friends in less then a week for our 15th wedding anniversary celebration, and yes, there are some snacks we are looking forward to sharing!
Mickey ice cream bars
Mickey rice krispy treats, chocolate coated and plain
Beignets (?) at POFQ where we always stay

Looking forward to trying for the first time:
Dole whip
anything from that new caramel shop in the Germany EPCOT pavillion

And I'm sure we will find some new and old treats that we will have forgotten about when we get there!

misspriss
10-14-2010, 01:01 PM
The carrot cake cookie from HS. I tried it for the first time in Sept and it was wonderful. Definetly the best snack credit we used on the trip.

DisneyPrincess21
10-15-2010, 01:53 AM
The carrot cake cookie from HS. I tried it for the first time in Sept and it was wonderful. Definetly the best snack credit we used on the trip.

OOOOHHH I have heard of them. They look Ah-Mazing! :D I plan to bring treats back to my room to enjoy at night. I don't know if I could fully enjoy all of the sugary goodness while walking around the park, they need to be saved for a midnight snack. :secret:

Goes4FastPass
10-15-2010, 03:07 PM
Micky Mouse
Ice Cream Sandwich

I've never had one but it's my grandson's favorite.

LittleLady
10-15-2010, 04:03 PM
EPCOT: Norway - School Bread
EPCOT: Japan - Kaki Ghori (snow cones)
MK: Dole Whips:thumbsup:

bopeepfan
10-15-2010, 04:28 PM
I like many snacks from Disney:
-Mickey Ice Cream :bar:
-Rice Crispy treats(the chocolate covered ones are the best)
-Popcorn
-Dole Whip
-Crosants
-The Chocolate cake
:mickey:

Sylvia
10-16-2010, 12:25 AM
At the top of the list - But, not every one on every trip, or we would be walking constantly just to work off the calories. :blush:

Mickey Bar
Pineapple Dole Whip with a Pineapple Spear
Sweet Pretzel w/Almonds - Norway
Funnel Cake
Anything from the Main Street Bakery
Raspberry Ice Cream w/Hot Fudge Syrup
Popcorn
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - ASMusic Food Court
Tie-Dyed Cheesecake - POP Century Food Court

AdventurerKim
10-17-2010, 08:34 AM
1. Cappuccino float from Sleepy Hollow
2. Chocolate covered Disney rice krispie treats
3. Dole Whip
4. Mickey gingerbread cookie with chocolate covered ears from The Writer's Stop
5. Sundae from Main Street Ice Cream shop
6. Ginger ice cream from The Lotus Blossom Cafe

lettripp
10-17-2010, 09:23 AM
School bread is AMAZING. And addicting! Now I can't go back without getting it at least twice on a trip.

Dole Whips are delish as well - I prefer the vanilla/pineapple swirl

I always go for the egg roll in China. They are mighty tasty.

The pretzel in Germany is awesome as well!