PDA

View Full Version : Vacation upgrades

HackLaSalle
10-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Hey I have a bit of extra cash before my trip im staying at porfq have a myw hopper ticket and the ddp. I cant afford an upgrade to a deluxe from a moderate... Is there anything else I could upgrade to? Another day would be too much to change the flights im considering deluxe dining plan or the wine and dine package. Looking for suggestions to add a little more magic to my trip.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-09-2010, 09:49 PM
I would use the extra $$ to book a tour, or for Cirque du Soliel tickets :)

Both would be very awesome experiences, assuming that you haven't done them yeat.

Dedivah
10-10-2010, 06:41 AM
I agree with Heather. From what I read POFQ is a great place to stay and unless you want to have a sit down meal for each meal the regular DDP is just as filling. We always have extra snack credits at the end of a week stay.

So have a new experience. The Cirque is definitely a must see for our next trip.

VWL Mom
10-10-2010, 07:17 AM
Did you check WL? It is the least expensive of the dlx resorts and my personal favorite. If your looking to upgrade it may be worth looking into.

cer
10-10-2010, 08:48 AM
It's not really an 'upgrade', but there is also the helium balloon ride in downtown disney...I can't recall the name right now....I think it is not very expensive. Like $15/person...maybe.

Ropachs
10-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Well, if you can't decide on an upgrade...you could always just buy lots of souveniers! :thumbsup:

HackLaSalle
10-10-2010, 12:07 PM
It's not really an 'upgrade', but there is also the helium balloon ride in downtown disney...I can't recall the name right now....I think it is not very expensive. Like $15/person...maybe.

We did that last year holy amazing!

Thanks for the great suggestions so far. Cirque was vetoed by the girlfriend but one of the tours is becoming a definite possibility.

faline
10-10-2010, 03:55 PM
The Segway tour in Ecpot is lots of fun! If you really want a tour, you can try the all-day tour!

2MuchWDFun
10-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Can definitely recommend doing the Segway Around the World tour. It's a blast! So much fun! Plus, you'll learn some interesting facts about the World Showcase.

LVT
10-10-2010, 10:55 PM
I am hoping for spare funds for a Wishes fireworks cruise. Parasailing also looked interesting.

sherriepaul
10-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Sorry to jump thread, where can you find information on the balloon ride please? 15$ a person is a pretty good price I think?! Also where to find info on the wishes fireworks cruise please?

princessjojo
10-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Just a thought...you've already planned a nice vacation. Something else could essentially be just "extra"; something else to work into an already busy schedule. Why not use it to book your next vacation? Again, just a thought.

laprana
10-11-2010, 12:37 PM
I'd recommend the Keys to the Kingdom tour in MK! We did this on our last trip and it was fantastic and well worth the cost!

BrerGnat
10-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Spa. Treatments.

HackLaSalle
10-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the great suggestions. Next trip is kind of up in the air unless we get a ridiculous bounce back offer. I'm sure the girlfriend would like the idea of Spa treatments and maybe I'll spend the day in Disney Quest. Keys to the Kingdom maybe a little too long. Segway Around the World seems to be a winner. If I remember correctly the fireworks cruise was pretty pricey.

Mousemates
10-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Why not do a couple 2TS meals (say at California Grill and Artist Point) and then out of pocket a couple of TS meals someplace else.