PDA

View Full Version : Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It ?

BklynChick
10-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Is this still going on at MK?

Melanie
10-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Yes it is.

disneymom2000
10-12-2010, 03:45 PM
What is this about?

MickeysBestPal
10-12-2010, 05:28 PM
It's a pseudo-parade/street performance, high on audience "dance-along." (Similar to Block Party Bash at DHS.)

The "parade" vehicles come out up by the Main Street RR Station, roll down Main Street (while playing music) to the Hub, where the vehicles encircle the Hub and stop rolling.

At this point, characters perform (dance, acrobatics, other antics) while urging guests to join in the fun.

After the relatively short performance,the vehicles are packed up and they return back up Main Street to exit from where they originated.

This event will happen up to 3-4 times each day.

BTW, I've read that Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! will be ending at the end of this year.

Gator
10-12-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm not sure what they were trying to accomplish with this parade. I guess it was like a mini-Block Party Bash. That really didn't go over too well either. The simple truth is, no one wants to Move It and Shake It when they've been walking all over the park all day.

10-12-2010, 10:08 PM
I'm not sure what they were trying to accomplish with this parade. I guess it was like a mini-Block Party Bash. That really didn't go over too well either. The simple truth is, no one wants to Move It and Shake It when they've been walking all over the park all day.

Actually MiSiCi is a very popular event at the park. High guest participation even this summer when they were doing "heat shows" (no conga line). Guests love to interact with the characters on the street.

disneymom2000
10-14-2010, 08:26 PM
This sounds fun. I can't wait to see this one. I love to be interactive.:dance: