PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Weekend-Crowds

Iluvpooh
10-08-2010, 08:48 PM
I noticed that Memorial Day weekend is not blacked out for the free dining. I thought that this would be a very busy time. Why the free dining? Has anyone been who can tell me how busy. I am spoiled by early February crowds so even moderate crowds are a bit much for me. If not last week in May, how busy is first week in June?

faline
10-09-2010, 04:03 PM
We've found May - even Memorial Day - to be manageable but certainly the crowds are not as low as they are in early February. We've been the first weekend in June a couple of times with mixed results - once, with surprisingly low crowds; the other, with more crowds than we were expecting so it's hard to tell. Many schools are already getting out by late May, early June so crowds are definitely on the increase.

ftwildernesskid
10-09-2010, 09:54 PM
It looks like we're going to be arriving Memorial Day weekend and staying the week. I've been looking and it seems that the weekend has been busy..especially Memorial Day itself. I'm hoping that Tuesday-Saturday will be lighter.

javamama
10-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Last year that time had the % off specials so who knows? I know my cousins returned right before Memorial Day the week of, and crowds were fine, they took advantage of the 40% deal then even, it was just very warm.

PrettyMinnie
10-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Memorial Day crowds were very manageable with careful planning. Of course MK was swamped all the time, especially Monday, and we were unfortunate to get a lot of showers in the evening which made waiting for buses unbearable, but other than that it was fine. We did EMH at Epcot in the morning, which helped and AK was practically empty. We were also there during Star Tours in DHS so crowds were a little heavier there but the waits for ToT and RnRC were practically walk-ons. Overall, not a bad weekend :mickey:

Happy Planning :minnie:

LVT
10-16-2010, 08:31 PM
Memorial Weekend 2009 was not bad, it was wet. {The official rainy season starts Mid May}.
We used to go during Spring Break and it was way better than that time of year.