PDA

View Full Version : The most unique excuse for a child late to school

Aurora
10-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Had to call the school office this morning to tell them the reason my 6-year-old would be late to school was that after he went to the bathroom, he slipped while flushing and fell into the toilet.

Soaked his shirt, pants, underwear and socks. Since it was the end of the week, I was out of clothes for him and had to wash them (and him too!).

Don't think they ever heard that one before.

jodijo
10-08-2010, 04:05 PM
As a teacher, I have to say that I have never heard that one before!:blush:

The most common excuse I hear is that the parents overslept. I like your excuse SO much more! LOL

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-08-2010, 04:13 PM
That is great!

I had to call into work late (and DD into school late) 'cause the dog fell into the sump pump in the basement.

It was a long story how it happened, and my boss had to google was a sump pump was (made her even more confused how the dog ended up in it).

Beach Club Babe
10-08-2010, 07:55 PM
That is unique and amusing! Though I'm sure not to your poor son. Unfortunately, if that had happened to me, I would not have been able to report that. In our district it would not be an acceptable excuse, and my child would have received detention. I find it extremely sad that our schools prefer that you teach your child to lie in these situations to conform to their standards. I would have had to say that my kid slipped in the bathroom and hurt himself and I had to take him to the Dr. or that he was in the bathroom being sick, but is now feeling better. UGH.

Disney Hungarian
10-11-2010, 08:36 PM
A wonderful excuse! My other personal favorite is "Please excuse my son, he is his father's fault".:mickey:

sportsguy2315
10-12-2010, 01:20 AM
I was once late for school because I was coming back from WDW :mickey: . I guess my mom's logic was that since I'd be back at 11 AM it would still be a salvageable school day. It wasn't, and I got so much grief from everyone ranging from the valet at GF to the ticket agent to the flight attendant that I had to go into school.

Funforall
10-12-2010, 09:35 AM
A mom told me that the child was late because mom has irritable bowel syndrome. I didn't need to know that!

In my dreams
10-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Mom couldn't find the car keys- :D

Kenny1113
10-25-2010, 10:08 AM
DS6 just told me about a girl in his class that was late to school because she wanted to play wii!