PDA

View Full Version : What do I HAVE to try at the F&W Fest?

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-08-2010, 09:59 AM
We're going next week and during the F&W Fest, I get so excited that I don't remember what I need to try.

What do I need to try and maybe, what do I need to stay away from?

:thumbsup: 7 more days!

Melanie
10-08-2010, 11:05 AM
My boys and I loved everything at the China kiosk.

But my personal favorite was the Seared Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potato Puree and Mango Barbecue Sauce from South Africa. YUMMY!!

Going to try some different things this weekend. :tasty:

pox24
10-08-2010, 11:25 AM
We were there for the opening last week. In two days we tried everything. Except all the wines and beers. Everything was great. My favorites were the Beef Tenderloin in S Africa, the Fishermans Pie in Ireland and the Grilled Lamb Chop in Australia. Beware of Japans Spicy Tuna Roll. I suggest you get there right at 11 am and split the Festival in to two days. The Kiosks fill fast and the lines can get enormous. Have fun.:thumbsup:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-08-2010, 11:54 AM
I CAN'T WAIT!!!

SO...

S. Africa - beef - check
Ireland - pie - check
Aussie - chops - check

anything else???

We'll have 1.5 days there... the 1/2 day for my "b-day" evening out.

BraddyB
10-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Whats wrong with the Spicy tuna roll? Its one of my favorite kinds of sushi. Does the tuna have a funky taste, or something else we dont know about ?

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-08-2010, 12:47 PM
A coworker just got back and was raving about Germany's offerings

Melanie
10-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Specifically in China, my oldest DS loved the Black Pepper Shrimp with Sichuan Noodles.

WDW*Dreamer
10-08-2010, 04:46 PM
The problem with answering this question is....it's all great. I was there last week. I probably had about 15 different foods, and there isn't one I wouldn't get again if I went back. The Braised Short Ribs in France we're extra good.

On the drink side I really liked the Belvedere Strawberry Balsamic Chiller in Poland.

Have a great time!!!

lynnek
10-08-2010, 06:10 PM
I am so excited about Food and Wine!! We happened to get lucky and plan our vacation for the last weekend of F&W, not knowing anything about it! Whose Cuisine Reigns Supreme??!! (O.K. I know that's a line from some tv show, but I thought it worked here:) Really looking forward to trying the above mentioned foods!

amorillo
10-13-2010, 08:18 AM
I'm a sucker for fish... I loved the seared barramundi in Australia! and the maple glazed salmon in Canada! :cloud9:

JerseyDad
10-15-2010, 10:29 AM
The problem with answering this question is....it's all great. I was there last week. I probably had about 15 different foods, and there isn't one I wouldn't get again if I went back. The Braised Short Ribs in France we're extra good.

On the drink side I really liked the Belvedere Strawberry Balsamic Chiller in Poland.
Have a great time!!!

.....that drink sounds incredibly tasty!!

....few yrs back ('07 I think?)...France had a great cocktail made with St. Germain liquor, vodka & cranberry juice....and it was addictive!!

Gusgus
10-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Lamb Sliders
Sausage & pretzel roll
Lettuce wrapped pork and Kimchie

jnfr2424
10-18-2010, 07:47 AM
Loved the tangerine mimosa in Morocco and the chocolate cake with the baileys Irish creme ganauche inIreland. Everything in China was great and don't leave out the trio of desserts from the desserts and champagne kiosk wait how could I forget the Belgian waffles in Belgium or the cosmo slush in France let me stop now or I will truly keep going.....

Mitzie
10-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Oh you people are cruel I tell you just cruel! We have 9 days till we are in Epcot and we can't wait to hit the F&W. All sounds so good. This is our third year going and looking forward to the pot stickers in China. I also had the cake in Ireland last year with the Bailey's sauce... I am putting on 5 lbs. just thinking about it all.