PDA

View Full Version : Help with Game Plan for our non-park day

Narawen
10-07-2010, 10:23 PM
We're going to the World next week. We usually spend the first day resort-hopping and visiting DTD. This year it seems like we're trying to cram a lot in to that day and I just wanted a reality check if it would all be possible to see, and any suggestions for what order to go in?

We plan to arrive in WDW between noon and 1pm and eat at the ESPN cafe immediately for lunch (Boardwalk inn). This will be done first.

We have an ADR for Ohana's at 8:25 pm so need to be at the Poly by 8.

In-between, we'd like to (in any order):
- Share a sundae at Beaches and cream (I figured right after ESPN because the beach club is right there, but we're flexible)
- Visit AKL because a member of our group has never been. We'll probably just go outside, watch the animals for awhile, maybe grab some zebra domes to go.
- Check in at the POP Century
- Visit DTD to buy 2-3 items. I know what I'm looking for, so we probably won't visit more than a couple stores.
- We'd like time to explore the other monorail resorts before going to the poly, but this is a smaller priority than everything else.

Any suggestions for how to go about this? Is there no way we can fit it all in?

mook3y
10-08-2010, 12:14 PM
The thing that sticks out the most to me is AKL. It may just be my families experience, but it seems that both going and coming from AKL can take a long time. Many times the bus makes multiple stops. Again, just something we have experienced during our trips. So, when we go to Boma for breakfast, we don't even bother with the busses and take a cab/van to AKL. For us it is money well spent.

Narawen
10-08-2010, 06:13 PM
The thing that sticks out the most to me is AKL. It may just be my families experience, but it seems that both going and coming from AKL can take a long time. Many times the bus makes multiple stops. Again, just something we have experienced during our trips. So, when we go to Boma for breakfast, we don't even bother with the busses and take a cab/van to AKL. For us it is money well spent.

Sorry, I should have clarified. We're driving down to Disney, so we'll be using our own car on this day. We take disney transportation to the parks, but we usually drive ourselves around to the hotels, etc.

wildernesslady
10-08-2010, 07:49 PM
You should have enough time. Have a great time.