PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Splurge

White Rose
10-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Hello all!

I'm headed to the World from Jan 11-18th and I will be celebrating my 23rd birthday. :cool:

Now, the trip is a bit of a splurge itself, but in the past few years, I've gotten into buying myself a nice present for my birthday (I don't tend to spend a lot of money on myself, so I treat myself during my bday :D). My FAVORITE Disney movie is "Beauty and the Beast," so I'd love to buy myself something in relation to the movie.

I already have a Belle figurine (about $30 or so) and I also have a cell from the movie. I'm a HUGE jewelry fanatic (VERY nice jewelry) and it'll be a few more years until I'm able to purchase the Tiffany's I've been dreaming about. :cloud9: So, I would love to buy myself a piece of Beauty and the Beast jewelry. The only thing, is when I perused the Disney story online, they didn't have very much. :confused: Do you guys know if there's any Belle related jewelry in the parks or WoD in DtD?

And also, any other suggestions for a nice BaTB related gift? I've also been leaning towards some of those niiice paintings/art on the Disney store website as well. :blush:

SBETigg
10-07-2010, 09:08 PM
The Wyland Galleries at various resorts (like the Polynesian and the Dolphin) have some very nice jewelry, hand-crafted and one-of-a-kind, but not too highly priced. You might find something original to celebrate your birthday there, if not Beauty and the Beast related.

Also, the jewelry/crystal shop on Main Street and the Arribas shop in WS Germany have some Disney-themed merchandise that might be what you're looking for. I bought a crystal Tigger keychain and a small painted porcelain Tigger with sparkly crystals for my desk that makes me smile every time I see it. I would be surprised if they didn't have some B and B related merchandise. In general, World Showcase is a great place to look for something special and commemorative of your big day. Best wishes and happy shopping!

Suz36
10-07-2010, 09:56 PM
I remember seeing some crystal figurines of the enchanted rose in the crystal shop in Mexico. They also have custom-made watches on Sunset Blvd. in DHS - there were a ton of characters to chose from, but they were pretty pricey ($200-$300 I believe.)

BrerGnat
10-07-2010, 09:56 PM
I was going to suggest the "rose under glass dome" that you can find at the Arribas Bros. shops. Those are really pretty! I'd have it shipped home, though, so you won't have to worry about it breaking!

White Rose
10-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions so far! I'm trying to Google around online to see if I can see a picture of the rose from Arribas. Also, has anyone else here gotten the custom watches? The watch I have now, I've had for a few years and it has a lot of sentimental value because my mother gave it to me for Christmas.

I wear a watch EVERY day, though, so a custom one would get the money out of it...