PDA

View Full Version : Online or over the phone? Help...

alliekat
10-06-2010, 09:15 PM
I need some advice fom the Intercot community. I have planned many a Disney trip always by calling the reservations center. I am putting together a sorta last minute trip for me and my 12 year old dd for early November. I am have done lots of investigating and know exactly what deal I want and where I want to stay. For the first time I am thinking of doing it online. Has anyone had trouble with the system or with getting their requests met? Over the phone gets very invloved I was thinking online might be easier. Any feedback would be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance for you help
PS This is the first time my daughter and I would go alone and she has no idea that this is in the works. Its been a tough year for our family and I am looking for some Disney magic to lift our spirits. :mickey:

WishingStar2006
10-06-2010, 10:37 PM
I recommend that you contact Magical Journeys. You can tell them exactly what you want and what deal and they do all the work for you. No worries or wondering if you're doing it right and no long telephone call to WDW travel.

You can't go wrong with Magical Journeys!!!

Have a great mother/daughter trip!!!!

Grumpy.
10-06-2010, 11:59 PM
:ditto:

I am have done lots of investigating and know exactly what deal I want and where I want to stay.

For that reason alone, you can't do any better than using Magical Journeys. They will book exactly what you want AND keep an eye out for any discounts that pop up. I've booked through them twice (thanks Kathy!) and have absolutely no complaints.

vicster
10-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Definitely go through Magical Journeys!!!

lovinmesomedisney
10-07-2010, 09:33 AM
I have been booking online since I was able to. Never had a problem. I have even been upgraded three times, and had a friend who decided to make a last minute trip for her and her family. It was past the deadline to book the free dining, so I called Disney and told them I had already booked on line months previously for my family, and was there anything that could be done for my friend. They went ahead and gave her the free dining. I guess it's all up to you. I am a person who likes to do my own thing. I can see exactly what I am getting.

disneymom15
10-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Definitely go through Magical Journeys!!!

Ditto

White Rose
10-07-2010, 05:28 PM
I would seriously recommend (and second mostly everyone else on this thread) going through Magical Journeys. Not that calling/doing it online is not option for you, but Magical Journeys will take care of all the leg work for you, making sure you get the best deal. I just booked with them through Kathy (who is awesome!) and they will price everything out for you to make sure you get the ABSOLUTELY best deal. It's also been observed by me that they are more knowledgeable at times about certain deals then calling Disney directly gives you!

I'm a person who generally likes to do her own thing (esp ADRs!) but, I'll let someone else handle all the prep work from now on. It saves me a headache and all I have to do is hand over my credit card info! :thumbsup:

angua85
10-07-2010, 06:22 PM
I am one who prefers doing it myself. Until I discovered Magical Journeys. Its so fool proof, and no added fee. And I can pester my poor agent with countless questions and she answers so nicely and promptly (Thanks Terri Sue ).

Now if they just branched out into European trips....

brownie
10-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Go with Magical Journeys. They'll look out for you.

disneydear
10-09-2010, 10:53 AM
I don't want to :beat:, but I have to say i agree with everyone else especially since you are booking so close to your leave date. MJ will take good care of you and if any issues come up they will work with you to resolve it quickly. I booked my trip just 7 weeks out and last Saturday when I was 10 days out realized I hadn't received my DME tags. I e-mailed Deb at MJ and she replied back very quickly to let me know that she had contacted them and that they would be sending them right out to me. I received them just 4 days later (this past Wednesday):D They definitely take the worry out of planning your vacation.

TheVBs
10-09-2010, 02:28 PM
I've booked online the last few trips and had absolutely no problems at all. Like you, I knew exactly what I wanted to book and it was much quicker to do it online than to call. I think if you opt to do it that way, you'll be just fine.

I've never used Magical Journeys, but I've only heard great things about them here!