PDA

View Full Version : Luggage Tag Info

Disney4us2
10-06-2010, 08:30 PM
What info do you put on your luggage tags?
A long time ago I heard you shouldn't have your address on it.

I was planning on my name, phone number and email address. Is that enough or should I have the street address as well?

faline
10-06-2010, 08:33 PM
We have our name and home address on our luggage tags. This has proved useful when our luggage went astray and was delivered to our house 2-3 days after our trip.

tinksmom02
10-06-2010, 08:54 PM
I just use my name/address stamp for the luggage tag. Knock wood, we've never needed it...I also stick an extra luggage tag IN the suitcase somewhere, just in case...

Ms. Mode
10-07-2010, 09:18 AM
We have name, address and cell phone. :mickey:

civilmousefan
10-07-2010, 09:30 AM
I put my name and work address on my luggage tags.

vicster
10-07-2010, 09:30 AM
We put our name, address and cell phone number which came in handy a couple of years ago. We were going on a cruise and someone grabbed my husband's suitcase in error at the Ft. Lauderdale airport. They called our number and we were able to give the airport our location so we were able to get the luggage back before leaving on the cruise. I don't think my husband would've had a good time without any clothes. Luckily we were staying in South Beach a couple of days before leaving on the cruise.

javamama
10-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Take it from me always make sure you have current/correct info on your bag tags. Not just for the airlines, but for any resorts you stay in. The airlines have never lost my bags, but DME did! The other guest they delivered it to called us(we had a cell number on the tag since a home # wouldn't do us any good), that's how we got our bag back 5 hours later. I called the other guest back, and thanked him for his help.

Actually when you fly, it's technically a FAA unwritten rule that you have a ID tag on all bags that are checked by the airlines. We have alot of mischecked bags, the tags come off, or the wrong passenger takes the a wrong bag daily.

Ed
10-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Contrary to what others have posted, it's actually best NOT to have your home address on your tags on the outside of your bags. The thinking is that it is "advertising" that your home is unoccupied to anyone who might see the address, and you could arrive home to find that you had uninvited visitors while you were gone.

It is much better to list only your LAST name and your cell phone number, since you're likely going to have your cell with you at your destination. Put the same information inside the bag.

If your bag gets misdirected (you are in Orlando and your bag is in Seattle, for example) the airline can very easily track you down via the info on your bag's airline-applied bag tag, which seldom gets damaged.

Also, another little caveat about bag name tags. {I work around baggage areas at MCO, and see thousands of bags daily.} The tags that attach to a handle or zipper tab can - - and often DO - - get snagged in the conveyor belts at airports and get torn off. Same for anything else that's not an actual part of the bag, such as huge ribbons, scarves and belts that many folks use to make their bag a little more easily identifiable in the sea of similar bags at the carousels. It's much better practice to put some sort of marking right on the fabric of the bag itself. I see many bags with the owner's initials painted in large colorful letters, and lots of artistic types even paint flowers or other scenes on their bags.

Just my :twocents: