PDA

View Full Version : The "little things" we love to do at WDW

LovinWDW
10-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Yes, we love all the big rides like ToT, MS, SM BTM, TT and Everest but, there are also a lot of smaller things we enjoy just as much. Some of them are simple, some involve eating but all are must do's each trip. Here are our list. What are the "little" things you enjoy?

1. Walking the EPCOT countries at night
2. Cinnamon Roll at Starring Rolls after getting FP for TSM
3. Shaved Ice in Japan
4. Watching the same cartoons over and over again after a long day
5. The first monorail ride of the trip
6. Shopping at Downtown Disney
7. Spending some time on the Boardwalk
8. Taking the kids to the resort arcade
9. A late night skool bread in Norway
10. Being one of the last guests to leave MK at night.

Disney Doll
10-06-2010, 04:10 PM
1. Ham & cheese croissant from the pastry shop in France.

2. Rest day/ swim day to enjoy the resort

3. Watching/dodging the jumping water fountain at EPCOT

joonyer
10-06-2010, 04:15 PM
A few little things we enjoy:

1) Taking a break in the rocking chairs at Aunt Polly's while our kids explore Tom sawyer Island.

2) Floating round and round on the lazy rivers at either of the water parks.

3) Eating a Casey's hot dog while waiting for the MK fireworks to begin.

4) The Flights of Wonder bird show at AK.

5) Riding the steam trains on the Walt Disney Railroad

6) Watching the big fountain at Epcot soak unsuspecting guests passing by. Really a good show on windy days. :funny:

7) Downing a cool tasty refreshing sip or two of Beverly at Coco Cola's Club Cool (formerly Ice Station Cool) at Epcot. :laughing:

EJS-Houston
10-06-2010, 05:15 PM
1. Having my picture taken at the "Singin' in the Rain" photo op site in Disney Studios.

2. The rides in the Mexico and Norway pavilions at EPCOT.

3. Boarding the Magical Express at the Orlando airport and watching the video en route to the hotel, knowing my WDW vacation has begun in earnest.

johnO
10-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Some of the things we like....

Club Cool
Dole Whips at Adventureland
Beer in Germany
Angus Beef Burger at Pecos Bill's
Ice Cream at Pinoccios Village Haus while watching IASW
Meatball Sub at Earl of Sandwich
The tiles that light up at Epcot at night near the fountain
Walking around TS Island

bostonsam
10-06-2010, 05:42 PM
A few little things we enjoy:

1) Taking a break in the rocking chairs at Aunt Polly's while our kids explore Tom sawyer Island.

2) Floating round and round on the lazy rivers at either of the water parks.

3) Eating a Casey's hot dog while waiting for the MK fireworks to begin.

4) The Flights of Wonder bird show at AK.

5) Riding the steam trains on the Walt Disney Railroad

6) Watching the big fountain at Epcot soak unsuspecting guests passing by. Really a good show on windy days. :funny:

7) Downing a cool tasty refreshing sip or two of Beverly at Coco Cola's Club Cool (formerly Ice Station Cool) at Epcot. :laughing:

dole whip(s)

order a pizza to our room

stopping to see the "little" shows:Woody and gang in Frontier land

Visiting the Christmas shop in MK

always purchase a photo op picture from each park

spend some time at the resort...pool/arcade

omg!That grapefruit soda is just terrible:sick: lol

Mousemates
10-06-2010, 05:46 PM
since I am an early riser either:

1) take a leisurely stroll around the resort in the coolness of the morning.

OR

2) Drink an early cup of coffee on the balcony of our room

lynnek
10-06-2010, 06:30 PM
ooohhhh! I love this thread!! Lots of great ideas to find the hidden magic!!

Gator
10-06-2010, 06:46 PM
I love sitting on a bench watching the Fountain of Nations, listening to the ambient sounds, while my son sleeps in the stroller.

DZNYGUY
10-06-2010, 06:58 PM
I like to ride the people mover/blue line/tta with an entire car to myself. Put your feet up, take a load off and get a great tour of tomorrow land!

faline
10-06-2010, 07:32 PM
1. People watching wherever I may be. 2. Relaxing on the rockers on the porch of Pioneer Hall. 3. Walking down Main Street 4. Sitting on the balcony of my resort (regardless of which resort it might be). 5. Hanging out at Territory Lounge. 6. Having lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe on my last day i the World. 7. Listening to the band at the Grand Floridian. 8. Landing in Orlando airport and seeing the first palm tree I can spy. 9. Entering my room in Disney World for the first time (regardless of resort). 10. Knowing my whole vacation is in front of me on the day I arrive.

baldburke
10-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Relaxing in the rockers on the porch at Tony's for a good hour or so after a full day at MK

disneymom2000
10-06-2010, 10:18 PM
1) Sitting on my resort balcony with a cup of coffee early in the morning anticipating the itinerary for the day

2) Soaking in the resort pool after a long day at the park

3) A wonderful pastry at Main Street Bakery while sitting outside people watching as everyone enters the park

4) Taking an unsuspecting newbie on the Backlot Tour and putting them in the car where the get the "best view" of Catastophe Canyon. :funny:

c&d
10-07-2010, 09:55 AM
Watching the bunnies at WL while we eat outdoors.

Our table for 2 at Territory Lounge while DS plays in the arcade.

The boat rides back and forth from WL to the MK.

Bike rides from WL to FW.

Sitting on our balcony with some :wine: and just looking at the sky.

People watching in the parks.

smokester653
10-07-2010, 11:22 AM
We love that 1st walk down Main Street on the 1st morning of our vacation - always feels like the 1st time! :cloud9:

We also look for "Rosie" in DHS - she is a must on all Disney trips- too funny.

Peco's Bills - need i say more? :blush:

DisneyFr33k
10-07-2010, 11:37 AM
4. Watching the same cartoons over and over again after a long day

Are they playing them again? Last couple of trips, they were only showing them at All Stars Movies.

I hope they have brought them back! 16 more days until we arrive!

LauraF
10-07-2010, 11:51 AM
1. Riding the monorail to the MCO terminal (the signal that the vacation has begun!)
2. Monorail from MK to Epcot . . . at least once, so we can hear the whole "Por favor" spiel.
3. Strolling the grounds of the GF, hand in hand.
4. Sitting on a bench in the nature walk at AK, and just watching the birds.
5. Smelling the water from POTC. Nothing like it!
6. Wedway/TTA rides.

brivers222
10-07-2010, 11:55 AM
I just can't wait to ride the monorail again.... its been 4 long years of neglect by me. For this I am sorry!

PlutoPlanet
10-07-2010, 12:12 PM
From a Savannah view at AKL, sit on the balcony as the animals begin or end the day.

TheVBs
10-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Eating pizza by the pool.

LovinWDW
10-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Are they playing them again? Last couple of trips, they were only showing them at All Stars Movies.

I hope they have brought them back! 16 more days until we arrive!

We didnt have them our last few trips while staying at AKL and BCV. Next week we're at WLV. I really hope they have them. I Love the old cartoons.

joonyer
10-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Another fun, and FREE, "little" thing to do are the Campfire Movies at Fort Wilderness. You don't have to be a camper there to enjoy the fun. Go early and roast some marshmallows.

Minnie_Mouse
10-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Relaxing by the pool
Walking through the World Showcase at sunset
Magical express (just waiting to arrive!!)
First picture in front of Cinderella Castle
Looking at all the Christmas decorations at the resorts

Oh, Disney has too many "little things" to list...:mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-08-2010, 10:29 AM
First bite into my Tonga Toast, first sip of Kona Coffee and watching the Lagoon while pouring over the park map
Taking the stroll from our room to fill our mugs up with coffee in the am and pop in the pm.
Hearing the kids excited voices whenever they see something particularly awesome
Holding my kids close when we go on rides.
Watching my kids raise their hands during Goofy's Barnstormer! (mama didn't raise "weak" ride kids :D)
Sitting on the balcony w/ DH while kids are sleeping soundly
Watching the reflection of fireworks in my kids eyes!
Tearing up watching my kids have so much fun w/DH's arm around my shoulders
Being the last ones walking towards the main gate at Epcot while DD5 chases the "sparkling" sidewalk and DD2 is sleeping in the stroller
Viewing all the photopass pictures online at the end of the day just to relive and keep the memories fresh
Writing in my journal at the end of the day for my trip report!

7 more days and I may have a new list... or at least more to add to the list.

DisneyDINK
10-08-2010, 10:53 AM
1. Taking a picture at the Kodak Photo Spot each trip. Not of the recommended scenery, mind you, but a pic of noting but us and the Photo Spot sign. Kind of a tradition.
2. Reading the tombstones at HM.
3. Hearing the park music loops as we enter Epcot or the MK, especially on a sunny morning.
4. Checking out all of the great iron work and other details in the queues. (i.e. Bats in HM)
5. Dole Whip
6. Stopping to listen to Off Kilter for a song or two.
7. Taking a morning run from WL to FW or around the canal from DHS to Epcot gateway.

waymickey
10-08-2010, 07:48 PM
1. Taking the boat ride to Mk from WL at night just so I can see the firworks over the castle while out on the water.

2. Taking the monorail from MK to Epcot and back again counting all the armadillos we see as we go.

3. Racing to get the paintbrushes on TS island.

4. Sitting by the fireplace at WL people watching.

5. Running down to the dock at WL to watch the water parade go by and then going inside to get a mickey ice cream before bed.:bar:

DisneyorBust
10-09-2010, 11:42 AM
'Little things" that I enjoy with my DW:
- the Fountain of Nations, nice to rest, watch and listen.
-Enjoying an adult beverage, particularly in Germany.
-Like the OP stated, strolling the World Showcase at night.
-Hearing the Epcot Entrance music as you walk down the ramp from the Monorail
-Opening Ceremony at MK
-Taking that mid-day break to relax and swim in the Polynesian East pool.
Great thread!

dixielandings
10-10-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm going to post my list (if I can fit them all on one post :mickey:) THEN read all of yours...

1. DOLE WHIP
2. walking the "secret" path b/t Tomorrowland and Toon Town
3. Stroll around our Resort...or anywhere at WDW - it's all so pretty
4. Glass of wine in France
5. Explore the little shops - the Christmas shop in LS, the Toy shop in UK...OK, and the big ones too - Mouse Gear, Mitsukoshi and the huge shop in China
6. Can't leave out Stacy and Resort TV!!
7. Using any transportation other than the bus whenever possible - boats, ferries, even walking, and of course, the MONORAIL

My whole vacation usually ends up being a collection of "little" memories that stay with me forever...ah, I love this place...:cloud9:

dixielandings
10-10-2010, 01:42 PM

OR

YES, fellow Tennessean! Totally agree - I do both of these!

Disney Hungarian
10-10-2010, 01:58 PM
I always make time to enjoy a piece of coffee crumb cake and a cup of coffee from the main street bakery and just sit and people watch.:mickey:

Suz36
10-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Setting the wake-up call our first night, being wished "magical dreams," and getting that call from Mickey the next morning, realizing we're in Disney World and have our whole trip ahead of us!!

Brooklynos
10-10-2010, 09:42 PM
1. DH has to have his Lemoncello in Italy.
2. Stocking up on candy in Japan.
3. Riding the TTA just the two of us in one car.
4. Trying to beat my DH on Buzz and TSM.
5. Taking a picture of ourselves as "honorary bugs".
6. Eating at Le Cellier while having a cocktail.
7. Taking time to notice the things that are more subtle but equally as interesting.

I'm taking notes from everyone else too! Can't wait to try it all out!!!!

DisneyMelissa
10-10-2010, 10:46 PM
Things I love:

- The first trip into the hotel after arriving at the World, and getting ready to go to the parks :)
- First monorail ride
- Relaxing on the TTA, especially after dark
- Dole Whips
- The light-up sidewalk by the fountain in Epcot
- Watching the fountain in Epcot
- Getting chocolate from Germany

And so much more! :cloud9:

SandmanGStefani24
10-12-2010, 01:09 AM
my little things..

People watching from Tokyo Dining

Looking over MK from TTA

Hearing different languages in the WS

Riding the tram and monrail

AND THAT'S 1000 POSTS BOYS AND GIRLS!!!

:wine::darth::rocker::bump::coaster::tuba::cheers: :nopity:

MagicalGuest
10-12-2010, 09:23 AM
Midnight swim after a long day at the parks.
Finding bunnies at Epcot and the resorts.
That first root beer float at Mrs. Potts".
And the best...watching my kids' faces light up on Main Street the first time they see the castle.

slegrant
10-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Here are some of our favorites:

Walking the trail between Fort Wilderness and the Wilderness Lodge

Riding the boat from Fort Wilderness to the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge or Magic Kingdom

Riding every color monorail during our trip

Exploring all the resorts

watching the electrical water pageant & Fireworks from the beach at Fort Wilderness

Goofy's candy shop at Downtown Disney for make your own treats

These are just a few, the list could go much longer:mickey:

BWayGrl
10-12-2010, 12:18 PM
1. Riding the TTA alone
2. Having my picture taken in front of the giant gear at CoP every trip (it displays the current year, so it's neat to go back and look at all the photos of myself growing up each year)
3. Eating outside at Electric Umbrella and watching the fountain
4. Club Cool (will always be Ice Station Cool to me :mickey:) - I always have to taste the soda from Italy even though I think it's awful!
5. Waiting for the bus at MK to go back to our hotel at the end of the night and seeing the Water Pageant go by
6. Watching my mom eat a turkey leg every trip!

SandmanGStefani24
10-12-2010, 12:56 PM
- I always have to taste the soda from Italy even though I think it's awful!

LOL...it's funny how many of us do that! I do it because I always reason with myself that I should do it because it's right there. And it really wasn't that bad, was it??

Yes...yes it was!:sick:
:D

bostonsam
10-12-2010, 04:18 PM
1. Riding the TTA alone
2. Having my picture taken in front of the giant gear at CoP every trip (it displays the current year, so it's neat to go back and look at all the photos of myself growing up each year)
3. Eating outside at Electric Umbrella and watching the fountain
4. Club Cool (will always be Ice Station Cool to me :mickey:) - I always have to taste the soda from Italy even though I think it's awful!
5. Waiting for the bus at MK to go back to our hotel at the end of the night and seeing the Water Pageant go by
6. Watching my mom eat a turkey leg every trip!

those seem like a popular thing??could not believe how many folks enjoy those turkey legs(they did look good)Even to see a line of ppl waiting for one was funny cause we had never seen that before...atleast not where we're from,I mean we have sausage/hotdog stands ;)but not for a turkey leg lol

dumbodoughboy
10-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Wow, you got me thinking...

The boat ride from POFQ to DD, relaxing and a nice break from the buses.

Beignets at POFQ

Riding the TTA

Sharing cheddar cheese soup at Le Cellier and dipping those amazing breadsticks in the bowl

Hoping to create a new 'little things' we love to do at WDW list in a few days....

bostonsam
10-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Midnight swim after a long day at the parks.
Finding bunnies at Epcot and the resorts.
That first root beer float at Mrs. Potts".
And the best...watching my kids' faces light up on Main Street the first time they see the castle.

aw!forgot about the bunnies...and the Gecos:heart:so cute!

bopeepfan
10-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Hmm a couple things I like to do is:
-Ridding the people mover
-Walking through the countries
-Going into Inoventions and playing all the little games and things.
-Going to Club Cool.
-Walking into the Magic Kingdom the first day I arive. I LOVE IT!:mickey:
-Riding Malestrom in Noraway.
-Watching some of the little street shows.
-Being on a misson to find a certain pin to trade for.
-Eating at the bakery on Main Street.
-Shopping at all the little shops.
-Ariving at the hotel knowing my Disney trip has began.
-Riding the train at the Magic Kingdom

kcrc
10-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Ok - I'll add mine (some are dupes of others)

- Pulling up to the Polynesian for the first time on our trip and seeing the beautiful plants and fountains outside the entrance.
- Counting the lizards as we walk from our room to Captain Cooks every morning.
- Dole Whips for dessert every night!
- Watching "the World" wake up - hearing the first ferry boat whistles and watching the fog burn off.
- We have one favorite "Window" in MK - right on the corner of Main Street - on the right - up on the 2nd or 3rd story. Funny story behind this. My daughter is a cheerleader - and we were trying to make something for the girls to "inspire" them before their first national competition. We found the phrase "If we can dream it, we can do it". We loved it and put it on what we made for the girls. Imagine my surprise when I got to the MK for their competition, and that saying was in the window on Main Street. If that's not fate, then I'm not sure what is! We have to check out that window every time now.
- Watching the old movie clips in the entrance to the Great Movie Ride.
- Finding a short line on any ride!
- Taking any of the boat rides from one destination to another - it gives such a different perspective on things.
- Searching for the KidCot stops in each of the countries
- Watching the movies in each of the countries. I know they're getting a little old, but they're still enjoyable.
- Quality time with the family, where the biggest worry is what attraction we are headed to next (ok, so maybe that's a BIG thing and not a little thing! :thumbsup:)

crltkcagle
10-14-2010, 09:15 PM
1.Hunting for Hidden Mickeys

2. Getting a Mickey Ice cream! :bar:

3. Shopping at ALL the stores including the ones downtown! :shop:

4. Watching the same cartoons over and over again after a long day! (us too1) :tv:

5. Eating at all the good restaurants! :eat:

6. Taking lots and lots of pictures! :D

7. Walking around Downtown Disney. :walk:

8. Seeing the excitement on my kids faces! :woohoo:

8. Riding the Monorail and the Train.

9. Walking on Main Street and enjoying all the sights and sounds. :whistle:

10. Admiring the beautiful Wall inside of Cinderella's Castle.

bostonsam
10-15-2010, 09:44 AM
wanted to add...love towel animals:heart:still have the same bunny from a former trip and am hoping to find a new 1 waiting for me:blush:

MushuGrl
10-15-2010, 10:01 AM
1) a competitive game of POTC pinball after lunch at Pizza Planet

2) playing in the arcade at the resort, then giving our tickets away to someone collecting them.

3) Sharing chocolate eclairs at France, and mango tea at China.

4) Listening to the Disney tunes playing near World of Disney.

5) Pretending to eat a healthy lunch at Sunshine Seasons, when we're really only there for the chocolate cake :D

6) Bacon double cheeseburgers at the American Pavilion..for some reason, they just taste the best there!

7) Giggling at the "mad kitties" in POTC (we're cat lovers, and they just don't get old.

8) Hunting for something we've never noticed before in HM (we always seem to find something every time!)

9) Go to Philharmagic, find a family who's never seen it before, and watch THEM instead of the movie.

10) And, of course, a visit to Epcot is NOT a visit to Epcot without visiting my buddy Mushu at China!

Sylvia
10-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Off the top of my head, here are some of our favorites over the years, in no particular order:

1. People watching in all of the Theme Parks.

2. Eating at the Electric Umbrella at an outside table, while enjoying the fountain shows.

3. Morning EMH at the MK, just to ride Dumbo, followed by breakfast from the Main Street Bakery, enjoyed at one of the tables overlooking the Castle.

4. This happened at SoG a few years ago - drinking coffee in the early morning on the balcony, and seeing a deer come out of the woods.

5. Doing laundry at 6 AM at AS Music. Sitting by the Calypso Pool and enjoying the early morning quiet, until the laundry is done.

6. Walking around my resort early in the morning or late at night and listening to the sounds.

7. Evening EMH at the MK - On my last trip, one night EMH was from midnight to 3 AM. Instead of rushing to the bus stop, only to stand in a very long line, I stopped at the Main Street Bakery for a treat, found a table, and enjoyed the Main Street sights and sounds. I didn't get back to my room until close to 4:30 AM.

8. Riding the PeopleMover, especially at night. On one trip, we were lucky to be on the boarding platform during the fireworks - a great experience!

9. Watching the montage at the end of the Great Movie Ride, and always remembering how my Mother would grab my arm when she saw the Rhett Butler-Scarlett O'Hara scene (she loved Clark Gable!). It's been almost 9 years since she passed away, but I can still feel her hand on my arm every time.

10. Having a late dinner at CBR - Old Port Royale, sitting at an outside table, while watching the fireworks from IllumiNations at EPCOT. Some nights, if the wind is blowing in the right direction, you can hear the music.

12. Dole Whips and Pineapple Spears.

13. Mickey Bars.

14. DD Marketplace - eating at Earl of Sandwich, shopping at World of Disney, and browsing in all of the other shops.

15. Seeing my favorite characters (Goofy, Cinderella, Dopey, Chip and Dale, Mickey and Minnie) for the first time on each trip, and truly being a kid again.

16. Crossing the Florida border and switching to 2-year-old mode. Until I leave to go back home, I'll be a 2-year-old in an adult body.

17. Seeing the first red/yellow/purple sign and realizing I've finally arrived at my favorite place.

18. Checking in at the resort. Walking into my room for the first time and seeing the Mickey towel head on the bed. Let the fun begin!!!!!

19. Taking time to enjoy all of the live entertainment in the theme parks. We've seen some amazing performances over the years.

20. Creating a tentative schedule, which is not etched in stone. Other than ADRs, everything is subject to change. Some of the best trips have been the ones where we "winged" it and let the buses decide where we were going to start the day. "Winging it" - going to the bus stop and taking the first theme park bus that comes along.

21. Hearing my all-time favorite song - "When you wish upon a star" and getting tears in my eyes - happens every time.

22. Sitting on Sunset Blvd late at night and waiting to hear "Sing! Sing! Sing!" play. This was Mom's favorite big band music, and always was (and still is!) the end to a fun day at the Studios.

23. Walking around Animal Kingdom after dark and listening to the animal sounds and the music.

24. Enjoying all of the live performances in World Showcase and trying new foods, but our favorites will always be Fish and Chips from UK and Sweet Pretzels w/Almonds and open-faced sandwiches from Norway.

25. Lunch and/or dinner at 50's Prime Time - a must on every trip since the Studios opened.

26. Watching kids (and many adults) meeting their favorite characters for the first time and enjoying their reactions.

IloveDisney71
10-15-2010, 10:13 PM
1. Walking around my resort (any resort) early in the morning when it's quiet
2. Riding the Peoplemover in the afternoon so I can rest my tired feet and enjoy the cool breeze
3. Being one of the last people to leave the MK after and seeing the Kiss Goodnight
4. Walking around the AK at night - I love the lighting and the atmosphere
5. A Mickey ice cream bar :bar:
6. Watching little kids faces as they see Disney magic for the first time
7. sitting on a bench and just people watching

In my dreams
10-16-2010, 01:06 PM
Watching the unassuming and carefree birds that have no qualms of hopping right along the tables waiting for a crumb to fall! VERY LUCKY BIRDS!!

Making a wish with a penny and tossing it in the fountain.:cloud9:

lettripp
10-16-2010, 02:26 PM
- Walking around The Studios at night, when everyone else is in Fantasmic, and enjoying the music and other subtle touches
- Eating an eggroll in China (mmmmm)
- Walking around Beach Club and Boardwalk at night with an ice cream from Peaches and Cream
- Dole Whips :-)
- Visiting the UK Pavilion and salivating over the tasty treats I used to enjoy when I lived there
- Riding Buzz Lightyear at the end of the day, when there is little line, over and over to see who can get the highest score
- Shopping in DTD
- Ghiradelli Sundae in DTD
- Taking a big whiff when I get on my first "water ride"

I could go on and on... combinations of the little things are what personalize Disney vacations :-)

kemps@wdw
10-18-2010, 10:27 PM
It is the little things that make WDW fun for me...
Watching my family @ WDW
Sunrise on the dock @ WL
World Showcase "stroll"
One Mans' Dream
Ice cream @ The Plaza while people watching
Evenings in the parks
The British Invasion / Off Kilter
Family of the Day (3 times)
Maharjah Trek
Evening boat rides to and from MK to WL
Afternoon cocktails on the balcony
The wonderful CMs
Walking thru the doors @ WL greeted by the wonderful smells/sounds
Anything w/fountains
Resort hopping
Hoop-Dee-Doo
Scrapbooking my WDW journeys

finaldynasty
01-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Hmm a couple things I like to do is:
-Ridding the people mover
-Walking through the countries
-Going into Innoventions and playing all the little games and things.
-Going to Club Cool.
-Walking into the Magic Kingdom the first day I arive. I LOVE IT!:mickey:
-Watching some of the little street shows.
-Ariving at the hotel knowing my Disney trip has began.
-Riding the train at the Magic Kingdom

I would also say riding the ferry from TTC and riding every form of transportation WDW has to offer. It is under rated. I do it even if I am staying on property.

BandMan
01-22-2011, 12:51 AM
Great thread! Here are some of mine:
-Listening to the corney jokes on the Jungle Cruise
-Taking pictues of the family as they drink Beverly
-Having a Dole Whip as the air cools in the evening
-Having my wife and kids sing along with me "it's a great big beautiful tomorrow..." in COP and seeing the looks we get. (No one's ever looked angry - just amused or incredulous.)
-Seeing the look in my autistic son's eyes as we ride through the heffelumps and woozles in Pooh
-Sitting at the balcony of the train station and critiquing the bands marching before the 3:00 parade.

PinKy
01-22-2011, 03:51 AM
what a fun post!

*catching a "janitor" water artist making water character-art on the walkways outside of the Magic Kingdom.

*the talking trash can at the Electric Umbrella

*getting on the Magical Express to start our vacation!!

*finding new characters to have our pictures taken with

*Enjoying a glass of wine on the balcony of our home resort after a day in the parks

*the Flower and Garden show at Epcot in the spring

*Enjoying a chat with the giant tortoise at the Animal Kingdom. We're old pals. LOL

waymickey
01-22-2011, 10:29 AM
1. Take the monorail for a full trip.
2. Play checkers on TS island.
3. Take a nap by the fire on the second floor of the WL.

johnO
01-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Another good one is trying a new restaurant every trip.

Taking a picture as we drive under the "Walt Disney World" sign.

The music on the WDW Today channel

snowflakegirl
01-24-2011, 08:37 PM
what a great thread. some of these are new additions after my last trip, but they will definitely be repeated!

- dole whips
- having breakfast at the main street bakery (chocolate croissant) on our first magic kingdom day (i swear i dream about those things).
- looking at the frozen chocolate covered bananas (and often having one) and being reminded that i loved them so much after my first visit to disney world (when i was 7) that my mom started making them for me...after many trips as a child, i went back for my 21st birthday with a friend and firmly believed that i loved those bananas so much because my mom made them for me, not that she made them for me because i loved them so much, it was only after she reminded me of the actual sequence that i remembered...makes me smile and appreciate how lucky i was growing up and how lucky i still am to have her for a mother every time i think of that.
- sipping a glass of wine on the resort balcony watching animals outside our window
- relaxing and eating a leisurely (for me) breakfast on our balcony before hitting the parks rather than rushing to get there for opening...and realizing that i enjoyed that even more.
- getting a reisling from germany and wandering the world showcase after dark
- riding peter pan
- watching for bunnies
- finding a bench somewhere to sit and sip a soda and watch other people's enjoyment of my favorite place
- talking with the cast members
- dinner at boma
- riding thunder mountain and remembering that when i was younger that was always mine and dad's 'thing'.
- club cool
- sonny eclipse
- the ices in japan
- dinner at chef mickeys on our first night and always becoming a child, jumping up and down and squealing when mickey, goofy or pluto come by to visit.

Fastpasssteve
01-25-2011, 06:46 PM
I love sitting at the tables outside Casey's on Main Street USA, listening to the wonderful piano player, and watching all the Ibises (white birds that stand on one leg) as they watch the hotdog munchers. They watch us humans with such looks of disapproval! lol.

I also love to see the CM's wandering Main Street vending those giant bouquets of Mickey Balloons. (I can't decide if anyone really buys them, or if those people are stationed there just to enhance the scene.) Either way, it looks as if the poor CM could just float away!

I really enjoyed viewing the MK fireworks from the deck outside the California Grill on the top floor of The Contemporary Resort on my last trip. So lovely and truly special!

I also love taking a boat ANYWHERE in WDW! Lovely.

I love having Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian Resort. So calm, so peaceful...an elegant time to enjoy the company and conversation of those with you.

Victor Kelly
01-26-2011, 12:15 PM
I love these threads:

1. Seeing and hearing a child who sees the castle or their favorite character the first time. And I cannot wait to have kids and see and hear my children in Disney.

2.People watching. Just sitting down, relaxing, usually with a turkey leg, or frozen treat and watching people go by.

3. Straberry bars and Mickey ice cream bars(mickey's ice cream head dipped in chocolate), and chocolate bananas.

4. Fresh wonderful turkey legs.

5. Did I mention people watching.

6. Sitting at the beach at the Poly and watching the MK fireworks. It beats being in the park.

7. Walking World Showcase at night.

8. Coming out of the Haunted Mansion at night close to closing time, especially during a full moon.

9. ToT at night, just looking at it is cool.

10. Meeting people. I can talk up a storm with people. In line, sitting down to eat, what have you. I like to socialize.

flipadeeflop
01-26-2011, 03:22 PM

OR

1.This is always a favorite of mine, enjoying the coolness of the morning with a cup of coffee on the balcony of my resort. Some mornings at home I comment, "This feels like a Disney morning."

2. One of my Dad's favorites that he always talks about is sitting down and eating a cookie/pastry and coffee at least twice a day, once in the theme park and once at the hotel

snowflakegirl
01-26-2011, 04:41 PM
I love these threads:

1. Seeing and hearing a child who sees the castle or their favorite character the first time. And I cannot wait to have kids and see and hear my children in Disney.

I love that, too. And this past trip I started thinking about how much fun it will be to share it with my kids (when I have them) someday.

Darbylew
01-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Walking down Main Street
Sitting on a bench in a park with a Mickey Mouse ice cream bar
Having an ice cream from the Plaza ice cream
shop on Main Street while waiting on a parade
to start
Strolling through the countries at Epcot
Eating the great almonds while walking in
POC
:thumbsup::D:mickey:

WDWgoofy
01-26-2011, 08:26 PM
I've very much enjoyed this thread. This is a perfect example of why I still visit Intercot. Fun to hang out with Disney freaks:mickey:

Some little things that make my trip special...
Music - its one of the things I so like about WDW.

I truly enjoy the walk from the Beach Club to the International Gateway at Epcot. The walk is peaceful and about halway you begin to hear World Showcase themed music. After entering Epcot the path climbs slowly towards UK. The walkway is completely shaded a cool breeze is usual present and music is filling the background. This is one my favorite moments.

Likewise I love to walk Future World about 8pm the crowds are lighter and the lights are on and you can hear the great music around Innoventions. Then head to a great show at the Fountain.

I always take in multiple Off-Kilter shows. Great entertaining performances every time.

Another special moment is, of course, IllumiNations, but I also look forward to a long slow stroll through the World Showcase following the show as I take in the music from the Tapestry of Nations parade.

I could go on...

As you can tell Epcot is a special place for me.

IATwinsMom
01-27-2011, 10:43 AM
We have several little thigs we love to do.
1. Funnel Cakes at Sleepy Holow.:cloud9:
2. Walking around the Boardwalk at night.
3. Sitting on the balcony at the resort and talking when the kids fall asleep.
4. Swimming and relaxing at the resort.:)
Everything we do at Disney is great, but the little things make it extra special!!

Lightning McQueen
01-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Some of the things we like....

Club Cool
Dole Whips at Adventureland
Beer in Germany
Angus Beef Burger at Pecos Bill's
Ice Cream at Pinoccios Village Haus while watching IASW
Meatball Sub at Earl of Sandwich
The tiles that light up at Epcot at night near the fountain
Walking around TS Island

I REALLY like your list!

mook3y
01-27-2011, 05:15 PM
1) riding the monorail into MCO is awesome!
2) the first ride of the vacation on the monorail
3) chilling in a hammock in the morning at the POLY when all is quiet
4) getting the kids to taste Beverly at club cool
5) Sharing a dole whip with the family while sitting outside at the POLY
6) watching fireworks from the pool.
7) watching my kids faces more than the attractions :cloud9:

MOJoe
01-28-2011, 12:07 PM
My favorite little indulgences tend to be very early or very late in the day.

For mornings, i love getting up early and having my first cup of coffee somewhere outside. Usually near the pool.

Also, i love waking up one of my sons and opening up a park. We'll ride our favorite attraction over and over, until the line backs up, and get back to the room just as the others are getting ready.

In the evening, i love having ice cream at the Plaza as MK is closing. Many times they lock the door right as we get in. Let everyone else stand in line at the bus stop. We'll just linger on Main Street for a while.

And few things are as nice as holding hands with my wife, while strolling World Showcase with a glass of champagne, after Illuminations is over. How late did they say the arcade was open? :blush:

darthmacho
01-28-2011, 04:39 PM
So many, but here's a few:

1. Observing the theming details of every building, shop, queue, etc.
2. Snacks, especially in World Showcase, my favorite being wine from around the world.
3. Exploring your home resort.
4. Listening to area music.
5. Shopping for pins.
6. Pool...bar.
7. Visiting Wilderness Lodge on every trip.
8. WDW, at night...
9. AK walking trails.
10. Everything else.

Marionla
01-28-2011, 06:37 PM
Sitting in front of fireplace at WL during Christmas and listening to carolers. Standing on main street in front of castle while watching the Christmas parade. Resort hopping at Christmas. The silence just before the headless horseman rides and the sound of his horses hoofs at mnsshp.

Pete Olsen
01-28-2011, 07:20 PM
For us -
1. Finding our picture at Leave a Legacy in EPCOT.
2. Visiting our brick on the walkway by the Wedding Pavillion.
3. Having a chocolate rice crispy treat last all day.
4. Searching for pins.

AXOAlum
01-30-2011, 10:35 AM
A few of our favorites:
1. The day we arrive we like to go to dinner at DTD & afterwards go get marshmallow sticks at Goofy's Candy Co.
2. Riding the monorail for the full loop - both resort & EPCOT lines!
3. Riding a resort boat around the lagoon especially early morning or at dusk.
4. Watching the Fountain of Nations performances.
5. Riding the People Mover multiple times just because we all love it so much!

drhama
01-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Beignets at POFQ
Boat ride to DT
Watching ducks (somehow Disney ducks are far more entertaining than the ducks at home)
Fireworks from platform at Cali Grill
Sitting on a bench at EE exit and listening to riders and non riders.
So many other things. I could go on forever. Love reading others favorites. Puts that Disney smile on my face.

jimsgal05
02-04-2011, 08:31 AM
we love to do this... okay I do..i am now doing this with soon to be 2nd husband...

1.Train ride around park.
2. dumbo ride
3. dole whip drink must have !!

3. in Epcot going right to world showcase and taking a photo.. I have 7 of the same photos but from differnet seasons.

4.and I the one that makes my family laugh..I get misty eyed when walking into MK for the first time of the vacation.

5. indy jones show last one of the day
6 toy story at MK

Tigerinvestigator
02-05-2011, 09:37 PM
1. Taking the monorail to the TTC and walking to and thru the Poly regardless of which resort we are staying at. We do this every trip.

2. Riding the Surrey bikes from WL to FW.

3. Late night dance parties in the parks for our kids.

4. Watching Wishes from the Poly or Illuminations from the Dolphin.

5. Having a lazy day where we sleep in hang around the pool and go to the park that is open late.

akaDisneyDreamer
02-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Boarding the Magical Express from the airport
First sighing of Cinderella Castle (this brings happy tears!)
Cotton candy from the Confectionary in MK
Watching people drop from Splash Mountain
Any unexpected charactor sighting
Ham & cheese crossant from France pavillion
Finding hidden Mickey's

BigThunderFan
02-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Grand Marnier Slush and crepes in Epcot.
Early morning walks at the resort before anyone else is up and around.
Looking at the details in everything around you.
Seeing the look on a family's face when you give them a set of fastpasses you didn't use on your way out at 1pm and they are just getting to the park.
The ice cream cookie sandwich from Sleepy Hollow, and cream cheese stuffed pretzels below Astro Orbiter.
Seeing the look on people as they come into the park for the first time.
Listening to people's reactions on their first ride on Soarin'.

T--
02-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Everything ya'll said plus getting a cool bar of soap for each kid in basin white at the GFlo.
Getting them in the tub is a little bit easier and washing hair with the same bar works well.

A little something for my Wife is also nice on the vacation.