PDA

View Full Version : ADR'S really needed late January??

LisRich
10-06-2010, 01:17 PM
We're going for a short trip during the last week of January w/o kids to enjoy mostly Epcot (drinking and eating around the world for a few days). I hate having my scheduled dictated by ADRs so I'm thinking of just eating on the fly since it's just me and DH. Do you think at that time of year it will be difficult to get in at Epcot TS restaurants by walking up? Or are those days long gone regardless of the time of year???
If not, which TS restaurants do you think would be easier to get into w/o an ADR?

Thanks!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Depends - are they offering the free Dining Plan during your trip?

You are well within the 180 day booking window. I'd simply go to the Disney World Parks website, go to the dining reservation page and simply select Epcot and the days that you will be there to see what types of availability come up. That will probably be your best indication of what is or isn't available.

LeCellier and Coral Reef are almost always difficult to get into. I think Biergarten, the Japan restaraunts, Les Chef France and Marakesh often have more openings as does Tuto Itallia and Via Napoli. But even those can fill up, especially if the free dining was extended into your vacation window.

Good luck.

Pocahontas
10-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Any time of year the popular restaurants will be hard to get into for dinner without an ADR. I agree that LeCellier and Coral Reef would be the lowest chance of getting into without an ADR. If there is free dining at that time, you'll definately need ADR's for almost any restaurant. You could always make ADR's and if you decide not to use them just call and cancel. I've been at this time of year and have changed ADR's the day of or day before and didn't have a problem (each time, however we were given a late seating time). I've never tried just walking up, but at WDW I'd be doubtful that would work at most restaurants.

Good luck and have fun!

Strmchsr
10-06-2010, 02:10 PM
It is not necessary unless you want specific places or times. As stated above, if you want someplace like Le Cellier, your chances of a walk-up are slim, but there are other places where you could do a walk up. So, if you're not picky about when or where you eat around Epcot you'll definitely be able to find a place to eat.

The "free" DDP is being offered during that time, but it might be a better deal for you to go with a room only discount. Check with Magical Journeys on that.

Gator
10-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Based on how easy it was to get ADRs for the last week of January, I'd say there'll be plenty of choices that you can walk up to. Of course, you'll always have to wait, and you can forget about any place that offers characters or Le Cellier. The other places, you should be able to get a seat.

This is unusual. Free Dining should have the places filled by now, but they're not. Don't count on this to happen forever, unless the dollar collapses.