PDA

View Full Version : Need ECV/scooter for Mom

Gator
10-05-2010, 05:28 PM
I can't believe I'm actually asking about this - especially after ECVers nearly ruined my 2008 trip. Just absolutely horrible bus expereriences.

Anyway, my mom will be joining me for 3 days on my next trip. She won't be able to handle walking for the whole time, so I guess we'll need to get her an ECV. So what's a good company in the area that we can rent from? And will they deliver the ECV to the resort?

I'll be sure that we're courteous on the bus. We WON"T pull up in line and expect to be put on the very first bus in front of everyone else. There's enough of that going on as it is.

faline
10-05-2010, 06:35 PM
There are a number of off-site rental places that will deliver an ECV to your resort. I don't recall names but know I looked into a few a couple of years ago after foot surgery. I've sure there will be a number of folks along presently who have recommendations for you.

medic9016
10-05-2010, 06:37 PM
There is a post on here, that changes were made Oct 1 on which ECV can be on the busses. I think it is a size restriction or something like that. You may want to find what the changes are to help you decide.

faline
10-05-2010, 06:46 PM
This is what's on Disney's website. Is this what you're referring to?

All of the bus routes utilize buses that can accommodate wheelchairs that meet the following criteria: The wheelchair must fit in the wheelchair lift space of 32"x40" without being forced and it must be fastened by the wheelchair restraints

Disney4us2
10-05-2010, 09:05 PM
There are quite a few here who have rented from Apple Scooters. I will be renting from them as well in December. Their rates are very reasonable. They deliver and pick up to what ever Disney and other hotel you are staying at.

I called to reserve my scooter, but it can be done online as well. I just like that personal touch and Alex was very nice in setting up my rental(s).

PM me if you have any questions:mickey:

DisneyPrincess21
10-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Anyway, my mom will be joining me for 3 days on my next trip. She won't be able to handle walking for the whole time, so I guess we'll need to get her an ECV. So what's a good company in the area that we can rent from? And will they deliver the ECV to the resort?

Buena Vista Scooters, is the best place to rent from. Very reasonable prices, nice selection of ECV's.

I'll be sure that we're courteous on the bus. We WON"T pull up in line and expect to be put on the very first bus in front of everyone else. There's enough of that going on as it is.

:confused: Not sure if I am getting the story 100%, but ECV user's get into a separate handicap line, they don't wait in the regular line with the rest of the guest. And they Do load the bus first before people standing in the regular line.

TheDuckRocks
10-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Companies I have rented from in the past are:
#1 - Apple Scooter (will use them again next trip)
#2 - Walker Mobility
#3 - Scootarama
#4 - Care Medical (old shabby equipment)

PETE FROM NYC
10-06-2010, 02:24 PM
I have used Apple for my last 2 trips. I have found that they give the most bang fo my buck, after researching several companies.
Free delivery and pick up.
Free insurance.
Good reliable equipment.
Nuff said!

mickeefan
10-06-2010, 09:15 PM
We just rented from Apple last month. We rent two and they were the least expensive and great to work with. Their ECV's had the captain's chairs and by far the most comfortable we have ever had. We have rented from three of the major companies and will be using Apple for our next trip in May.

AvaNellMouse
10-06-2010, 10:12 PM
First on...
Last off...

Hammer
10-06-2010, 10:48 PM

:confused: Not sure if I am getting the story 100%, but ECV user's get into a separate handicap line, they don't wait in the regular line with the rest of the guest. And they Do load the bus first before people standing in the regular line.

First on...
Last off...

Wheelchairs/ECVs are put onto buses first. They have to do it that way to provide for setup of the seat configuration. So, if your mother wheels up and there is a line but no other wheelchairs, she is going to be put on the bus first. Likewise, because of the seat configuration, wheelchairs and ECVs are taken off the bus last. To do either process any other way is a logistical nightmare.