PDA

View Full Version : Holyland Experience - Orlando

BigG007
10-05-2010, 03:25 PM
I am trying to find out if it is worth visiting Holyland Experience in orlando when on my next vacation

http://www.holylandexperience.com

I haven't heard much about the park

John
10-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Been there, done it - it ain't Disney, Universal or Sea World. No rides. Some shows.

One neat attraction in my opinion which was the scriptorium (I think it was called) that took you thru the history of the bible along with the huge diorama that showed the layout of the holyland.

All in all, I thought it really wasn't worth the admission price and only spent about 2-3 hours there at most.

Disclosing - this was a few years ago....

vallerii
10-05-2010, 05:49 PM
Actually it depends on what you're expecting and looking to get out of it. It's *not* a theme park persay like any of the Disney parks or Universal.

However, if you are interested in Religion and Religious history from a Christian perspective it is really worthwhile, or if you are looking for a bit of spiritual renewal it can be uplifting.

Think of as more of a really good living museum of Christianity, and when you consider what some museums cost nowadays, it's not that expensive.

If you like live performance/theater, the price justifies the admission as there are some really good live shows and re-enactments.
I do agree that the scriptorium was amazing too---some of those items are positively priceless.

We did manage to spend about an entire day, but we watched several of the shows and movies, and took time to read a lot of the exhibits.

We went years ago when I was younger around Easter, and it was a really nice time to go.

RAIDER
10-10-2010, 04:09 AM
We went many years ago and i agree the comments of John and Vallerii .
Its not a theme park as such ,more of a museam with shows and a very good history lesson if thats your thing . Its a park if your a neutral that you visit once to cross it off your list ,but not a full day in my view .
The cast members however are one of the friendliest of any theme park and if they still do the Goliath Burger ,well that ws one of the best theme park burgers we have ever had in our lives :thumbsup: