PDA

View Full Version : Fun Things to do during the Fall

NJGIRL
10-05-2010, 02:19 PM
I just thought I would pass along some fun things to do if your in the South Jersey area this fall.

Camden Aquarium (Camden County): This aquarium is top notch. They have many viewing tanks, demos, and exhibits. They have stingrays, sharks, seals, hippos, birds and many more animals. We spent an easy 4 hours there and were not bored. The food in the food court was good!
It's really nice to walk the waterfront when you are done in the aquarium. You can tour the battleship or hop on the ferry to Philly (very cheap) for lunch.

Historical Batso (Atlantic County): This is a free day! The park is so clean and relaxing. You can hike, picinic, canoe, or walk around the historic buildings for a little look back to the past. There is a small visitors center and gift shop.

Cold Spring Village (Cape May County): Admission is inexpensive. This is a working village (pottery, iron works, candles). You can tour the buildings and get a history lesson from the "characters" working there. I especially liked the "tavern owner". He was very interesting. There is a restaurant (we didn't eat there), an ice cream shop, and a bakery. I thought the bakery was overpriced and not very good (I am not picky with my treats). We were there on a weekend that they were having a Civil War reenactment and it was great! We walked around the two camps and spoke to the soldiers and learned so much. Then we saw a battle! The Village has different events going on each weekend so take a look at their schedule for something that might interest you.

goofyfan4466
10-05-2010, 03:09 PM
thanks for the great info., my family has been talking about the aquarium & the battleship.

exvagirl
10-05-2010, 04:02 PM
I've been to the aquarium...it really is great!!! :)

DisneyDog
10-06-2010, 05:56 PM
We've been to the Battleship. It is very cool. My son, in true Disney child fashion, liked the store. :blush:

NJGIRL
10-07-2010, 07:29 AM
We did the battleship about two years ago and my son loved it. It was very interesting. The thing I like about that area is that everything is right there. You have the battleship, the aquarium, the childrens garden (which I hear is very nice), you can just walk the waterfront, the ferry to Philly is there. You park in one spot for the day and you don't have to move your car.

BTW for anyone who doesn't know, the ferry to Philly takes you to Penn's Landing. From there you are about 3 blocks from the Independence Hall & Liberty Bell area.