PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone service in the parks?

Inventor'sDaughter
10-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Hi everybody! I did a search and didn't find a recent thread on this, so I thought I'd ask...

We used to take walkie-talkies into the parks, but I thought that now we could use our iPhones.

Is there cell phone coverage for AT&T users in the parks? Is there cell phone coverage for other providers?

magicofdisney
10-05-2010, 11:17 AM
AT&T coverage is excellent in the parks. The possible exceptions are deep inside buildings or building areas underground. The Nemo ride and Soarin' come to mind.

brivers222
10-05-2010, 11:23 AM
We are going this year with ATT but i have been there in the past with t-mobile (2004) and Verizon (2006) never had a problem with reception once.

5togetherWDW
10-05-2010, 11:43 AM
We use ATT in the parks. Works well everywhere outside and in most buildings. Not surprisingly, but a bit frustrating, there are buildings that block reception -- can't call from inside Innoventions and much of TestTrack (two places we find we wish we could call one another, as we are not all together.) Other than the occasional building - it works well.

WDWCrazyKaren
10-05-2010, 02:23 PM
We use T-Mobile and other than in a few of the bigger buildings, we've had great service. The worst was inside the Land Pavilion at Epcot. No service at all in there, anywhere in the building. Otherwise, it was all good.

In our room, on the other hand, we either had to stand in the window or go outside the room. No service in our room at all.

brownie
10-05-2010, 02:44 PM
I have Sprint, and the only place I had some trouble was around Downtown Disney and/or Boatwrights. It's been a few years, so I can't remember exactly where I had a problem at. It wasn't a big deal at the time.

SandmanGStefani24
10-05-2010, 11:16 PM
another Sprint user here.

Service was great in all areas, and not once did I drop a call or lose signal while in MK, Epcot, or POP/ASMusic. :thumbsup:

PETE FROM NYC
10-06-2010, 02:48 PM
We use Verizon.
No problems.

thumperbug
10-06-2010, 05:09 PM
AT & T. Only times no bars was in POC

AllDisney
10-06-2010, 05:11 PM
We have never had an issue at the parks using our phones

johnO
10-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Sprint is great throughout WDW

MagicalGuest
10-08-2010, 09:11 AM
We've also had no problems w/service. But oddly, last time we were there my 10-year-old son's phone was slammed. He kept getting political campaign calls in English and Spanish for a candidate for mayor of Orange County. Since he only used his phone in the parks — and since he's got a NJ phone # — and since my husband works in the phone business — we know it was culled from phones used in the parks.

We complained to security at MK about this, but never heard anything back. While the calls were relatively harmless (just annoying), what if they had been inappropriate for a kid to hear?

bostonsam
10-08-2010, 09:43 AM
DH and I use Sprint...I have a new phone now, but before always used a Nextel and the DC was great for communicating throughout the parks/trip(s)

Disney Doll
10-08-2010, 05:11 PM
We use Verizon.
No problems.

Ditto!

pixiesmimi
10-08-2010, 05:50 PM
On this same line, have you ever downloaded the Disney Apps on your phone to check for lines at rides or the new one about checking for tables available at restaurants? If so, what is the name of the app so I can check it out?

Harriet
10-10-2010, 02:35 AM
Does Tracfone work at the parks and in the hotels?

DisneyPrincess21
10-10-2010, 04:08 AM
Hi everybody! I did a search and didn't find a recent thread on this, so I thought I'd ask...

We used to take walkie-talkies into the parks, but I thought that now we could use our iPhones.

Is there cell phone coverage for AT&T users in the parks? Is there cell phone coverage for other providers?

AT&T coverage is great.

Also, the best part about having an iPhone at Disney? Free Internet! It is a must for me, I don't know how I survived before my iPhone.

PrettyMinnie
10-13-2010, 10:05 PM
I have Sprint which is overall a great service but in spotty places my phone tends to act up. (i.e. I won't get texts until hours after they are sent and trouble with calling) I had some trouble with this in DTD (I believe that was mentioned above) and inside the attractions in line. It wasn't too much of a problem as we were all together and there was no need to contact anyone but if you are concerned about keeping in touch it may be difficult at times.

sportsguy2315
10-13-2010, 11:16 PM
On this same line, have you ever downloaded the Disney Apps on your phone to check for lines at rides or the new one about checking for tables available at restaurants? If so, what is the name of the app so I can check it out?
It isn't an "official" app, but Lines made by Unofficial Guide is pretty accurate from my research.

Does Tracfone work at the parks and in the hotels?
I had Tracfone on my last trip in 06. It worked quite well, and the only dead spots were Nemo, PoTC, and other attractions that take you underground.

Kenny1113
10-14-2010, 06:44 AM
Had I seen this thread 2 weeks ago, I would have said no problem. But, We just got back. And our service with AT&T was spotty. DH and I had areas of little to no service, our friends( also AT&T) experienced the same issues. We even had issues with sending texts! We Talked to people in line who were having the same problem with their's as well.

We have been having issues with AT&T at home as well, not like we were experiencing in parks but issues nonetheless.

Hopefully they get this worked out in time for your trip.