PDA

View Full Version : Champagne at Food and Wine festival

Hammer
10-05-2010, 11:08 AM
From the list I was able to find for the Food and Wine festival booths, the price of the various Moet and Chandon champagnes seems to be half the price of last year. Hey, I would love a bargain, but I am thinking that they no longer offer the option of buying a full glass at the F & W festival booth. Can anyone who has gone confirm my suspicions?

pox24
10-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Its still there... Its between Mexico and where the new Duffy the Bear section will be.

Hammer
10-06-2010, 03:17 PM
I know it is still there, I'm just trying to find out if they are still serving full glasses of champagne or have switched to small pours, like the wine selections at other booths.

Hammer
10-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Thanks to Mel, I have my answer. They are now serving 4 oz. portions instead of the full glasses as in past years. Looks like I'll be going to the permanent kiosk in France for big girl glasses of champagne.

Big thanks to Mel for checking!

celebrationasheley
10-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Martini Rossi Asti is sold 9.00 a glass (9.00 a bottle in stores outside of disney) and a whole bottle in your resorts gift store is 19.95. Happy drinking!!!

Hammer
10-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Martini Rossi Asti is sold 9.00 a glass (9.00 a bottle in stores outside of disney) and a whole bottle in your resorts gift store is 19.95. Happy drinking!!!

Not a real fan of Asti, but thanks! Prefer champagne as well as cava, which I saw is being offered at the Spain booth this year :thumbsup: !

SallyP
10-12-2010, 11:36 AM
It's been a roller coaster ride this year at the Champagne kiosk. Sept 30 and Oct 1 they were serving full flutes at half price. Disney then switched to the small 4 oz sample glasses at around $5 a pour. Not good for Moet & Chandon to be served in that kind of glass ... bubbles can't do their thing! The flutes are back at full pours and full prices of $9-$10 per pour.

TheRustyScupper
10-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Not good for Moet & Chandon to be served in that kind of glass ... bubbles can't do their thing!

1) It isn't just guests who may not know how to drink champagne.
2) Sometimes even servers think martini glasses are good.
3) Pity.
4) Glad they got it changed back.