PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Vero Beach

disney1122
10-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Anyone been? Nice place? We are looking for a beach vacation next summer with a touch of Disney.

How old is the resort? I'm thinking it is several years old and I'm concerned with it showing its age. Anyone been recently? :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
10-05-2010, 12:10 PM
We went in June of 2008 and had a wondeful stay. Our room was in the main building and it was in great condition. I don't recall seeing anything to suggest the resort is starting to look old or dated. It was just the right amout of Disney added to a great beach vacation.

gwfx1031
10-05-2010, 12:27 PM
We went last year at this time and stayed in an ocean view studio. It was very nice and clean and not aged. This is an awesome, laid back resort.

MariMouse
10-05-2010, 12:33 PM
We went last year and will go again in March. We've stayed in an ocean view room and a studio. We really enjoy this resort because it is so laid back. We lay around the pool , although last year was really cold! There are good restaurants in the area and some sightseeing. All in all, its just a really relaxing time and just enough Disney.:mickey:

disney1122
10-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Do you know where they post costs on the cottages or are those only available to DVC members?

MariMouse
10-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Anyone can book at Vero Beach. Just put in a word search for "Disney Vero Beach" and you can find an official site to make reservations.

Ed
10-06-2010, 10:27 PM
We've been to VB numerous times, and expect to return there many more times. :thumbsup:

VB just turned 15 years old on October 1st. It is impeccably maintained. The rooms and villas are roomy and well equipped.

The resort was damaged by the trio of hurricanes that hit the area in 2004, and a lot of work was done to restore it to A+ condition.

The resort has a real Disney "feel" to it without being overdone.