PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

crltkcagle
10-05-2010, 09:59 AM
WE just changed our 2011 trip from May to Sept 24-Oct 1st. I just wanted to make sure that this week is a good week to go. As in there are no crazy things going on that week? We have been in September before but it was earlier in the month. Just want to make sure there isn't anything going on then. Thanks

vicster
10-05-2010, 11:14 AM
The Food and Wine Festival usually starts the end of September which is a great time to go!

brivers222
10-05-2010, 11:19 AM
I have always gone in May and loved it...

we switched it up to 2nd week in October this trip... and I gotta say the biggest concern (especially with your time as of this year) is what mother nature has going on.... I am not really liking the thrill of having to track Hurricanes and Tropical storms (albeit Strmchaser does a magnificant job :) ) but that would be my biggest concern.

looks like our week next week we lucked out a bit.

vicster
10-05-2010, 11:25 AM
I have always gone in May and loved it...

we switched it up to 2nd week in October this trip... and I gotta say the biggest concern (especially with your time as of this year) is what mother nature has going on.... I am not really liking the thrill of having to track Hurricanes and Tropical storms (albeit Strmchaser does a magnificant job :) ) but that would be my biggest concern.

We've gone in September the last 9 years and never had a problem (not that there couldn't be one as it is hurricane season). Hurricane season actually starts in June and ends the end of November.

brivers222
10-05-2010, 11:33 AM
yeah of course the chances of an actual hurricane hitting is slim to none... what i was trying to get at is that in May over the course of 40 days (4 different trips) I had i believe one full day of rain out total... The end of September this year seemed to be a little more damp then that time of year. which is why i was saying the only issue is what Mother nature has in store... I am sure the crowds will be amazing (and i have also heard that from several people)

michellerose1579
10-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Hi! I just got back from my trip 9/21 - 9/29. It was a great time to go. During the week, we had little to no wait for rides. Even when the waits were posted at 60+ minutes, they ended up being closer to 15-20. The busiest time for us was saturday and sunday. We did have some rain, but that was to be expected in Florida. There was one evening that was all rain and t-storms, but we were able to make it to our evening ADRs and La Nouba without a problem. It was still quite humid and there was an abundance of black bugs that my orlando friend calls love bugs. They were gross. He said they are around every year at that time. I dont think they bite, but they are annoying. Other than the bugs, it was lovely!

crltkcagle
10-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Well we are from New Orleans so tracking hurricanes isn't a big deal for us. LOL So other than mother nature its sounds like we should be ok. I just don't want any surprises! LOL Thanks everyone!

Disney Doll
10-06-2010, 04:04 PM
We were the Sept 23-30 this year and I would consider it a good time to go. There weren't any large group events or anything. In fact crowds were fairly low. My only complaint was the heat, but since you've been in Sept before you know about that. We just missed the food & wine fest since it started in Oct this year.

diz_girl
10-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Free Dining will probably be offered again, so be sure to make your ADRs early so that your favorite places aren't booked. Also, there may be a couple MNSSHPs then, so just make sure of the dates and find somewhere other than the MK to spend your evening.

vicster
10-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Free Dining will probably be offered again, so be sure to make your ADRs early so that your favorite places aren't booked. Also, there may be a couple MNSSHPs then, so just make sure of the dates and find somewhere other than the MK to spend your evening.

Free dining dates have already been announced for next year and does include those dates. We went last month and crowds weren't bad at all.

johnO
10-06-2010, 05:04 PM
We've been going in September/October since 2007. We love it. Free dining is always a plus, but we havent done free dining every time. The weather is great, F&W at epcot is great and the crowds are very minimal.

johnO
10-06-2010, 05:05 PM
As a matter of fact....our Disney Cruise is only a couple weeks away!!! Three days at CSR after that!:number1: