PDA

View Full Version : Free dining plan question

ewasilau
10-05-2010, 02:08 AM
This may seem like a dumb question, but I can't seem to find the info to confirm the answer - if you purchase a 5-day/4-night package w/ park tickets and a Disney resort stay and you get the free DDP, which gives each person 1 snack, 1 quick meal, and 1 sit-down meal, does that mean each person gets 4 snacks, 4 quick meals, and 4 sit-down meals over the course of his/her stay? Or does each person get 5 snacks, 5 quick meals, and 5 sit-down meals?

Also, if you end up having to purchase "extra" food (we will have an under-3-year-old with us who won't receive the free dining), can you just tell the cast member what you are paying for with your "free" plan and what you want to pay for separately? And the under-3-year-old can still eat free at buffets, right?

Thanks!
:mickey:

tadshome
10-05-2010, 02:38 AM
The DDP is 1 table, 1 counter and 1 snack per night so you would have 4 of each per person for your trip. You can tell the CM what you are you are paying OOP for and they will give you a seperate bill for these items.

2MuchWDFun
10-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Tadshome is correct.

Also--we found it easy to split CS meals between two adults at many locations, so you can make your CS credits go further. Here are some places that come to mind: the counter service at Yak n Yeti (AK), Starring Rolls (DHS)-the sandwiches are huge!, the pizza place on Sunset Blvd in DHS, I think it's Catalina Eddies--easy to share pizza, salad, desert and drink; try Cosmic Ray's at MK--you can get a chicken and ribs combo plate with sides that very easy to share. Honestly, most CS places in the World Showcase are great choices--Tangeriene in Morroco is one of our favorites, but the Cantina just opened in Mexico, plus Sunshine Seasons in the Land has large portions and a huge variety. You really shouldn't have to pay for food for your youngest child--they will be able to share from your plate at table service--just ask for an extra salad plate.

If you choose to purchase anything additional, such as an appetizer or an adult beverage, it will be on your receipt at the end of the meal. You can pay for it then (along with gratuity) or charge it to your room. Once you have been through the process; it'll be a breeze the next time. Always ask your server if you have any questions.

One nice thing is that your CS, TS, and Snack credit balances will be on your receipt, so you'll always know what you have remaining.

Gator
10-05-2010, 12:34 PM
The DDP is in direct relation to the nights you stay, not the days. I works well for folks like me cause I spend two days traveling to and from WDW. It leaves me with extra credits which I use at double-credit restaurants.

brownie
10-05-2010, 02:48 PM
The credits are assigned based on nights, not days. You don't have to use them on a per night basis though. You could use all your credits up in one or 2 days if you wanted to.

ewasilau
10-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Thank you! I assumed that the dining plan corresponded to nights, but I'm glad to know for sure. Next I need to figure out the best places for us to eat on our too-short trip!